Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2015, 20:12   #61
BHPian

re: Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade

Upgraded my 2nd set of tyres at 1 lakh kms with a downsizing in rims and upsizing in tyres

The rims are HRS R15 Alloys with 114.3 PCD and the tyres are 215/75 R15 conti crosscontact ATs thank you thorne. The rims cost me 21k and the tyres were Rs.6650/- a piece. The ride is definitely more planted and road noise is there but tyres look really cool. the true performance issues if any will surface only after a little Off roading expeditions, but overall I am satisfied.
Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-wp_20151014_07_07_01_pro.jpg
setup
Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-wp_20151014_07_07_55_pro.jpg

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-wp_20151014_07_48_06_pro.jpg

P.S The ride height has increased by 2.6% compared to OE setup.
Neil Roy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 22:02   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumen.blore View Post
Thinking of getting alloys for my brown duster rxl . Checked with a dealer in Banaswadi got a quote of 30k , 34k,38k for a set of 4 neo hrs and momo respectively .
Is there any place in Bangalore where I can get a better deal .
Can you PM me the dealer and which Momo alloy models these are?

I am sort-of fixated on Momo alloys and would appreciate if someone can point where to buy genuine ones in Bangalore for a good price.

By the way, some websites suggest 15", 16" and 17" alloys for the Renault Duster. I have no idea about alloys, but is it possible to fit the stock tyres on to these alloys? I definitely do not want to change my tyres as I quite like them.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 13th November 2015 at 22:05.
Old 13th November 2015, 22:07   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nowwhat? View Post
Can you PM me the dealer and which Momo alloy models these are?

I am sort-of fixated on Momo alloys and would appreciate if someone can point where to buy genuine ones for a good price.

By the way, when I check online some websites suggest 15", 16" and 17" alloys for the Renault Duster. I have no idea about alloys, but is it possible to fit the stock tyres on to these alloys? I definitely do not want to change my tyres as I quite like them.
With stock tyres you have to go for 16". I had spoken to pitstop near to Kalyan Nagar club and the prices mentioned were for hrs alloys.

I think for momo alloys in Bangalore we have two options - Hercules tyres and
Harmonixxx audio Koramangala. Satya from evo also deals with them I suppose.
soumen.blore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2015, 22:38   #64
BHPian

Quote:
I think for momo alloys in Bangalore we have two options - Hercules tyres and
Harmonixxx audio Koramangala.
I live in Koramangala, but have never heard of Harmonixx. Where are they located and how reliable are they? Thanks!
Old 13th November 2015, 22:48   #65
BHPian

Quote:
I live in Koramangala, but have never heard of Harmonixx. Where are they located and how reliable are they? Thanks!
Harmonixxx mainly deals with high end ice but he is an authorised dealer in momo wheels(please double check ). You can visit them and see how it goes. Hercules tyres is also another option and may be you can compare prices and take it from there.

I have not dealt with Harmonixxx personally but did enquire about the prices for speakers/amplifiers and the pricing was quite competitive. I think best option would be you visiting them personally and check the alloys and pricing.
Old 15th November 2015, 12:49   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Harmonixxx mainly deals with high end ice but he is an authorised dealer in momo wheels(please double check ). You can visit them and see how it goes. Hercules tyres is also another option and may be you can compare prices and take it from there.
I think Harmonixxx may be based out of HSR layout as I can't locate one in Koramangala.

I just remembered that I had called Hercules Tyres in Seshadripuram when I got the Duster last year. However the person there said he had no Momo wheels, only those from HRS Taiwan.

Now since I know that one can't fit the stock 16" tyres on 17" alloy rims, I was wondering if the width of the rim is important. If so, what is the correct rim width for the Duster?

Also should I buy 5 alloys or 4? I am not sure if the spare wheel of the Duster is a regular tyre. If so, is it better to get 5 alloys so that it is easier to rotate the tyres?
Old 15th November 2015, 15:44   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I think Harmonixxx may be based out of HSR layout as I can't locate one in Koramangala.

