Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th October 2015, 17:37   #631
BHPian

Re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Oops .. that's a bad one.
I suppose the tyre wasn't too old, no other option than to get a new one.

Tyre looks fine and deal is good too, but how does warranty work for such purchase. Does Snapdeal offer one?
Also, how did you get them installed .. any charges?
Installation is included in the purchase but you need to call a number (toll free) then schedule the tyre installation. Did not go for, had it done at the local tyre shop since I wanted alignment & balancing also done as I changed all the 4 tyres.
For the warranty, one needs to register with Michlellin (1800-103-6424) & quote the tyre serial no. Am pretty confident on this one, since have just run 50K KMS on my old set(XM1) before this replacement
But yes, there is a risk ith buying tyres over snapdeal compared to your local dealer, where you can see, check the tyres before installation & haul him up in case of any warranty issue.
goswami.j is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 17:55   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
Installation is included ..
The overall process looks good.

Quote:
But yes, there is a risk ith buying tyres over snapdeal compared ...
I believe damages or manufacturing defects would be fine to handle if they happen (though they require some time here).

The main concern we keep seeing is how new/old tyres are that get delivered to your doorstep.
As a consumer I would prefer getting the latest, but from seller's point of view the warranty period is large enough to take care of even a year old stock.
Old 5th November 2015, 14:21   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goswami.j View Post
For the warranty, one needs to register with Michlellin (1800-103-6424) & quote the tyre serial no. ...
Hey .. we were just discussing about this and looked at Michelin warranty details - Michelin Warranty, and particularly Michelin Unauthorised Dealer Policy in there.
It enumerates online sellers (and a few others) as unauthorized, did you get assurance contrary to this?
Old 6th November 2015, 20:16   #634
BHPian

Purchased four Michelin tyres (175x65x14) yesterday from M/s M. D. Tradelink Pvt . Ltd.. For four tyres I had to pay Rs 16800/-. The old tyres (two XM1+ and two XM2) lasted for over 60,000 KM.
Old 11th November 2015, 09:28   #635
BHPian

I had replaced stock tyres for my Liva with XM2 recently (July 26th) and yesterday I had a 'sidewall' puncture on one of my tyre (front left). I need some suggestions from the members on what i need to do next:

1) As I had brought only 4 new tyres at that time, yesterday I had to replace the punctured tyre with the 'old' tyre (from stepney).

2) The pucture happened on the side wall, hence the puncture repair guy told me not to use it further for regular usage and suggested me to use it as a stepney. But, if i do this, then i will be having 3 new tyres (barely 4 months old) and one old tyre (almost 4 years/55k kms old). I am not sure whether it is advisable to drive with this?

3) If I cannot drive with 3 new + 1 old tyre, and also cannot use the 'sidewall' punctured tyre, what is the option I am left with? Do i need to buy at least one more new tyre?

4) Can I claim a warranty for this punctured tyre, as this was not a regular puncture like nail or something?
kavensri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 09:58   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I had replaced stock tyres for my Liva with XM2 recently (July 26th) and yesterday I had a 'sidewall' puncture on one of my tyre (front left). I need some suggestions from the members on what i need to do next
It is unsafe to ride with a sidewall punctured tyre. Better to keep it as stepney and discard the current stepney as it has already done 55K.
And since your XM2's are just 4 months old, going for one new trye won't be an issue. No expert at this so let others pitch in too.
chinmaybaikar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 15:54   #637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chinmaybaikar View Post
It is unsafe to ride with a sidewall punctured tyre. Better to keep it as stepney and discard the current stepney as it has already done 55K.
And since your XM2's are just 4 months old, going for one new trye won't be an issue. No expert at this so let others pitch in too.
Purchased a new tyre to replace the old one. Dealer has taken the 'side wall' damaged tyre and I need to wait till a person from Michelin come and inspect it. So, I am keeping my fingers crossed and hoping that my request for the manufacturer warranty will be honored.
Old 16th November 2015, 12:28   #638
BHPian

Quote:
4) Can I claim a warranty for this punctured tyre, as this was not a regular puncture like nail or something?
Quote:
..Dealer has taken the 'side wall' damaged tyre and I need to wait till a person from Michelin come and inspect it. ...
Sidewall damage/puncture is usually not honored in warranty, unless it was crack that appeared itself.
What was the dealer's take on that .. they would mostly have done such claims in past and will know how company rep act?
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 12:36   #639
BHPian

From whatever the discussion that i have had with dealer so far, it is not encouraging. Company guys are yet to come and inspect the tyre. As you have mentioned, even dealer was talking in the same tone.
Now, my next question is, how safe is it to keep this as an stepney when compared to reasonable 'tread remaining' stock tyre? As mentioned in my earlier post, I have already purchased a new tyre (5th one). So, now the option remaining (in case company do not honour the warranty) with me is, either to keep the 'side wall damaged' tyre or 'stock tyre which is almost 4 years old'?
Old 16th November 2015, 12:55   #640
BHPian

Quote:
...So, now the option remaining (in case company do not honour the warranty) with me is, either to keep the 'side wall damaged' tyre or 'stock tyre which is almost 4 years old'?
I would not suggest keeping a dicey option as extra, since you only need it in times of distress and do not want it to fail.
You may want to have a few independent inspections done on it to gauge usability.

