Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2017, 11:47   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry10 View Post
In that case they should be good for another 10k kms but do check this with a tyre guy. Everyone has a different driving style so can't be determined how tyres have been used and in what conditions.
Yes. I will do that. Also, my driving style is that of consuming more diesel, I have felt.
Old 2nd April 2017, 23:54   #722
BANNED

Re: Michelin XM2 Tyres in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by curios View Post
Planning for getting new XM2s for my Chevy Spark in a couple of days. Will be grateful for recommendations on a good dealer in Delhi/Ghaziabad who does the job well and at a competitive rate. Thanks.
Hey so did you get the XM2s for the Spark? I'm also about to get a new set of 165/65 R13, currently looking up the prices online.
Where did you finally get it done? and what was the landing price?
And btw do mention if you managed to get the other issues with your car fixed.

In case you want to check my share of spark problems do check on my ownership thread
Old 3rd April 2017, 14:27   #723
BHPian

Folks,

I'm planing to swap the stock JKs to Michelin Xm2 on my celerio ZXI. I was hoping to increase to 185 patch from the stock 165. I'm looking to change only for utility and not for style. I plan to put them on the stock wheel drums.

Can somebody share your experience and pictures of how it'd look in the wheel well of Celerio.

Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 00:59   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Hey so did you get the XM2s for the Spark? I'm also about to get a new set of 165/65 R13, currently looking up the prices online.
Where did you finally get it done? and what was the landing price?
And btw do mention if you managed to get the other issues with your car fixed.

In case you want to check my share of spark problems do check on my ownership thread
I still haven't. Part of the reason is that didn't find the listed Michelin authorised shops too enthused about the brand, and pushing other stuff or being plain indifferent. Last quote was Rs 3,600 at newly increased prices for older stocks. Decided then to put this on the backburner.

On the other issues, found a saviour in the Bosch service centre in Ghaziabad. Will share details shortly.
Old 6th April 2017, 01:26   #725
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by curios View Post
I still haven't. Part of the reason is that didn't find the listed Michelin authorised shops too enthused about the brand, and pushing other stuff or being plain indifferent. Last quote was Rs 3,600 at newly increased prices for older stocks. Decided then to put this on the backburner.

On the other issues, found a saviour in the Bosch service centre in Ghaziabad. Will share details shortly.
3600 doesn't look that bad. I got it to 3400 for the 165 section ones, but i have noticed its a much older stock. I got it from karol bagh.

Do update about the car on the other thread or my ownership thread.
Old 6th April 2017, 19:55   #726
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by no_boundaries View Post
.. I'm planing to swap the stock JKs to Michelin Xm2 on my celerio ZXI. I was hoping to increase to 185 patch from the stock 165. I'm looking to change only for utility and not for style. I plan to put them on the stock wheel drums.
Can somebody share your experience and pictures of how it'd look in the wheel well of Celerio...
We've upgraded to 185/65/R14 Michelin XM2s with alloys on our Celerio. Ride quality and handling have improved a lot(Covered about 9000KM so far). But, I'm not sure how well these would fit onto the stock drums.
Attached Thumbnails
Michelin XM2 Tyres in India-img_20160220_143644.jpg  

Old 7th April 2017, 10:46   #727
BHPian

I have XM2 185/65/R14 in my Figo. I have done 20K KMs in three years after the tyre change. The drive is very smooth as always. I have one observation during my Air fill last time. I am using Nitrogen all the time. Have filled Nitrogen before my Chennai to Hyderabad trip on February. I kept 31 PSI in all four tyres. Have done up and down of total 1600 KM (including 3 week stay in Hyderabad) and also another one month in Chennai with very less usage (around 500 KM).

When I went for refilling after the gap of 2 months and ~2000Km, I was expecting significant dip in the typre pressure. But to my surprise, the tyre pressure is around 31.5 psi in all the tyres (slight increase). It is the same shop I use for Nitrogen filling and I always take the car for filling as a first thing in morning (the place is less than 1 Km from house). Is it normal or could be problem with the Nitrogen filling machine?
r_devakumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 11:00   #728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
I have XM2 185/65/R14 in my Figo. I have done 20K KMs in three years after the tyre change. The drive is very smooth as always. I have one observation during my Air fill last time. I am using Nitrogen all the time. Have filled Nitrogen before my Chennai to Hyderabad trip on February. I kept 31 PSI in all four tyres. Have done up and down of total 1600 KM (including 3 week stay in Hyderabad) and also another one month in Chennai with very less usage (around 500 KM).

