Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 13:21   #391
BHPian

Re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Michelin 195/60/R15 XM2 is now available , thank you Michelin!!!
Old 22nd November 2013, 21:15   #392

I have got a quote of Rs. 3000 for XM2 145/80R 12 for my alto. Is it okay at this price? Or is Bridgestone Turanza ER60 quoted for Rs. 2900 more suitable for our roads? I am a frequent highway traveller.
Old 23rd November 2013, 00:50   #393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bskumar View Post
I have got a quote of Rs. 3000 for XM2 145/80R 12 for my alto. Is it okay at this price? Or is Bridgestone Turanza ER60 quoted for Rs. 2900 more suitable for our roads? I am a frequent highway traveller.
Just 3 weeks back i got Michelin XM2 155/65 R13 spec. tyre installed on my Wagon R for Rs. 3700 per tyre. I guess your quote of Rs 3000 for alto is quite reasonable. A quick feedback i would like to provide for the readers on my new tyres:

1. After Michelin XM2 was installed fuel efficiency has improved drastically

2. the infamous body roll issue after speeds beyond 80 kmph of Wagon R due to it's tall boy stature has surprisingly disappeared. The body roll is almost nil now if i accelerate above 80 kmph and the tyres have more grip on the tarmac - Tested this recently during my drive between Bangalore and Chikmagalur

Right now loving every moment of my drive on Michelin XM2
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:23   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazybrain View Post
Just 3 weeks back i got Michelin XM2 155/65 R13 spec. tyre installed on my Wagon R for Rs. 3700 per tyre. I guess your quote of Rs 3000 for alto is quite reasonable. A quick feedback i would like to provide for the readers on my new tyres:

1. After Michelin XM2 was installed fuel efficiency has improved drastically

2. the infamous body roll issue after speeds beyond 80 kmph of Wagon R due to it's tall boy stature has surprisingly disappeared. The body roll is almost nil now if i accelerate above 80 kmph and the tyres have more grip on the tarmac - Tested this recently during my drive between Bangalore and Chikmagalur

Right now loving every moment of my drive on Michelin XM2

Hi Lazybrain

Can you post the F.E. figures before tyre and after change?
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:33   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhav View Post
Hi Lazybrain

Can you post the F.E. figures before tyre and after change?
In city limits it was 9 kmpl. After tyre change it is now almost 12 kmpl

On the highway it was 17 kmpl (without AC ON). After tyre change it is now almost 20 kmpl (without AC ON)

Mind you my car is 7 years old now

EDIT: MY FE figures are now almost like the same when i bought the car. Back in 2006, my car in city limits gave me FE of 14 kmpl and on highways 21 kmpl!

Last edited by lazybrain : 23rd November 2013 at 23:36.
lazybrain is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:49   #396
BHPian

Quote:
In city limits it was 9 kmpl. After tyre change it is now almost 12 kmpl

On the highway it was 17 kmpl (without AC ON). After tyre change it is now almost 20 kmpl (without AC ON)

Mind you my car is 7 years old now

EDIT: MY FE figures are now almost like the same when i bought the car. Back in 2006, my car in city limits gave me FE of 14 kmpl and on highways 21 kmpl!
That's quiet an improvement.
No one would expect such an improvement after changing tyres, infact one would expect the F.E. figures will drop with a tyre change

Can someone explain such a drastic improvement with change of tyres

I have a Fiat Petra Petrol which is 9 years old and F.E. is cause of worry for me

after reading your post it makes sense for me to change the tyres ASAP

Drive Safe
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:49   #397
Distinguished - BHPian

Now I have 4 punctures after 23K Kms on XM2. So, am i unlucky here or is it due to the XM2 tyre nature? My previous JKs went out with just 2 punctures during its 48K Kms.

One positive about these punctures were, the air leakage was very less(approx 1 point per day) and hence I was not stranded in between any of my drives.

Note: My daily drive includes 6Kms of very bad stretch.
Old 23rd November 2013, 23:58   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikhav View Post
That's quiet an improvement.
No one would expect such an improvement after changing tyres, infact one would expect the F.E. figures will drop with a tyre change
This is not the first change of my car tyres. My car's stock tyres were JK steel (tubed) which lasted almost 35000 kms. The first change was Goodyear Duraplus tubeless. The tyre used to give me extremely bumpy driving experience and the FE also remained the same more or less. But it lasted almost 40000 kms.

I am not bothered much about FE since it is 7 years old car now but i was worried about body roll issues that Wagon R naturally has. I am impressed with Michelin XM2 particularly in terms of body roll issues disappearing. Now i can feel more road grip that i never felt from the day i am driving my wagon R, which makes me feel more happy
lazybrain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2013, 00:01   #399
BHPian

Quote:
This is not the first change of my car tyres. My car's stock tyres were JK steel (tubed) which lasted almost 35000 kms. The first change was Goodyear Duraplus tubeless. The tyre used to give me extremely bumpy driving experience and the FE also remained the same more or less. But it lasted almost 40000 kms.

I am not bothered much about FE since it is 7 years old car now but i was worried about body roll issues that Wagon R naturally has. I am impressed with Michelin XM2 particularly in terms of body roll issues disappearing. Now i can feel more road grip that i never felt from the day i am driving my wagon R, which makes me feel more happy
That's quiet good

Because I always thought somewhere traction and grip would be compromised for lesser rolling resistence

Your experience proves that the XM2 has good grip with lesser rolling resistance
Old 24th November 2013, 00:28   #400
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Now I have 4 punctures after 23K Kms on XM2. So, am i unlucky here or is it due to the XM2 tyre nature? My previous JKs went out with just 2 punctures during its 48K Kms.
IMO tyres play limited role with no. of punctures. it is more to do with nature or condition of road you drive most of the time, unless it is AT tyre used for off roading!!
Old 24th November 2013, 10:39   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
IMO tyres play limited role with no. of punctures. it is more to do with nature or condition of road you drive most of the time, unless it is AT tyre used for off roading!!
I agree with you. After all it a contest between the pointed steel nail or screw on the road with you tyre tread and plies. The stronger of the two is generally the former. Thus it is luck and road condition (number of nails on the road) that determines tyre puncture. But this does not apply to sidewall cuts.
Old 24th November 2013, 11:00   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

One positive about these punctures were, the air leakage was very less(approx 1 point per day) and hence I was not stranded in between any of my drives.

Note: My daily drive includes 6Kms of very bad stretch.
This is the only grudge I have with my XM2.
In just 1 year/15000KM, the tyres got punctured twice that too when my driving route includes normal indian roads. (Few potholes here & there).
While my previous GoodYear got punctured only once in 45000KM on the same roads.
Old 27th November 2013, 01:21   #403
BHPian

What is the latest price of XM2 185/65/R14 per tyre?
Old 28th November 2013, 10:39   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

It is around 5000 per tyre in Bangalore. Give or take a hundred bucks.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 14:26   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
It is around 5000 per tyre in Bangalore. Give or take a hundred bucks.
I have received a quote of 4800/tyre for XM2 at Cochin, guess I should go with it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks