Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2019, 20:23   #121
BHPian

re: Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by subuiyer View Post
Got the stock Wanderers replaced with Goodyear Wrangler AT Silentrac for my 2015 AWD. :
Can you please post a few pictures too, I too am planning to replace my AWD’s Yoko Geolandars 235/60 R16 in around 2-4 K km more. Also, do the Goodyears come in 235/60 R16 size or stock 215/65 R16 only.

Last edited by Sheel : 2nd December 2019 at 20:50. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Thanks.
Old 29th December 2019, 19:39   #122
BHPian

Wheel & Tyre Upgrade - Wrangler Silentrac

Following the other members here, I changed my old stock Wanderers to Goodyear Wrangler Silentrac. Retained the stock size 215/65.
  • The stock had still at least a couple of thousand km to go (completed around 39 000 km).
  • However, the tyres had already completed seven years (2012 vintage) and micro cracks were showing in between the treads.
  • Although the truck is not driven much, when it is driven however, its long distances, for hours at a stretch at max legal speeds.
  • Given the above, I felt its was better to change the old and settle for some new rubber.
  • Total damages:
  • 4 Silentrac tyres Rs 32,000/-
  • 4 new stem and valves Rs 800/-
  • Rs 500/- refund as salvage value for old tyres
  • Total paid Rs 32,300.
  • Each new tyre required less than 100 gm to balance.
  • Purchased from Cherry Agencies HO, Near Minerva Circle, Lalbagh Fort Road. Good and prompt service on a Sunday. The store manager is polite and prompt with his service. The place has the proper tools, the technicians are a professional bunch. Highly recommended.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-20191229_125141.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-20191229_190610.jpg  

Rigid Rotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2020, 16:39   #123
BHPian

Hey guys,

Has anyone tried bridgestone D684 or D689? Any feedback?

Thanks!
Old 25th October 2020, 19:52   #124
BHPian

Changed my tyres from apollo apthera 215 65 R16 to Bridgestone D684. ( retained the same size). Got made in japan but an year older stock sadly.

Are the japan ones better than the ones made in India.Hoping for the best.

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-e093822aed1d450f8bf0940c72e4a23d.jpeg

Last edited by SideView : 25th October 2020 at 19:54.
Old 27th October 2020, 13:51   #125
BHPian

Hi,

My 2013 Duster has done 80000 kms, and now am thinking of going for smaller wheels and bigger profile tyres. The second batch of shoes was again MRF Wanderers, put at 55 K, but maybe now it is time to go for 235s with bigger profiles on smaller wheels.

Will old Scorpio 15" wheels fit the Duster? If yes, what is the possible size for a bigger profile tyre? Will 235/75/15 fit the wheel wells of a Duster?
Old 26th December 2020, 13:48   #126
BHPian

I plan to take up a long trip soon. I have two stock MRF tyres on the rear which need replacement as they are 7 yrs old now. the front wheels already have been replaced with Yoko Geolanders of the original size 215/R16. Now the dealer is unable to source the same brand saying its out of stock. He has offered Good year of the same size with a comparable threads as per photo below. do you think I can mix these with Yoko's. Apparently even Michelin's seem unavailable now. I am confused as I preferred going for the same brand across. Any suggestions /experiences ?
Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img20201226wa0022.jpg

Last edited by sunny13 : 26th December 2020 at 14:06.
Old 26th December 2020, 17:15   #127
Tgo
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny13 View Post
I am confused as I preferred going for the same brand across. Any suggestions /experiences ?
Non availability will make you do this once in a while. If you go with these then make sure you have the same make of tyres (with similar wear) on one axle. Yokos on the rear as they are worn out more and Goodyears on the front.

Secondly, you might want to consider the look of the tyres after they are installed. Consider matching these of the goodyears with the yokos:
-Open/Closed shoulder
-Squared-off/Rounded shoulder
Tgo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 18:32   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgo View Post
Non availability will make you do this once in a while. If you go with these then make sure you have the same make of tyres (with similar wear) on one axle. Yokos on the rear as they are worn out more and Goodyears on the front.

Secondly, you might want to consider the look of the tyres after they are installed. Consider matching these of the goodyears with the yokos:
-Open/Closed shoulder
-Squared-off/Rounded shoulder
Thanks, I will wait for some time, possibly Scout around some more for the Yokos, and if really doesn't work out, go for these.BTW the Goodyear Model is 'Wranglar AT Silentrack'. I did see a few previous posts on Good year and do see decent reviews. For me, its just that it a brand mix where the concern was. Thanks Again.
Old 19th March 2021, 12:03   #129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kicksperliter View Post
Check this Duster Out, Bought in India itself. Alloys and wheels look dashing.
where can I source these crossbars installed on top of the roof rails?
Looks amazing, would support my lightbar & another misc setup too.
Old 5th April 2021, 14:15   #130
BHPian

Mods: Sorry if I bumped up an old thread.