When I went for refilling after the gap of 2 months and ~2000Km, I was expecting significant dip in the typre pressure. But to my surprise, the tyre pressure is around 31.5 psi in all the tyres (slight increase). It is the same shop I use for Nitrogen filling and I always take the car for filling as a first thing in morning (the place is less than 1 Km from house). Is it normal or could be problem with the Nitrogen filling machine?
Hi Devakumar,

To not lose any pressure in 2000 kms is possible if you drive over good road conditions.
But slight increase in pressure is not possible, theoretically. (if all conditions are same as before)
However, please keep in mind that most air filling machines are not 100% precise.

So, if you don't observe anything abnormal visually or in terms of feel then you safely conclude this as normal and drive on.
kpzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 11:10   #729
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by r_devakumar View Post
When I went for refilling after the gap of 2 months and ~2000Km, I was expecting significant dip in the typre pressure. But to my surprise, the tyre pressure is around 31.5 psi in all the tyres (slight increase).
Either the first station where you filled in Nitrogen is inaccurate whereby filling more than 31psi or this second station where you went top-up is showing inaccurate values. Take either of these pressure gauge readings with a pinch of salt.

Try and get it checked from any reliable Wheel alignment centre in your city.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2017, 11:29   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Either the first station where you filled in Nitrogen is inaccurate whereby filling more than 31psi or this second station where you went top-up is showing inaccurate values. Take either of these pressure gauge readings with a pinch of salt.
I think he used the same filling station both the times.
Am I missing something ?
Old 7th April 2017, 11:45   #731
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
I think he used the same filling station both the times.
Am I missing something ?
Yes, I used the same place. The place is good one as per my knowledge and I used this place for the last 5 years for my wheel alignment and Nitrogen filling.

I always had good results with Nitrogen, ~3000 KM and 3 months with 2 to 3 points dip. The roads I drive is 99% good.
Old 20th April 2017, 11:41   #732
Senior - BHPian

I am trying to get quotes for XM2 and Yoko Earth 1 for my Ertiga and Michelins are 700-800 more per pc. for stock size (185/65 R15) infact i can upsize to 195/60 R15 Yoko earth1 and still save 400 per pc for the price of michelins. So still calculating the same.

Query i have is that all the dealers are saying they source michelins from Thailand so tyres will be like 5-6 month older date. (oct-nov 2016 make) Is this true ?

Since Yoko Earth 1 is made in india, they are ready to give fresh pieces 2017 make.
Old 20th April 2017, 12:21   #733
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Query i have is that all the dealers are saying they source michelins from Thailand so tyres will be like 5-6 month older date. (oct-nov 2016 make) Is this true?
I have Michelin XM2 (195/60 R15) on my Swift since November'15 and when I went to purchase them in November the tyres that were shown to me which were in stock was September'15 manufactured which is 2 months old. So what the dealer is telling may or may not be correct. It all depends on how fast the tyres move out of shelves.

What I advise you is to visit the dealer who has the highest sales and stores tyres in better condition plus who is well known in the community. This will help you in getting fresher tyres and warranty honoring if needed.

Here's the link to my post:

Michelin XM2
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2017, 12:30   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Query i have is that all the dealers are saying they source michelins from Thailand so tyres will be like 5-6 month older date. (oct-nov 2016 make) Is this true ?

Since Yoko Earth 1 is made in india, they are ready to give fresh pieces 2017 make.
Depends on the dealer and its sales quantity.
Check out with some other big tire shop they might have 2017 stock of Michelins.

Michelins are imported from Thailand so getting a less than 2 month old stock would be difficult.
Old 20th April 2017, 12:36   #735
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What I advise you is to visit the dealer who has the highest sales and stores tyres in better condition plus who is well known in the community. This will help you in getting fresher tyres and warranty honoring if needed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen View Post
Depends on the dealer and its sales quantity.
Check out with some other big tire shop they might have 2017 stock of Michelins.

Michelins are imported from Thailand so getting a less than 2 month old stock would be difficult.
Thanks, These are the quotes from the reputed ones in Bangalore, like Madhus, SNLP, Tyre empire, Sai iyengar etc. and every one seem to say that as of today they can give me XM2 of nov-dec.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks