Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th March 2012, 08:44   #16
BANNED

re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Oh! No 195/60 R15. Too bad.
I understand that 195/60/15 and 185/60/15 (Rapid and Vento sizes) will be released in 2-3 months. These sizes in XM2 are available in other countries (Australia etc) so it's not a non standard size (especially 185/60/15) for Michelin. So let's just sit back and wait for it (am waiting for it too )
Old 6th March 2012, 09:20   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
I understand that 195/60/15 and 185/60/15 (Rapid and Vento sizes) will be released in 2-3 months.
The XM1+ was not available in that size, so I am a bit skeptical. But I really hope that you're right. I don't like the P LC.
Old 6th March 2012, 10:07   #18
BHPian

Installed on my Swift Vdi, Set of 4 cost me 19000/- with balancing at saifee mumbai. The size is 185/70/R14, I insisted on XM1, but the dealer knows me very well and literally forced me to install XM2 saying that they are newer, better and if anything goes wrong he will replace them. The difference in XM1 and XM2 was mere 400 rupees i.e. 100/tyre.
tazmaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2012, 10:13   #19
BANNED

Quote:
The XM1+ was not available in that size, so I am a bit skeptical. But I really hope that you're right. I don't like the P LC.
The source of the information is Michelin India but as is the case with anything corporate, it's done only when it is done and not when it's planned.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:26   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan
Installed on my Swift Vdi, Set of 4 cost me 19000/- with balancing at saifee mumbai. The size is 185/70/R14, I insisted on XM1, but the dealer knows me very well and literally forced me to install XM2 saying that they are newer, better and if anything goes wrong he will replace them. The difference in XM1 and XM2 was mere 400 rupees i.e. 100/tyre.
Can you post some pics of the sidewall and tread?
Old 6th March 2012, 13:33   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Official launch is on 17th evening at Bombay. Will post more details as and when released.

But to be honest, the only thing that matters is how it performs. And no amount of pics can tell us. We need to wait for the "early adopters" to try them and report back here.
Old 6th March 2012, 21:31   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Official launch is on 17th evening at Bombay. Will post more details as and when released.

But to be honest, the only thing that matters is how it performs. And no amount of pics can tell us. We need to wait for the "early adopters" to try them and report back here.
Nikhil, the first mover initiative had its shares of fears and all but just decided to go ahead after assurances from Atul & Jitesh. The stories of initial XM1 (or XM1+) issues were striking my mind time & again but yes, I also had a Santro with XM1+ which had been driven by me on the bad roads with no damage.

Nikhil, I'm not as experienced in testing tyres and writing reviews as you're (You covered Z.L.O. amazingly) but then I did experiment with Braking and Cornering today. Braking is excellent compared to Stock Apollos, I need to say that the tyres are responsive. In the limited opportunities of high-speed cornering today the car remained planted but I would still like to elaborate on this in few days time.
tsk13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 09:12   #23
Distinguished - BHPian

TSK, you dont need to be experienced or anything. The fact is most people dont push the tyres to even 75% of their potential!

So, we'll be very glad to hear of your real world usage! That is the most important thing. And you as one of the early adopters have explained your experience very well! Thank you and I look forward to more updates!
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 09:33   #24
BHPian

Quote:
I agree. I have searched all dealers in Calcutta for 185X60X14 sized XM1+ tyres this week but did not get it anywhere. And ultimately had to settle for two 175X65X14 ones for the front wheels of my Tata Indigo (Petrol) car.
Old 7th March 2012, 10:09   #25
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk13 View Post
the first mover initiative had its shares of fears
You really don't need to have any fears as these tyres have been extensively tested (over 51000 kms) by Germany's Technical Motoring Association - Technishcer Uberwachungs Verein or TUV as it is more commonly known as and rated better than XM2 in all parameters.
So you should have a great time with them
VeyronSuperSprt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2012, 14:04   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
TSK, you dont need to be experienced or anything. The fact is most people dont push the tyres to even 75% of their potential!

So, we'll be very glad to hear of your real world usage! That is the most important thing. And you as one of the early adopters have explained your experience very well! Thank you and I look forward to more updates!
Thanks a lot Nikhil, your encouragement means a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeyronSuperSprt View Post
You really don't need to have any fears as these tyres have been extensively tested (over 51000 kms) by Germany's Technical Motoring Association - Technishcer Uberwachungs Verein or TUV as it is more commonly known as and rated better than XM2 in all parameters.
So you should have a great time with them
Thanks VeyronSuperSprt, this piece of information is indeed very assuring.

XM2's cornering abilities are exceptional, tested them on Ring Road Bye-Pass today (Road from ITO to Kashmere Gate flyover). Max-to-max I corner at 60km/h or so and the tyres maintained their grip on the road. The said road has 5 lanes or more and provides 3 turns where you can corner at high speeds easily, one of these turns also has variation in road level which can easily make a light vehicle being driven at high speeds lose contact with the road. At this particular turn, I cornered at about 60 km/h and even after crossing the variation point in road-level, the car remained firmly planted.

As of now, the experience is amazing - No Complaints!
tsk13 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2012, 20:23   #27
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Now launched in India. Highpoints

- Michelin Energy XM2 offers a match of fuel saving, safety and longevity.

- Designed specifically for compact and mid-sized passenger vehicles, the XM2 targets the mass market in India. Compared to the previous generation Michelin Energy tyre, the new XM2 uses less fuel thanks to an 8% reduction in rolling resistance, lasts up to 15% longer (fewer tyre replacements) and stops 1.7m shorter.

- The XM2 will be available in sizes ranging from 12 to 15 inches, with prices ranging from Rs. 2475 up to Rs. 6075.

Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-michelin.png
GTO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 22:19   #28
Senior - BHPian

I ahve got Apollo Accelere put in today (175/70/14) on my Indigo Marina but if given an option to change to XM2+ (185/65/14) does it make sense? I shall be paying @900 per tire more, just for perspective. Is it worth?
Old 21st March 2012, 22:39   #29
BHPian

Does anyone know if these new XM2 tyres are also made ib China as the older versions were?

SS
Old 22nd March 2012, 22:41   #30
Senior - BHPian

I've covered more than 1,000 kms on XM2. Extremely Satisfied - Grip, Noise and Cornering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Does anyone know if these new XM2 tyres are also made ib China as the older versions were?

SS
XM2's in India are imported from Thailand. Anyhow, whenever you buy Michelin/ Yoko/ Conti, just make sure to cross check from the company if the dealer is authorized or not because there are many Grey Market imports, which are not 'Made for India'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks