Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 18th October 2020, 10:38   #856
BHPian

Default Re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

In the dimension 195/55 R16 (for Hyundai Verna diesel 1.6), which of the Michelins will be advisable -- XM2 or P4ST? Both are available in this size (as per website), but while XM 2 shows 87 V, P4ST shows 91 V (in the load rating).

How do they actually compare? P4ST is a little costlier than XM2.
Old 18th October 2020, 10:49   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
In the dimension 195/55 R16 (for Hyundai Verna diesel 1.6), which of the Michelins will be advisable -- XM2 or P4ST? Both are available in this size (as per website), but while XM 2 shows 87 V, P4ST shows 91 V (in the load rating).

XM2+ has been launched at the end of last year. On highways P4ST should be better to XM2+ in terms of lower noise levels, also it should look better as well. Michelin says XM2+ is also tuned for low noise and comfort. Do not consider XM2, it has old compound. XM2+ has new rubber compound as that of P4ST. To be frank it is hard to compare both these tyres other than going by what the manufacturer claims, you will not go wrong with the either.

Last edited by CliffHanger : 18th October 2020 at 10:52.
Old 18th October 2020, 10:58   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
XM2+ has been launched at the end of last year. On highways P4ST should be better to XM2+ in terms of lower noise levels, also it should look better as well. it is hard to compare both these tyres other than going by what the manufacturer claims, you will not go wrong with the either.
Thanks! And especially for inputs on XM2+. So, then it depends on the differences in price. And also on the car, as to how much connected its steering and mechanism are with the road surface.
Old 18th October 2020, 13:39   #859
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post

P4ST is a superior tyre. It's like comparing Hyundai Venue with Hyundai Creta
anb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 14:20   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anb View Post
The 91 V load/speed rating (of P4ST) is one technical difference I have noted. So, the quality is partly seen in this. But I was not sure of the material. The Ecopias I have at present are supposedly of 87 V. I do take the car on long highway drives whenever there is an opportunity (and funds, of course). I have been thinking I could go for either Yokohama Earth 1 (or S Drive) or one of the Michelins. Wanted to know the difference between the two Michelins as part of that. You have put it in the correct perspective 😀.

Thanks!
Old 18th October 2020, 21:24   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Not the right comparison. Unlike Venue and Creta, both the tyres are similarly priced for a particular size. Both serve different purpose, like running shoes, weight lifting shoes, etc, in this particular case, smaller cars, bigger cars, broken roads, mostly highways usage, etc. I have already mentioned what is new in XM2+. Depending upon your kind of usage and expectations, go to their website and choose the tyres accordingly.

Old 18th October 2020, 21:40   #862
anb
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffHanger View Post
. Depending upon your kind of usage and expectations, go to their website and choose the tyres accordingly.
Why the primacy tyres are listed as premium category and energy series as fuel efficiency orientated tyres in Michelin website ?
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-screenshot_20201018213227043_com.android.chrome.jpg  

Old 18th October 2020, 22:16   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_stripes View Post
My Michelin XM2 tires have developed some fine cracks and I am unsure if it is a cause of concern. Should I have them replaced?
Sorry to ask, did you see the manufactuing dates at the time of buying? What are the manufacturing date? Just curious, as with my previous car the XM2s lasted for over 75000+KMs, before I sold my car. With my present car it is running magnificently for over 35000+ KMs now.
Old 18th October 2020, 22:34   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Why the primacy tyres are listed as premium category and energy series as fuel efficiency orientated tyres in Michelin website ?
XM2+ is the latest from Michelin and the successor to the successful XM2 but now uses the same rubber compound as in Primacy series, so can we call it a blend between Energy and Primacy. It is basically product line up evolving and overlapping with each other. As I said in my OP, one can go wrong with neither.

Most Viewed