I'll be taking the delivery of Duster 1.3 Turbo RXZ shortly. These come shod with 215 60 R17 Apollo Apterra HP tyres. I was thinking of getting an A/T in the same wheel size but couldn't find any. The next best bet is H/T tyres, but I can't seem to decide which ones to go for? UltraMile is not available here in Kerala I think. I don't want to go with Pirelli and Michelin (too expensive).

Since I'm looking for a buyback, I need suggestions for mid range tyres in the stock wheel size, which should be an upgrade from the OEM Apollo tyres and not too expensive for the pocket. Looking for suggestions for 80% highway and 20% off-road (dirt, gravel, stone paved village roads) usage, and should atleast last 50k KM's.

Thanks in advance.
Old 22nd April 2021, 18:10   #131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
I'll be taking the delivery of Duster 1.3 Turbo RXZ shortly. These come shod with 215 60 R17 Apollo Apterra HP tyres.
Mods: Sorry if I bumped up an old thread again.

In continuation to my previous question, is a "downsize" from 215 60 R17 to 215 65 R16 advisable, considering that R16 was the default size the Duster came shod with in its previous avatars? I checked the difference and it was within the defined and advisable parameters (-0.6%). There are sadly too little or no A/T options in 215 60 R17, but several A/T options in 215 65 R16. Will the warranty be void in case I go ahead and change the alloys and tyres, although the dimensions (in terms of the circumference) are pretty much the same?
Old 1st May 2021, 10:00   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav3r1ckblu3 View Post
Mods: Sorry if I bumped up an old thread again...
Its a bummer that Renault has tinkered with the wheel and tyre sizes in the new Turbo-Duster. You are right that there are few choices in the new 215/60 R17 combination.

Obviously, you need to check discretely with the Renault dealer whether a downsize to R16 215/65 (Duster's default size as you had correctly pointed out) is permitted. If so, I would recommend (as a former Duster owner). Perhaps you could attempt trading in your R17 wheels for OEM R16s as a compromise to retain the warranty.

Advantages - there is a wider choice of tyres and you can get back that magic carpet ride quality.

Cons - expense , as you will need to buy R16 wheels.

If you do decide for, then consider Goodyear Wrangler Silentrac AT. I had changed to those in my Duster.

Pros - smoother ride, lower tyre noise on tarmac as compared to OEM MRF Wanderers. Also, generous treads with lower chances of punctures.

Con - Tyres are a tad softer and felt as such during handling in turns in ghat section climbs and descents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Following the other members here, I changed my old stock Wanderers to Goodyear Wrangler Silentrac. Retained the stock size 215/65...

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 1st May 2021 at 10:04.
Rigid Rotor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 20:46   #133
BHPian

Looking to change my tyres of my 85 PS RXZ Duster which has runs 42K and around 5 Yrs old. The stock ones were MRF Wanderer and it served me well. Off late I was seeing frequent punctures and then slight crack on the tyre walls. So now its time for changing the tyres.

I've done my research and shortlisted the below ones with the price.

1. Michelin Primacy SUV - 9427
2. Bridgestone D684 - 10237
3. Michelin LTX Force - 9427

My usage is mostly in highway and city and sometimes mild off road (Because I stay in Bangalore ). I was thinking to go for Michelin then I was told that it's more prone to puncture because of the soft rubber but the drive quality is good.

So please share your suggestion on these options or any brands which I have missed out. Thanks !!!
Old 10th July 2021, 14:35   #134
BHPian

Looks like there is no stock of Michelin tyres for Duster available in Bangalore. Now I have shortlisted Bridgestone D684 and Continental Conticontact LX2. However the stock of D684 is of 2019. So can I go with the old stock of Bridgestone or the new one from Continental? Please advise
Old 10th July 2021, 16:01   #135
Team-BHP Support

Re: Wheel & Tyre Upgrade - Wrangler Silentrac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
Following the other members here, I changed my old stock Wanderers to Goodyear Wrangler Silentrac. Retained the stock size 215/65.
In case you managed to log in some kilometers, any feedback on these tires?

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks