Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 25th February 2012, 10:46   #16
BANNED

re: Replaced No-name alloy wheel nuts with Gorilla wheel nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I got a similar set when I swapped my Accent's steel rims with 13 X 5.5J Plati alloys 2 weeks ago. Cost me 1200 INR for 16 nuts and the key.
Can you post a pic of your wheel nuts and its key?
I need to buy an additional spare key. If this set is the same as the one i've got then i rather buy a whole set from Blore than just import the key.
Old 26th February 2012, 22:20   #17
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sankar View Post
Can you post a pic of your wheel nuts and its key?
I need to buy an additional spare key. If this set is the same as the one i've got then i rather buy a whole set from Blore than just import the key.

Sure, but I'll only be able to post it on Saturday, since I'll be out of town this week. Hope that's ok.
Old 27th February 2012, 06:10   #18

Quote:
I had NeoWheels Axis alloys on my car for a while and i decided to change them to a design which looks good and are easier to clean. So bought a set of Apollo Accelere wheels which is much easier to clean than my previous set.

With this change came a problem, the stock wheel nuts which i was using with Neo alloys wouldn't fit with these accelere wheels. There wasn't enough space for the box wrench to go in.

Sankar, IIRC, Apollo themselves used to supply the wheel nuts as well, at least till a year and a half ago. Did you not check with the dealer where you bought the wheels?
Old 27th February 2012, 07:48   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Sure, but I'll only be able to post it on Saturday, since I'll be out of town this week. Hope that's ok.
Sure, its ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphavictor View Post
Sankar, IIRC, Apollo themselves used to supply the wheel nuts as well, at least till a year and a half ago. Did you not check with the dealer where you bought the wheels?
No i wasn't aware of this so i never checked it with the dealer. When he saw that the OE wheel nuts wouldn't fit the new alloys he didn't suggest any but the no-name wheel nuts.
Old 5th March 2012, 13:44   #20
Team-BHP Support

@Sankar:

Close-up of installed nut

Replaced No-name alloy wheel nuts with Gorilla wheel nuts-04032012347.jpg

This is how the nut and key look

Replaced No-name alloy wheel nuts with Gorilla wheel nuts-04032012354.jpg

The nut has the size engraved on it, but there's no branding on the nut/key. I did see other packages with Wepro branding at the store, which seems to be a Taiwanese brand.

Uniauto Inc.

I got them from Hercules Tyres (Mysore Road.)

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 5th March 2012 at 13:46.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 10:12   #21
BANNED

Quote:
@Sankar:

The nut has the size engraved on it, but there's no branding on the nut/key. I did see other packages with Wepro branding at the store, which seems to be a Taiwanese brand.

Uniauto Inc.

I got them from Hercules Tyres (Mysore Road.)
Thanks Chetan. It looks like the key would match the Gorilla ones too. The spacing and the number of ridges looks very similar.
Old 25th March 2012, 17:17   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Chetan. It looks like the key would match the Gorilla ones too. The spacing and the number of ridges looks very similar.
I am planning to order the Gorilla wheel nuts for Lenso Samurai SC01 in 108 PCD configuration. I am not sure if the 12mmx1.25 would fit them.

Is there a way to check if they fit on the wheels that I have already!?
Old 25th March 2012, 20:58   #23
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I am planning to order the Gorilla wheel nuts for Lenso Samurai SC01 in 108 PCD configuration. I am not sure if the 12mmx1.25 would fit them.

Is there a way to check if they fit on the wheels that I have already!?
If you have the local hex type lug nut on the car it would already have the measurements punched on it. Check it. Else google and try to find out size or if there is a friendly tyreshop you can go there and find out the size by trying it on.

Also most aftermarket wheels have conical lug nut seating, so buy the cone seat type.
Sankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2012, 11:01   #24
BHPian

I have a swift vxi and am royally tired of changing the nuts due to rusting every year.

are these ( gorilla / any other make ) nuts available in Bangalore Tyre shops? if so, i'd like to pick them up for the swift.

could one of you please provide some contact details and I will try to source them?

thanks!
Old 26th March 2012, 11:29   #25
BHPian

Does anyone have info as to which spec lug nuts are used in 800 ?
i have alloys on my car and the lug nuts have lost there chrome and started with little bit of rusting would be interested to get it for my car.
Old 26th March 2012, 11:57   #26
Team-BHP Support

I recently got new alloys. Due to narrow opening, the tire spanner would not fit. So I just bought a new L type spanner with detachable head(the kind which tire shops use), and it works fine. Why go for a change of nuts?
Won't this cause problem in service etc., when they need to remove the wheels?
Old 26th March 2012, 12:44   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you have the local hex type lug nut on the car it would already have the measurements punched on it. Check it. Else google and try to find out size or if there is a friendly tyreshop you can go there and find out the size by trying it on.

Also most aftermarket wheels have conical lug nut seating, so buy the cone seat type.
The wheel nuts that I currently have dont have any measurements punched on it. The confusion was because of the technician who was not aware how to install non-OE wheels to the car since the owner was away and in all this mess I forgot to ask him the spec of the wheel nuts used.

Yes, its a conical lug nut seating on the alloys. I think so I will have to go back to the tire shop and find out the spec of the wheel nuts used.

Thanks Sankar!
Old 26th March 2012, 13:11   #28
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinpatel View Post
Does anyone have info as to which spec lug nuts are used in 800 ?
i have alloys on my car and the lug nuts have lost there chrome and started with little bit of rusting would be interested to get it for my car.
It would be 12x1.25 most probably for M800.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
The wheel nuts that I currently have dont have any measurements punched on it. The confusion was because of the technician who was not aware how to install non-OE wheels to the car since the owner was away and in all this mess I forgot to ask him the spec of the wheel nuts used.

Yes, its a conical lug nut seating on the alloys. I think so I will have to go back to the tire shop and find out the spec of the wheel nuts used.

Thanks Sankar!
Its for a Ford Fiesta isn't it? So i think the size might be 12x1.5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I recently got new alloys. Due to narrow opening, the tire spanner would not fit. So I just bought a new L type spanner with detachable head(the kind which tire shops use), and it works fine. Why go for a change of nuts?
Won't this cause problem in service etc., when they need to remove the wheels?
Gave the car to MASS twice after this Gorilla nut installation, both times i made it a point to give the lug nut key in the hands of the SA and while taking delivery i asked him for the key and he showed me where he had kept it in the cae after use. Worked fine both times.

The detachable box head didn't fit in the gap, tried it thats why i had to opt for the alternate nuts.

There is another type of lug nut available in which the surface of the nut can be gripped by a regular box wrench. Its made in such a way that the threads are of the right OE size but the nut OD is one size smaller so that a smaller box could be used which will in turn fit in the narrow gap.
Old 30th November 2012, 13:59   #29
BHPian

Hi Sankar,
Any idea of the Swift nut thread sizes?

thanks!
Old 30th November 2012, 14:12   #30
BANNED

The quintessential question? Safer, but if you lose or misplace the special nut adapter you may be in serious trouble.

Most Viewed