Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 10:57   #76
BHPian

re: Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade

Should retail for max about Rs.8,400 a piece.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2017, 19:36   #77
BHPian

Hi, was able to buy Yokohama G055 SUVs ( 215/65/16) for Rs.7550/- each. Free balancing and alignment also thrown
in.
Old 6th April 2017, 21:16   #78
BHPian

Hi guys,

I recently bought a RxZ Adventure 4WD in Jan 2017. Earlier I and a friend had been to Pune quite a few times during monsoons in his 110 RxZ 2012 and I wasn't really happy with grip level of standard MRF 215 section tyres. So immediately after booking my Duster, I had spoken with a friend for Tyre swap on my soon to be home duster. Accordingly went ahead and got Yokohama Geolander 235/60 R16. The friend had agreed a full value buy back for my MRF tyres. So I had to shell out only 2K per tyre for the Yokos. I've had 4 highway trips of 800 odd KMs and must say grip is phenomenal. I even tried hard cornering on expressway and the tyres exceeded my already high expectation. Only flipside is the compound seems to be on a softer side and may wear out earlier than MRFs. And the tread pattern is such that a lot of gravel, stone keeps getting stuck. At any given point in time you can find around 20 odd stones stuck in every tyre.

Few pictures of the job.

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img_8948.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img_8951.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img_8953.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img_8954.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img_8964.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img_8965.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img_8970.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img_8973.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img_8976.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-img_8963.jpg  

T-Rex is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th June 2017, 19:28   #79

Hi, my Duster is just shy of 60km in 3 years. I think I need to replace my tyres. My questions:
1) Is 60k good tyre life?
2) Suggestions for replacement? I mostly commute on good roads. But we do drive out often on 1k round trips. Mild off roading (more to get around obstacles rather than off roading for the sake of it). I'm ok with standard size. But can look at changing if recommended. On the expressway I will drive at about 130 or so. I fully utilize the turbocharger on clear roads. But mostly a sedate driver. Could do with lesser tyre/road noise.
3) What are the prices for the same?

Last edited by chiragpatnaik : 6th June 2017 at 19:38. Reason: More details.
Old 7th June 2017, 13:05   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmktm View Post
Hi, was able to buy Yokohama G055 SUVs ( 215/65/16) for Rs.7550/- each. Free balancing and alignment also thrown
in.
Please inform the dealer from whom you got the Yokos. Is it in Kottayam?
Thanks
Saji
Old 7th June 2017, 13:46   #81
BHPian

That was the place at Nagampadom by the name of C M Kurien or similar. Opp to Hotel Fairmont/Indraprastha. Tyre is just about ok, . Frankly speaking couldn't find much difference from stock MRFs. But the rates for Yoko s at this place was cheaper than Ernakulam.
jmktm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 14:22   #82
BHPian

Hi Duster owners. Need tyre advice.

My MRFs are near end of life and I have run 38k KM. Not sure if that's good enough.

I am looking for specific features:
- quite, atleast better than the MRF
- longer life, not so soft that i have to change tyres again @ 40k KM
- no need of up-size
- mostly highway driving

I guess the conventional brands are Yoko, Michelin and Bridgestone.

Please share your experience/inputs
Old 26th July 2017, 14:36   #83
BHPian

Changed the stock MRF Wanderers to Continental ComfortContact LX2. Upsized from 215/65 R16 to 235/60 R16. Too early to notice the difference in driving apart from a tad better ride quality. Shall give review upon more usage.

The tyre :

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-whatsapp-image-20170725-14.24.34.jpeg

Fitted :

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-front.jpeg

The stance :

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-stance.jpeg

Regards,

Pawan
PapaBravo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 09:23   #84
BHPian

My 110 PS diesel RxZ has done 45k in the Odometer. Though the Dealership suggested replacement of stock tyres MRF Wanderer @40k itself I pushed it another 5K. As some long trips are coming up planning to do the replacement. As my trips are largely on highway and in-city what options I should look at and what kind of pricing I can expect? Thanks in advance. Cheers
Old 23rd September 2017, 09:29   #85
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxeloquent View Post
My 110 PS diesel RxZ has done 45k in the Odometer. Though the Dealership suggested replacement of stock tyres MRF Wanderer @40k itself I pushed it another 5K. As some long trips are coming up planning to do the replacement. As my trips are largely on highway and in-city what options I should look at and what kind of pricing I can expect? Thanks in advance. Cheers
Have moved your post to the Duster tyre upgrade thread. Do check the earlier posts for options in Yokohama and Continental.
Old 23rd September 2017, 13:38   #86
BANNED

Duster 4x4 last year Nov with odo reading 14100, while discussing with a car dealer he was looking for 4 tyres for a second hand vehicle, offered the OE MRF Wanderer Tyres for 5K each, upgraded to Yokohama Geolander G012 215/65/16 with Yoko Dealer for 8.5K. After replacement went for a short spin for about 10 to 15 KMs on NH found to be having vast difference in the feel and handling the vehicle. Speed breaker jerks were felt earlier, now it is better and feeling smooth. Planning for a long drive during the month end after Pooja Holidays update the status after the trip.
Old 23rd September 2017, 16:16   #87
BHPian

Finally settled on Michelin Primacy same size as MRF stock. Price was Rs36500 all 4 tyres with alignment and balancing. It is available @8988 each with free delivery in Amazon. Then I was more comfortable to pick these in place where I live, Coimbatore in case there is any warranty issue. Little distance I drove, it felt good. Yes MRF Wanderer Stock ones did ok for me, lasted as much as they did 45k. Then I looked for something little less noisy and more grip on highways. Michelin will do that I am hoping. Will be doing Cbe-Bengaluru-Chennai-Cbe in a few days. I will post an update after that. Cheers
Old 23rd September 2017, 18:48   #88
BHPian

The Renault dealer of Silk Board, Bangalore is trying to hard sell Good Year Wrangler AT/S for 9500 per tyre, stock size. I am looking to upgrade the tyres to a bigger profile, so that the car looks more muscular. Was thinking of going for 15" wheels and 235/75 R15 tyres like the first generation Scorpio had. Will those fit the Duster? Should look very beefy and make the car look muscular. Am wondering if it will seriously affect handling. Anybody in Bangalore with proper tyre gyaan?
Old 12th October 2017, 17:48   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil Roy View Post
Upgraded my 2nd set of tyres at 1 lakh kms with a downsizing in rims and upsizing in tyres
Hello Neil can you please share your overall experience with these set of tyres?
I plan to use the same setup. how is it diffrent from stock in terns of ride and handling and road grip. also how effective is it on loose gravel/mud while offroading.

Please share your thoughts. will i get 15 inch rims from renault from any other car if i plan to use these tyres.
hiran77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2017, 10:10   #90
BHPian

It is end of life to replace Apollo stock tires at 55,000 kms.

Which one should I choose of the following?

Mine is FWD of 2014 model and usage is 50% city and 50% highways.

Yokohama G055 - Rs.8250
Michelin Primacy - Rs.9300
Michelin Latitued HT - Rs.9700
Conti cross contact AT - Rs.8900

Most Viewed