The stock spare tyre is generally not run for too long, so I would expect it to be say 4yrs (10K - much less rather than 55K) in life.
This should give you atleast another couple of years with this tyre.
deepv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2015, 13:13   #641
BHPian

Quote:
So, now the option remaining (in case company do not honour the warranty) with me is, either to keep the 'side wall damaged' tyre or 'stock tyre which is almost 4 years old'?
I suggest you buy a tube and use the side wall punctured one as the spare with a tube. It will definitely survive your next three to five years as a spare. This is one reason I got out of Michelins on my Qualis and went with Goodyear due to its so called Kevlar sidewall coating. I lost three Tyres to sidewall issues and decided no more Michelins for me...
Old 19th November 2015, 00:15   #642
BHPian

I have been using 3.5 years old Swift ZDi, which came with 185/65/R15 MRF ZVTV. Current odometer reading on stock tires is around 72000 kms, so for now car is driven sedately within 100 kph. I've been performing tyre rotation every 5000 kms without fail and maintained recommended air pressure of 32 F- 29 R. Even after this kind of mileage, barring few occasional punctures, cuts & bruises there is no uneven wear or sidewall damage, though local tyre repair guy says me to use it till 80k or until it hit TWI mark but I don't want to try my luck anymore.

Hence, I would like to try Michelin XM2 185/65/R15. Would you recommend XM2 considering car sees 50% city- 50% highway kind of roads ?
And is it advisable to get tires from snapdeal, as I am saving approx Rs. 1800- 2000 for set of 4 ?

Following pics are of my current MRF ZVTV.
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-img_20151118_082341665.jpg  

Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-img_20151118_082329375.jpg  

Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-img_20151118_082416428.jpg  

Old 19th November 2015, 07:47   #643
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniruddha_Ch View Post
I have been using 3.5 years old Swift ZDi, which came with 185/65/R15 MRF ZVTV. Current odometer reading on stock tires is around 72000 kms, so for now car is driven sedately within 100 kph.

Hence, I would like to try Michelin XM2 185/65/R15. Would you recommend XM2 considering car sees 50% city- 50% highway kind of roads ?
I drive the same car as you do but it is 1 year 11 months old with 61K on the odometer. The ZVTV lasted for 54K but still had thread for another 5-7K. I changed them as I wasn't sure of stretching them further.

I had an intermittent stint with ZLO but had to throw them away due to manufacturing defect. Learnt the hard way and now with Michelin XM2. Been 1000 kms with it and absolutely loving it.

My suggestion is go for the XM2 eyes closed but I'll suggest you to go for 195/60 R15 rather than 195/65 R15. The correct upgrade is 195/60 R15. You can check my thread for details.

Regarding purchase from Snapdeal, it is 50% risk as there is no assurance that the tyres will be of the same manufacturing period and what if there are issues with the tyre during warranty period? Would Michelin warrant it as they were bought online? I don't think Michelin accepts online purchases as per their warranty policy. Go to the best tyre dealer in your city or search through Michelin website for authorized dealer and buy them there.

Last edited by a4anurag : 19th November 2015 at 08:14.
Old 19th November 2015, 09:50   #644
BHPian

Quote:
And is it advisable to get tires from snapdeal, as I am saving approx Rs. 1800- 2000 for set of 4 ?
How do you know the manufacturing month/year if you are buying from SD? As Anurag mentioned there is a always a risk associated with online purchase when it comes to warranty. So, two things to consider:
1) If you can get the manufacturing month/year info from seller
2) If you are willing to take risk with the warranty thing.

Even when I had to replace the tyres for my Liva (couple of months back), it was always tempting for me to go with online purchase as the pricing was attractive. But, finally I had to buy in a hurry and left with no choice other than buing directly from dealer.
Old 19th November 2015, 11:06   #645
BHPian

Quote:
I would like to try Michelin XM2 185/65/R15. ...
As Anurag mentioned go with XM2 without doubt, I have also been using it for around 6 months / 5K kms and they have been doing well.

About going with any online dealers, there would be no warranty provided irrespective of what SD happen to say.
Check links in my post below for clear message from Michelin India.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
Hey .. we were just discussing about this and looked at Michelin warranty details - Michelin Warranty, and particularly Michelin Unauthorised Dealer Policy in there.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks