Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th May 2013, 15:58   #256
Senior - BHPian

re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

I inquired about rates of XM2s in Hyderabad for my Fiesta (185/65/14) and got a quote of Rs 4700 per tire, including WA/ WB and Nitrogen filling.

But the dampener is that there are no tires anywhere in Hyd of 2013 make. What is in stock seems to be of July or August 2012 vintage. And it appears the Michelin dealer will not order for 2013 stock till the 2012 stock is over.

This being the case, I am exploring other options like Continentals.
Old 7th May 2013, 17:59   #257
BHPian

One more member to join the Michelin camp.
Changed tyres on my Palio Stile to XM2 - 185/70/R13. I see an immediate significant difference in the road noise compared to my old stock Goodyear GPS2. Ride is much softer and quieter, hope the tyres are durable as well.
Old 9th May 2013, 18:25   #258
Senior - BHPian

Recently drove 2750 kms over a period of 4 days in my loaded to the gills Marina shod with XM2. The roads varied from Blacktops to concrete to no roads to pebbled ones and the tyres held great. Mine are about 10000 kms old now. One thing I noticed was that they are noisy. The sound varies depending upon the road surface with maximum being on concrete tops. But overall I am very happy with their performance.
Old 9th May 2013, 18:32   #259
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by badri View Post
I have been using the XM2 on my Innova for close to 10000Kms now and 'am very happy with the choice. There is an increase in fuel efficiency ( about 1kmpl) and the ride quality is very good.
Thats very interesting! How many kms on the Bridgestones when they were replaced?
Old 9th May 2013, 19:52   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower View Post
Thats very interesting! How many kms on the Bridgestones when they were replaced?
The Bridgestones had done 70k kms when I replaced them. The tyres still had decent thread. However, there were some minor surface cracks in the sidewall and I decided to change them.

Regarding fuel efficiency, I get about 11 in Bangalore city with XM2s ( a little lesser in summer). It used to be around 10-10.5 earlier. On the highway, I get around 12.5 now. With the older tyres it was 11-11.5.
Old 13th May 2013, 00:18   #261

Hi Prashkul,
I am upgrading to XM2 - 185/70/R13 as well. Just wanted to find out where in Blore did you purchase & how much did you pay for them?
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashkul View Post
One more member to join the Michelin camp.
Changed tyres on my Palio Stile to XM2 - 185/70/R13. I see an immediate significant difference in the road noise compared to my old stock Goodyear GPS2. Ride is much softer and quieter, hope the tyres are durable as well.
Old 13th May 2013, 10:04   #262
Senior - BHPian

A neighbor of mine has recently joined the Michelin tyre unit in Chennai, expected to commence production in a few months. He is in a fairly senior position on the production side, and informs me they are being paid for the past couple of months just to learn French daily! A group, including him visited their factory in Thailand for a week's training recently.

Though they will start with truck tyres initially, he says car tyres will also be produced here after a while. So hopefully in the future, any queries you guys have, I might be able to get the answer from the horse's mouth!

Last edited by moralfibre : 16th May 2013 at 13:54.
Gansan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th May 2013, 11:30   #263
BHPian

Installed Michelin XM2 175/70 R13 tires on our i10 a month ago, has made a big difference compared to the original MRF ZEC 155/80 R13 tires, much quieter and more grip as well!
Old 15th May 2013, 14:43   #264
BHPian

My stock Michelins XM1+ has done 49000 kms now. There is still 1.5mm thread depth left.

However, recently I had 3 punctures in quick successions in 3 out of the 4 tyres.

Does the punctures reduce the durablity ? Should i go for change ? The puncture guys says can continue for more 5K kms.

My choice is XM2 which seems to be obviously better than the earlier XM1+.

I just love the grip of the Michelins, just sticks to the road.

Cheers
MKP
Old 16th May 2013, 00:29   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post
My stock Michelins XM1+ has done 49000 kms now. There is still 1.5mm thread depth left.

However, recently I had 3 punctures in quick successions in 3 out of the 4 tyres.

Does the punctures reduce the durablity ? Should i go for change ? The puncture guys says can continue for more 5K kms.

Cheers
MKP
I would recommend a change in tyres. You could of course run them some more and get some more life out of them. For me once tyres start getting punctures it's a reliability issue and the last thing I want to do is fix a flat in the middle of nowhere. 49K is plenty of life already and I think you've got your money's worth.
Old 16th May 2013, 10:46   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stopOKgo View Post
Hi Prashkul,
I am upgrading to XM2 - 185/70/R13 as well. Just wanted to find out where in Blore did you purchase & how much did you pay for them?
Thanks
I got it done at Madhus Enterprises on Langford Road. Wheel balancing was done using Road-force balancer, and wheel alignment was also done.
Old 16th May 2013, 12:43   #267
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpiyengar View Post

Cheers
MKP
3 punctures in 3 tyres is fine as long as it was not all in the same wheel.

It is really a case of do you wish to pamper yourself with a fresh drive or can manage for another 5000 kms.

XM2 would be good for your usage. The Puncher guys though will make more money from you with you using an older tyre. But you too do save money in the longer term.

At 40,000 kms I would have advised that you stick to your existing tyres for some more kms. At 50,000 kms you can give yourself a treat though.

Last edited by ACM : 16th May 2013 at 12:45.
Old 16th May 2013, 13:07   #268
BHPian

After using the XM2 for sometime now, I feel that the design of the tread is a real stone magnet. I mean, I find a lot more tiny pebbles stuck on the tyres then I've ever had. I don't know whether it's the tyres or its me who's been driving over pebbles a lot more.

Apart from this, all's good.
Old 16th May 2013, 13:21   #269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gansan View Post

A neighbor of mine has recently joined the Michelin tyre unit in Chennai, expected to commence production in a few months. He is in a fairly senior person on the production side, and informs me they are being paid for the past couple of months just to learn French daily! A group, including him visited their factory in Thailand for a week's training recently.

Though they will start with truck tyres initially, he says car tyres will also be produced here after a while. So hopefully in the future, any queries you guys have, I might be able to get the answer from the horse's mouth!
That's a good news, will for sure have questions for him in the near future.

BTW, I had done 2.5K kms in my Waggy with the XM2 and find a considerable improvement in handling and stability.
Old 23rd May 2013, 16:46   #270
BHPian

Having been enlightened by fellow members on the need and benefits of going in for a tyre upgrade over stock tyres, I too went for an upgrade for my brand new Amaze. The stock tyres were MRF 175/65 R14. I went in for Michelin Energy XM2 185/65 R14 and am very pleased with the results. The ride is a lot smoother and much more comfortable. the road grip and braking also has improved. The dealer (Discovery tyres, Borivali East) quoted Rs 4500 per tyre and I paid Rs 6000 net for 4 tyres, after trading in the stock MRF tyres. Money well spent!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks