Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2013, 17:53   #31
BHPian

Renault Duster RXZ Rims Upgrade

Just picked up a Duster for common use at home a few days back. The car came with 16" stock alloys which looked a bit too plain and simple so upgraded to 16" Lenso Samurai from Autopsyche. The upgraded rims size is 16 x 7J which makes the tires look a pinch more wider than before. Here are few pics of the same.

Apart from the rims, got the lower part of the front and rear bumper painted in body-colour, got a custom remapping done (135bhp approx), and changed the front speakers to HK ones.
Old 10th June 2013, 18:22   #32
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster RXZ Rims Upgrade

Here are some pics of the rims and the painted bumper.Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-1.jpg

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-3.jpg

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-7.0.jpg

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-6-copy.jpg

Last edited by AdiSinghV12 : 10th June 2013 at 18:36.
AdiSinghV12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 19:07   #33
BHPian

Congrats on the Duster. The wheels do look good. I too have just picked up a Duster and need to upgrade the wheels. How much did the upgrade cost (if you dont mind disclosing).

Also it looks like you've retained the stock tires?
Old 10th June 2013, 21:01   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi AdiSinghV12,

Your Duster looks good with the rim upgrade

I'd suggest get rid of the chrome housing on the fog lamps & chrome door handles as you have smoked the the front bumper & rims (If possible try to smoke out the hyper silver bits too)

Also plz share some more details about the 135 bhp remap.

Thanks !

Last edited by karan561 : 10th June 2013 at 21:08.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2013, 21:08   #35
Team-BHP Support

The car is looking good with whatever you have done. Suggest you blacked out the b and c pillars too. Also paint the ORVMs gloss black, along with the roof rails. And I suggest you get the side skirts done in body colour. All of these will really add to the look. If you want me to photoshop it let me know.
Akshay1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2013, 00:12   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkiplug View Post
Congrats on the Duster. The wheels do look good. I too have just picked up a Duster and need to upgrade the wheels. How much did the upgrade cost (if you dont mind disclosing).

Also it looks like you've retained the stock tires?
Thanks Sparkiplug! Congrats to you as well for your new ride! Yes I have retained the stock wanderers as the ride quality is pretty much acceptable. Regarding the rims, it costed me 40k (purchased from Autopsyche). The custom remapping was for 30k and the minor paintjob costed around 5k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hi AdiSinghV12,

Your Duster looks good with the rim upgrade

I'd suggest get rid of the chrome housing on the fog lamps & chrome door handles as you have smoked the the front bumper & rims (If possible try to smoke out the hyper silver bits too)

Also plz share some more details about the 135 bhp remap.

Thanks !
Glad you liked it, Karan. Yes the chrome housing kinda doesn't go with the flow and it will be removed. Stucked 'em before getting the bumpers painted and kinda looked good then. Regarding the remap, it's a custom remap done which costed 30k. The power increment can be felt at all the rev bands and its a much more fun-to-drive machine compared to a stock 110ps Duster. However, the mileage that the trip computer is showing after the remap is 6.3-6.4 which is kinda funny though the change in drivability totally compensates for that. LOL
Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-screen_20130610_23537.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
The car is looking good with whatever you have done. Suggest you blacked out the b and c pillars too. Also paint the ORVMs gloss black, along with the roof rails. And I suggest you get the side skirts done in body colour. All of these will really add to the look. If you want me to photoshop it let me know.
Haha thanks bro! It's an 'everyone's car' so didn't do much... Just basic upgrades here and there coz I just can't bear cars the way they come from the factory for a long time, there has to be atleast some upgrades/customisation! I was thinking to paint the ORVMs gloss black but wasn't sure...now will get it done in a day or two. And regarding the other stuffs you said, I'll probably wait till the car hits the workshop for the first service and get done whatever you said then. As far as your photoshop skills are concerned, I'll utilize em on the 3er mods lol! Cheers!
Old 19th August 2013, 21:24   #37
BHPian

re: Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade

What do people recommend as good HT options for the Duster on stock rims? Has anyone changed to HTs and what has the experience been with regards to road noise and fuel efficiency? Thanks for your inputs
Old 17th February 2014, 19:27   #38
Senior - BHPian

