Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 29th May 2019, 23:22   #361
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Thanks! I think I am inclined to these too. Will start work on pricing. I think a good deal can be struck sub 10k per tyre for xuv size
Old 10th July 2019, 22:07   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diwa View Post
I am picking up my new XUV W7 AT next week. I need advice on the OE tyre Bridgestone Duellers HT, how good is it?. Should I exchange for Geolander or LTX force or Scorpions?. I am getting a good exchange rate of RS 8,000/- for the OE tyres.
Bridgestone Duellers lasted for 72,000Kms on my 2008 mahindra Scorpio vlx. Front 2 tyres would go bald in about 15000-20000kms more. But the rear ones are still holding up.
Old 27th July 2019, 18:42   #363
BHPian

XUV 5OO Tyre replacement Bridgestone

Its time for tyre replacement for my XUV5OO W6. I am looking for Bridgestone Dueler D684 P235/65 R17 104H Tubeless from Tyres N More(dot)com. It is a good option for 12K per tyre. Has anybody used Bridgestone and your suggestions are welcome.
Old 27th July 2019, 19:41   #364
BHPian

Re: XUV 5OO Tyre replacement Bridgestone

My erstwhile Scorpio (2011) came shod with the Duelers as the stock tyre option. They had respectable dry/wet grip, the only issue being excessive road noise and a wooden ride.
SID2997 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 20:52   #365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SID2997 View Post
My erstwhile Scorpio (2011) came shod with the Duelers as the stock tyre option. They had respectable dry/wet grip, the only issue being excessive road noise and a wooden ride.
Which make of tyre is a good option for XUV 5OO? I was under the impression that Bridgestone is one of the good brands.
Old 27th July 2019, 20:56   #366
Distinguished - BHPian

This thread will give you all options for the XUV500.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...-thread-4.html (Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 21:03   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
Which make of tyre is a good option for XUV 5OO? I was under the impression that Bridgestone is one of the good brands.
Yokohama Geolandar is a good all-rounder tyre for off-road/on-road applications considering your off-road excursions are not hardcore in nature.
SID2997 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th July 2019, 21:04   #368
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittal View Post
Its time for tyre replacement for my XUV5OO W6. I am looking for Bridgestone Dueler D684 P235/65 R17 104H Tubeless from Tyres N More(dot)com. It is a good option for 12K per tyre. Has anybody used Bridgestone and your suggestions are welcome.
Bridgestone Dueler tyres are fitted on my Scorpio (2009) as OE. I am very much satisfied with its performance. I do not use it quite often and hence these are still fitted and lasting since 10 years. If I am to replace I will surely go for a fresh set of the same brand. I have read reviews about Michelin being a better option. But I will prefer to stick to Bridgestone, as I find it much better qualitywise in the handling, ride, noise and other departments as compared to other Indian brands.
anjan_c2007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 16:37   #369
BHPian

Hello Guys,
I need to change the tyres for my XUV 500 within this week and I have shortlisted two options after searching for almost a month now. I will be retaining my car for another 1.5 years or max to max 2 years. So I don't want to invest a lot and go for the 11-12K mark but I also don't want to compromise with the quality of the tyres. So I have shortlisted these two options and I need your help to finalize one.
1. CEAT CZAR H/P 104H

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-c1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-c2.jpg

2. GOOD YEAR WRANGLER AT/SA 104H

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-g1.jpg

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-g2.jpg

Both the tyres are costing me around 9800/- per piece. And both have warranties with warranties for side cuts as well. So which one should I go ahead with? I am more inclined towards the Wrangler but the actual reviews from the members who are using these tyres or have used them in past will give me more confidence in finalizing the deal.

Thanks
Old 5th August 2019, 16:52   #370
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singh09 View Post

2. GOOD YEAR
I have these tyres on my Terrano, changed at 65k kms, current mileage 1,46,000. Tyres still have some life left.

The added advantage is the aggresive appeal the car have with these AT tyres.
Old 6th August 2019, 01:12   #371
BHPian

Quote:
Hello Guys,
I need to change the tyres for my XUV 500 within this week and I have shortlisted two options after searching for almost a month now. Thanks

I am not sure if you have considered Michelin LTX force. If not yet you should try that as well - the right balance between the two tyre options you have.

My car changed to LTX force a month back - and haven't been able to travel down to see the tyre in the skin as yet
Old 6th August 2019, 12:30   #372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDHAV View Post
I have these tyres on my Terrano, changed at 65k kms, current mileage 1,46,000. Tyres still have some life left.

The added advantage is the aggresive appeal the car have with these AT tyres.
That's great..81K not bad. How is the ride quality? And do they make lot of noise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
I am not sure if you have considered Michelin LTX force. If not yet you should try that as well - the right balance between the two tyre options you have.

My car changed to LTX force a month back - and haven't been able to travel down to see the tyre in the skin as yet
I did earlier but as I said I don't want to invest more than 10k per tyre and Michelin does not fit there.
Singh09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:47   #373
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
GOOD YEAR WRANGLER AT/SA 104H
I know few XUV owners who are very happy with their Wranglers. As BANDHAV mentioned, an added advantage is that they look great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Yes, LTX is the best of both worlds I guess. I am considering them seriously since my OEM Bridgestones are nearing replacement. I drove XUV of a friend who has changed to LTX recently and loved its grip and smooth ride.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 12:56   #374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That's great..81K not bad. How is the ride quality? And do they make lot of noise?
Terrano's ride quality is great and it was not adversely affected by these tyres.

Yes, the road noise is slighly on the higher side but should not be a deciding factor as XUV is decently insulated.

PS: Took out my Terrano today as massive water
logging here in NCR and I am not very confident about my XUV's capability to handle it. Sustained a puncture on front right tyre. The air was not getting retained even after repair, as a last resort opted for tube. I want to opt for Goodyear again but as usage is very less now would opt for something relatively cheaper.
BANDHAV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2019, 21:33   #375
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Yes, LTX is the best of both worlds I guess.
Even that was what I was told. Yet to drive it - anxiously waiting to go back home to drive them

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
I am considering them seriously since my OEM Bridgestones are nearing replacement. I drove XUV of a friend who has changed to LTX recently and loved its grip and smooth ride.
OEM Bridgestones? How long have you been on them mate? I am sure both our XUV's are of the same time - around 2012?

I moved to Michelin post two rounds of Bridgestones.

Most Viewed