Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2013, 21:29   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_himan View Post
They've now started stocking a variety of accessories and car care items as well! Did anyone order? How was the experience?
I ordered maxpider 3d mats from them for my Yeti. Got them in 4 days and experience was positive.
Behemoth is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2013, 15:10   #62
BHPian

Re: ChangeMyTyre.com : India's 1st Online Tyre Store

Ordered a couple of Nankang NS2s from them and well its a mixed reaction.

- Courteous staff
- Online chat feature available for instant communication

Dislikes
- They could have processed order faster. No progress made in the initial 2-3 days.
- I was given wrong information on a couple of occasions. The first 2 days they said they would ship it the same day and never did.
- Their website needs improvement. I have received the tyres and installed them on my car but my order status on their website is still stuck at "Processing"
- Need to step up overall quality in customer interaction and support. Received an invoice from them by mail with a wrong contact number and pin code. Maybe not important but lacks professionalism.

Overall though, all the dislikes were compensated for by the excellent pricing. Saved a total of 5k on two tyres compared to the price quoted by a local tyre dealer. Highly recommended, if you know what you need!
over.drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2013, 12:37   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Ive been looking at changemytyre and another online store for one tyre, and have not been able to find it.
I need one 215/65/r16 bridgestone insignia. Anybody has any idea of the availability, or otherwise, of this?
Old 26th August 2013, 14:01   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I am not sure whether their prices are not really a bit over the top though. Most bike tyres are around Rs.1700 Are these so costly? I am talking about the kind that goes into most of the commuter segement bikes. Similarly I was looking at the prices for 235/65 R17 tyres that go into the SUVs. Today many of the prices have been removed. But till yesterday, MRF were costing about as much as the Bridgestone Duellers (close to 15000 bucks a piece). Again, will anyone wish to by MRFs for that kind of price?
MRF ZLO Tubeless P 185/70R 14 88T is quoted Rs 4637/- per tire and the total cost for 5 tires is 23186/- in changemytyre.com. I bought 5 tires, wheel alignment, balancing and NO2 fill for 19890/- at the local authorized MRF dealer in Kammanahalli, Bangalore. I do not know if there is a price quote mistake on the changemytyre.com site.
Old 11th September 2013, 14:13   #65
BHPian

Ordered accessories from them on 4th Sept which was cancelled by them saying COD not available on accessories. If that was the case how did my order get accepted with an COD option .

Re booked with payment on 5th September early morning. It could have been dispatched on 5th itself, but as per them they take at least 2 days to process the order hence was dispatched on 6th Sept late evening. I have neither received any dispatch details nor received the material till date. When called I only get a reply that it has been dispatched and they will call back with details. The status on their site still shows that the order is under processing. Hence my experience with them is bad.

Kiran
kiren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2013, 16:18   #66
BHPian

Moderator note: Please use proper punctuation, helps with readability of the post.

A month ago i needed a tyre for my jazz and having prior knowledge of this website i went online and found what i needed. The price was fair and i was happy to initiate the purchase but decided to call up a few local dealers first.

Whilst using the website i may have entered my phone number somewhere and they instantly ring me after i close the browser to inquire why i didn't buy the tyre. I told them i will do so within the week. As conversation progressed i realised they wont deliver to agra! They infact mentioned that most of uttar pradesh isn't covered and that they would rather deliver to some dealer in NCR and i make the effort of going there to pick it up or have it installed there itself. I wasn't impressed.