Asking this on behalf of a friend who owns a duster and is looking for new alloys.
Could someone who has upgraded to 17" rims tell me what effect, If any, has it had on your ride quality please?.
Old 27th February 2014, 22:23   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
16" MOMO Quantum wheels, running on STOCK MRF Wanderers ;

Attachment 1034153

^ Source FB
Hey karan 561. Can you please advise where can i get those smoked rims (Preferably in Pune)? Have a black duster and need some good ones. Thanks.
Old 28th February 2014, 12:39   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Asking this on behalf of a friend who owns a duster and is looking for new alloys.
Could someone who has upgraded to 17" rims tell me what effect, If any, has it had on your ride quality please?.
While I don't have a specific Duster experience to share - some friends have played around with rims on their SUVs.
Here's what we know:

If you have amazing roads available all the time, go for it. (Feedback from a friend in Dubai)
Because:
-a: The ride gets stiffer, but on well-layed roads with no undulations, you don't need a lot of extra cushioning than what the suspension provides. Plus you get marginally better dynamics
-b: Those big alloys look good only if they're clean (especially if you're going for chrome) - soon as they get muddy/dusty, they look horrible. So it helps if you stay in a low-dust environment.

That being said, on anything less than amazing roads (which is most of India really ), larger rims with lower profile tires (to keep the overall wheel diameter within the 2% tolerance range) will amplify the effect of each pothole/undulation/rough patch your car hits.
The duster's suspension has a rather good balance between ride comfort and driving dynamics - upsizing the rims will skew it towards feeling stiffer and uncomfortable.

So maybe if your friend stays in a city with roads like Chandigarh and plans to stay away from highways, he could think about those big rims.
Travis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2014, 15:34   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adizone View Post
Hey karan 561. Can you please advise where can i get those smoked rims (Preferably in Pune)? Have a black duster and need some good ones. Thanks.
You may want to contact n1engineering as i had seen this setup posted on their FB page > https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

All the best

Last edited by karan561 : 28th February 2014 at 15:41.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2014, 19:29   #42
Senior - BHPian

Guys, need to upgrade to alloys on a Black 85bhp RxL in Bangalore. Please do let me know your views/ opinions/ reviews:

Questions/ Requirements
- Matte black/ smoked rims
- Std size 16"
- Reputed brand. Do any of them come with guarantee/ warranty?
- Which brands are good?
- How do I tell fakes?
- Where do I buy in Bangalore?
- Any opinion on Drift performance store in HSR Layout? Saw a couple I like called ASA & EVO. Any opinion on them?
- How much should I expect to pay?
- 4 or 5 wheel? (Leaning towards 5)
Old 24th April 2014, 08:39   #43
Senior - BHPian

Got my Duster shod with these cool shoes:

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-duster-alloy-1.jpg

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-duster-alloy-2.jpg

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-duster-alloy-3.jpg
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2014, 19:10   #44
BHPian

Which are the possible tyres available in the 215x65xR16? Michelin or Geolander doesnt have these sizes. So does that mean all Duster folks who wants to stay stock size, has to be content with OEM tyres? They have Apollo Apterra now, sounds like the AT's from Hawk series. Anyone changed their tyres recently?
Old 16th September 2014, 14:34   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Got my Duster shod with these cool shoes:

Attachment 1233813

Attachment 1233814

Attachment 1233815
Looks good but 215/65/R16 is the same as the stock size hence the gap between the wheel arches!

What options are available in AT in India which are larger in size, say 235/70/R16 ?? Idea is to reasonably close the wheel arch gap and change the soft roader looks into something that is a bit more aggressive, all of this whilst not compromising too much on highway cruising. Also, will this size fit in stock alloy that will come in the Duster AWD?

Last edited by The Wolf : 16th September 2014 at 14:58.

Most Viewed