Team-BHP - Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/115700-mahindra-xuv500-tyre-wheel-upgrade-thread.html)

Friends,

Has anyone found a decent alloys for their W6 XUV500 ? I am trying to find one but till now could find only in HRS. They were good but it wasn't love at first sight.

Check this ownership review out; the owner has changed his stock alloy wheels.

I must add, it's VERY difficult to get great looking alloy wheels in not-so-common sizes. The best stuff is usually in the 13 - 15 inch range. I still have to see a set of 17's that is love at first sight for my Civic.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2679041)

I must add, it's VERY difficult to get great looking alloy wheels in not-so-common sizes. The best stuff is usually in the 13 - 15 inch range. I still have to see a set of 17's that is love at first sight for my Civic.

The rims on that XUV as far as I know are offered as an option by Mahindra itself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 2679041)

agree:, I did lot of scouting for 17 inches rims but only mahindra has the option and quite a classy one I must say. These appear as "super speed rims" in the accessory brochere .
Though for W8 owners the downside is that you have to do away with tyretronics if you chose to replace stock alloys with these (Im not sure if you get discounted exchange price too)
For W6 I think it is a "must have" and costs 32k in Delhi for a set of 4 in exchange for stock steel rims. ( The VIP cars delivered exception to regular list get 5 alloys for the same price!..dont wish to start another topic here)
You may find it difficult to believe but above 2 points made me rethink my black W8 I initially booked, which later cancelled and chose W6 with these
the day I saw a sliver display W6 shod with them in the other showroom.
In a way alloys motivated me to gravitate from higher end to lower end model (saving 1.25 Lacs as a bonus as it all started to make sense)

Tyres:

I have JK tyres in stock and I chose to retain them. Aftermarket Michelin Energy XM+1 for the same spec retails at 18k per tyre :Shockked: at michelin showroom in sector 14 gurgaon , though ride would be amazingly better since they are shod on my Verna (CRDI sx abs )and Indica turbo (at 4.5k per tyre), but in this case I wish to fully deplete these tyres and save for replacement which would cost around 72k.
Regards

Guys,

do we have more options becoming avialable for XUV 500 W6 owners!!
I'm looking out for one. M&M has got the only option available at this point in time it seems, the super sporty alloy was the only option M&M had. Has anyone got the regular alloys (one comes with W8) from M&M. If I dont get a decent choice I'm planning to go for regular one, but need to know the cost, heard from one dealer that it costs around 75K which I decided not to argue, that was either the truth I didnt know or was below the standard at which I usually argue :)
Seriously looking for the alloy option, lost one of the wheel caps during my last trip and dont want to spend ~800Rs when I know I'm ultimately going to go with the alloys.

Thank you.

Been looking for a set for my W6 too and as Joy mentioned, nothing that's love at first sight. Plus, a bigger problem, I recently discovered is that 255/60's on a 17 x 8JJ Rim with 0 offset, foul with the bodywork and the default 235/65's look way too skinny, defeating half the purpose of the alloys.

A local dealer does have a mouth-watering selection of rims for the XUV in 20 inch, and most of them are AWESOME, but again, can't find an appropriate tyre and 20" seems like overkill.

What to do :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmirchia (Post 2837082)
Been looking for a set for my W6 too and as Joy mentioned, nothing that's love at first sight. Plus, a bigger problem, I recently discovered is that 255/60's on a 17 x 8JJ Rim with 0 offset, foul with the bodywork and the default 235/65's look way too skinny, defeating half the purpose of the alloys.

A local dealer does have a mouth-watering selection of rims for the XUV in 20 inch, and most of them are AWESOME, but again, can't find an appropriate tyre and 20" seems like overkill.

What to do :Frustrati

Have you tried looking here

Pickedup mine from them and the service provided was fairly good. They were definitely cheaper and had better choice available. Since you are closer you should probably drive down and check them out personally.

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by o.D (Post 2837235)

Pickedup mine from them and the service provided was fairly good. They were definitely cheaper and had better choice available. Since you are closer you should probably drive down and check them out personally.

Cheers

I did see the website and I've been to the store but I was looking for Chrome in the last design on the page which they did not have. Besides, I felt they have a horrible service base, I commented upon the same on their facebook page as well.
Ah, well, the search continues.

Quote:

Originally Posted by o.D (Post 2837235)

Cheers

o.D you have picked alloy wheels for xuv 5oo or for some other car? If its for xuv 5oo can you please post xuv 500 alloy wheels images?:)

Quote:

Originally Posted by bp74 (Post 2852808)
o.D you have picked alloy wheels for xuv 5oo or for some other car? If its for xuv 5oo can you please post xuv 500 alloy wheels images?:)

Yes bought them for the XUV5oo. I've posted a few them earlier and here are some from earlier this week.

Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-xuv5oo1.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-xuv5oo2.jpg
Mahindra XUV500 : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-xuv5oo3.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by princey (Post 2855087)
Congrats on the wheels.
These are one of the best alloys I have seen on a XUV.
Could you please share the make and price of the alloys too.

Thanks and they are HRS alloys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by o.D (Post 2859538)
Yes bought them for the XUV5oo. I've posted a few them earlier and here are some from earlier this week.

Attachment 964263
Attachment 964264
Attachment 964265

Thanks and they are HRS alloys.

Great looking alloys. Where did you pick them up. I am also on the look out for alloys for my XUV.

FundaG

Quote:

Originally Posted by fundagenie (Post 2865596)
Great looking alloys. Where did you pick them up. I am also on the look out for alloys for my XUV.

FundaG

Details are here.

Try HotTracks they called saying that 3-4 design options are now available.

Cheers.

i am trying to put on 17 inch alloys on my thar but am not finding the 235/70 tire i wish to put can any one help me out here

Friends,

I will be getting the delivery of my XUV5OO W6 model within the next couple of days. On inquiring about the OEM tyres, I got to know that the car might be shod with JK ELANZO NXT Tubeless tyres. I don't think I would be happy using JK tyres, so I would like to change them to Bridgestones DUELER D684 or Hankook DYNAPRO HP RA23.

The best deal that I am getting is an exchange price of 4K per tyre on Hankook with 3 years warranty & Bridgestone would cost me around 5.5K per tyre. I plan to change only 4. Please suggest if Hankook tyres are good enough for our roads & for XUV or should I only go for Bridgestones.

I would be replacing the steel wheels with 8J size alloys which I have already bought from Sai Mag Wheels.

Please suggest.

forbhaskarm,

Can u pls upload a photo or 2 of your XUV with these Alloys please?
My vehicle is supposed to be delivered in a couple of days too. And it is a W6 and hence planning on a similar Alloy fitment.