I just remembered that I had called Hercules Tyres in Seshadripuram when I got the Duster last year. However the person there said he had no Momo wheels, only those from HRS Taiwan.

Now since I know that one can't fit the stock 16" tyres on 17" alloy rims, I was wondering if the width of the rim is important. If so, what is the correct rim width for the Duster
Contact number for Harmonixx +91 8762-801414 call them and confirm the addres.
If Budget permits then better go for set of 5 but check the spare tyre whether it's 15" or 16".
I think the best fit for 16" tyres would be 16" alloys and don't know if it's possible/advised to put alloy of any different size.
Old 29th November 2015, 11:32   #68
BHPian

Renault Duster with MOMO Alloys

After waiting for close to a year, I finally got the MOMO alloys I was looking for. Went with 16" rims and put the same stock tyres as I like them.

Took the Duster to Madhus yesterday and got alloy fitment, rotation (including unused full sized spare tyre), Road Force balancing and wheel alignment all done for a reasonable price.

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-momos.jpg

I wish the MOMO lettering was aligned on all four wheels, but they said it was not possible and it was too late in the day to get them to remove and put it back on so that there was some semblance of symmetry.

Also had given the Duster for 2nd service and it came up to around ₹3,200. Quite a far cry from my Volkswagen Polo which runs me around 10-12K every time.

Last edited by nowwhat? : 29th November 2015 at 11:37.
nowwhat? is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 11:25   #69
BHPian

Hi guys. I have 4*4 Duster which I drive only on Mumbai roads and occasional trip to Pune. I find the stock MRF tyres not very comfortable on tarmac. I have done only 10000 kms in 10 months. Since, I hardly drive on bad roads, I have been thinking of selling the MRFs and put a better set of tyres for city / highway use.
Old 14th February 2016, 22:52   #70
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanjay1707 View Post
Hi guys. I have 4*4 Duster which I drive only on Mumbai roads and occasional trip to Pune. I find the stock MRF tyres not very comfortable on tarmac. I have done only 10000 kms in 10 months. Since, I hardly drive on bad roads, I have been thinking of selling the MRFs and put a better set of tyres for city / highway use.

I need some advise. Is getting rid of AT tyres and putting road tyres a good idea for an SUV?
Old 19th September 2016, 22:14   #71
BHPian

Got new set of yokohama geolander suv (235/60/R16,)tyres for my duster@ 8.5k/tyre. Initial impressions are extremely silent and comfortable.1st set of upsized maaxis marauder tyres were very noisy which made me to change to yoko at 30k.

Yokohoma geolander suv tyres(235/60/16)
Tread wear - 600
Traction - B
Temperature - A
Make - THAILAND
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-dscn4761.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-dscn4767.jpg  

Renault Duster & Nissan Terrano : Wheel & Tyre Upgrade-dscn4773.jpg  

Old 17th November 2016, 18:25   #72
BANNED

hi every one, I need to change my tyres. which tyres are good for city and traveling to site works also?

MRF tyres are good but getting lot of noise .thinking to change them now to bridgestone or Michelin!

which one suits better for smooth drive

Thank you.
Old 22nd November 2016, 14:00   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by palo View Post
Which tyres are good for city and traveling to site works also ?
Try the Yokohama G055 SUV range. It's available in stock size.
WasavaTyres is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2017, 21:42   #74
BHPian

Hi friends,

I am looking for a replacement for my alloy wheel for my Duster 85PS(design as in pic above). I had changed the OEMS to a set of 5 of these, but one of them took a bump on the road and has been leaking air. Do any of you know anyone who might have ONE replacement alloy wheel of this design? Or can you point me to any second hand sales guy in Chennai who can get me this?
Old 22nd January 2017, 12:33   #75
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Try the Yokohama G055 SUV range. It's available in stock size.
Hi, My Duster 4*4 tyres are up for 2nd replacement shortly at 60-62k. Had put MRF stock tyres last time also & just for a change would like to try a different brand.

Stock size only

How much does the Yokohama G055 SUV's cost ?

Thanks

Last edited by jmktm : 22nd January 2017 at 12:35.

Most Viewed