Last edited by Jaggu : 16th September 2013 at 16:26.
Old 19th September 2013, 21:21   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusgetgoing View Post
MRF ZLO Tubeless P 185/70R 14 88T is quoted Rs 4637/- per tire and the total cost for 5 tires is 23186/- in changemytyre.com. I bought 5 tires, wheel alignment, balancing and NO2 fill for 19890/- at the local authorized MRF dealer in Kammanahalli, Bangalore. I do not know if there is a price quote mistake on the changemytyre.com site.
Changemytyre.com is ripping off customers, I feel. I changed tyres on my Scorpio two weeks ago and cost me 7,300 per tyre + 700 for balancing and alignment work. Total for 4 tyres + labor ~30,000
Old 19th October 2013, 13:41   #68
BHPian

I just called up CMT helpdesk to enquire about their products and one info which they gave me was shocking.. They only have tyres which are minimum 6 months old and for the maximum age, the customer care person doesn't have a clue. So for anyone who plans to purchase from CMT, it seems they will be shipping atleast half an year old tyre. Has anyone got a more younger tyre from CMT ?
Old 19th October 2013, 14:31   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by joecherian View Post
I just called up CMT helpdesk to enquire about their products and one info which they gave me was shocking.. They only have tyres which are minimum 6 months old and for the maximum age, the customer care person doesn't have a clue. So for anyone who plans to purchase from CMT, it seems they will be shipping atleast half an year old tyre. Has anyone got a more younger tyre from CMT ?
6 months isn't that bad. I was speaking to someone from Michelin and apparently those have a shelf life of 5 years or something. I doubt other brands would be much different.
Old 3rd November 2013, 12:49   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Strange - the site changemytyre.com is currently inaccessible, with no holding page displayed.
Old 20th November 2013, 21:03   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
Good site, But there is no guild-line for upsizing.
Here you go. But then I am not sure about the correctness of their calculations. May be our tyre gurus can confirm

http://www.changemytyre.com/Upsize-Tyres.aspx
Old 26th November 2013, 07:39   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go. But then I am not sure about the correctness of their calculations. May be our tyre gurus can confirm

Nice! I checked for the Swift Z variant and the calculations look correct!
Old 1st December 2013, 12:12   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I checked for the Ritz, and though the charts look accurate, I found the rim width mapping is wrong for 185/70R14. The stock 5J rims can take 185mm cross-section, while on the site they show a 5.5" rim as minimum.

Also, there recommended upsizing is _not_ optimum (or even is harmful for Plus 1/2) at all. Here's a snapshot:

Plus 0 195/70 R14
--
No mention that this requires rim upgrade, though the big table above shows rim size as 5.5in min. Lay customer may not connect the two. Also, pickup esp. low rpm acceleration will be affected significantly. 185/70R14 is the recommended upgrade, and I did the same recently after due consideration.

Plus 1 205/60 R15
--
Too big a wheel, will significantly impact acceleration esp in low rpm. 205mm tyres are too wide and may not fit well in the wheel well.

Plus 2 225/50 R16
-- Too wide tyres and too big wheel well. Will completely mess up the Ritz. Ridiculous to recommend this!
Old 9th April 2014, 12:06   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Ordered accessories from them on 4th Sept which was cancelled by them saying COD not available on accessories. If that was the case how did my order get accepted with an COD option .

Re booked with payment on 5th September early morning. It could have been dispatched on 5th itself, but as per them they take at least 2 days to process the order hence was dispatched on 6th Sept late evening. I have neither received any dispatch details nor received the material till date. When called I only get a reply that it has been dispatched and they will call back with details. The status on their site still shows that the order is under processing. Hence my experience with them is bad.

Kiran
My experience is similar to yours....

I have ordered a Michelin PILOT SPORTY (R) 100/90R 17 for my pulsar 150 on April 2nd and till now the order shows processing...

Day before yesterday I have posted on their FB page about the status and I got a call from their Bangalore office. The guy said there is no stock of Michelin PILOT SPORTYtyre, instead he offered me Sirac Street.

If the tyre is not in stock, then why my order was accepted .
Old 10th April 2014, 12:34   #75
BHPian

Finally they delivered the tyre yesterday night (Michelin Sirac Street 100/90R 17 - Tube type) ...

Was charged Rs. 2324/- including Rs.200/- shipping cost...

Not sure whether the price is right!?!

Most Viewed