Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2014, 14:19   #31
Distinguished - BHPian

re: TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharatsomany View Post
As for balancing, their "How its work" video (that's their version of 'How it Works', I guess) flies past a shot of a tyre balancing machine and a weight being attached to the tyre. Actually, it really got me thinking if such machines can even maintain their calibration being lugged around in a van all day?
You are actually right. A proper wheel balancer needs a hard and steady floor to get accurate repeatable readings. Whenever we display our equipment at a show, we face issues because sometimes the wooden platform isnt sturdy enough for us.

I personally doubt the balancing accuracy of TOW. I even mentioned this in one of my posts on some other thread. Maybe, they have figured out a way to get a repeatable and accurate balancing! I would be interested to see how they solved that issue though
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2015, 22:42   #32
BHPian

re: TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews

The prices were attractive Rs 13829/- for a 4 tyres of JK Vectra 185/70R14.
Was about to place an order for my brother's logan, Now, after reading the reviews here. Will go to a brick&mortar shop for the change.
Old 11th April 2015, 16:52   #33
BHPian

Kicking myself in the head that I did not read the reviews here first... booked few days back with delivery and fittment promised today... no one has turned up... no response on their phone lines... no response on email... thankfully had only paid the booking amout of Rs.1,000.

I guess that will be write-off :(
Old 30th May 2015, 16:53   #34
BHPian

I am the latest one to have suffered after ordering from these frauds. I made the full payment after telephonically confirming the availability of the tyres on the 21st may and they assured me delivery by 23rd may- order no Tow11404.

However they never shipped the tyres and kept lying that the tyres have indeed been shipped. I continued to press for the docket number so that I can track the order. Finally, on the 28th they tell me that are unable to ship the tyres. That too when I insisted that I may be given the docket number. No communication whatsoever from their side.

I wrote them a mail asking for the refund but it seems that they have decided to steal the money also. PURE THIEVES. CROOKS. Some Karan is supposed to be taking decisions and whenever I call either he is eating or he is not in office.

The working hours are from 10-6 but the uneducated staff keeps telling me to call at 2 as that is when that Karan would be available and everytime they also assure a call back but it is anybody's guess that such crooks are in a habit of disappearing. Now they want me to call on Monday as Karan has already left.

Something needs to be done to make the bhpians aware of this fraudulent venture

Last edited by GTO : 1st April 2017 at 11:31. Reason: Let's not use derogatory terms when referring to an individual
torque18 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th May 2015, 17:22   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

My 2 cents on the topic.

Although I do buy a fair share of stuff online, but I would probably never buy tires for my vehicles online. Be it tireonwheels or whatever. First of all, tire changing is a 'once in 4-5 year' thing, so it is not much of a bother. In my case, for my cars, it is more than that, like 7 years, since my running is not much. So I change tires by age rather than KMs on them.

So, I make sure that I buy the most recent tires available in the shop. My thumb rule is to look for tires manufactured less than 6 months ago. The max I budge is 8 months. I simply do not consider tires which are manufactured more than a year ago because rubbers harden when aged, which compromises everything a tire has to offer. This flexibility is not exercisable with online purchases, hence, though online deals may save you a couple of grands on a set of 4 or 5, but saves you the headache and more importantly you get exactly what you want/ choose.

Thanks!

Last edited by saket77 : 30th May 2015 at 17:42.
saket77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:30   #36
Team-BHP Support

Another complaint, via our Facebook Page.

Anirudh Kulkarni writes:
Please be aware of this cheat TyreOnWheels.Com company!!! Its been 3 months since I ordered 4 appollo tyres and am still waiting for a call back/email response from the company, my mistake was that i already made full payment!! All their phones are busy/not reachable. Just to give you an glimpse of how sad their service is, I some how got the CEOs contact and wrote to him, he said he will resolve it with in 1 day! and its been more than a month since he promised and nothing has happened! They keep saying the tyres are couriered already and when i ask them for the tracking number they dont provide, bcos they were lying in the first place. And now even his phone is not reachable/busy all the time. He stopped responding to my messages too, I see him on Whats app but still he wont respond! I also posted on their FB page about the same and they stopped the option to add comments!! I am fed up and am pursuing this issue in Bangalore consumer court! So good people please stay away from this bunch of scamsters. I have made contact with few others who have fallen victim to this company. If any of you have faced this issue or can help us sue this fraud company, please do. - AK
Rehaan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2015, 16:39   #37
Senior - BHPian

Although anyone reading through the posts on this thread can reasonably surmise that it is best to avoid this company, perhaps the first post/thread opener can be modified to include a strong caveat and/or for prospective buyers to please read thru all the posts completely. The thread title should also be modified with a disclaimer.

Last edited by Rehaan : 3rd July 2015 at 16:55. Reason: Just brought this up with the other mods a few minutes back. Will do so soon :)
vasudeva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2015, 12:11   #38
Team-BHP Support

Yet another person complaining about them on twitter, asking for help:

https://twitter.com/GautamMahtani/st...97561589526528

Name:  tow Capture.PNG
Views: 1837
Size:  232.4 KB
Rehaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2015, 21:18   #39

Please don't use this. Hopeless service. I have ordered tyre on july 5th for one Yokohama tyre. Its all most one month I haven't received my tyre. Still I am following up with them.Please can any one help me on this ?
veerarajus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2015, 11:55   #40
anb
BHPian

Re: TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by veerarajus View Post
Please don't use this. Hopeless service. I have ordered tyre on july 5th for one Yokohama tyre. Its all most one month I haven't received my tyre. Still I am following up with them.Please can any one help me on this ?
Found this on a sitehttp://www.consumercomplaints.in/tyr...lscom-c1038819 and sharing it here as it would helpful for the members. The contact details of directors of this Fraud company is given . Those who have problem with delivery of the tyres can directly call the directors of this company. Those who have lost money can register a FIR in local police station under section 420 against the directors of the company

Last edited by GTO : 31st August 2015 at 10:18. Reason: As per PM
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 10:04   #41

Oh no, I have been dupped too. Ordered a tyre online TOW13922Sep648873 and unable to get in touch with anyone from their company.

Has anyone ever got a delivery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa_asif View Post
Fight still going on..

I ordered a Michelin 90/100-18 from their website (Order#: TOW5964Aug444289) on 18th August 2014.The Order status till date is still shown as "Processing". My constant follow up with their so called Customer Service department had shockingly different answers to give. Initially, the reaction was the Tyre is out of stock hence they are giving a refund. 1 day after that (22nd Aug)I got a call from their operations department saying that they have found the stock and the Tyre is dispatched immediately through Air Cargo and I would be getting the Tyre on 25th Aug at any cost. I started my follow ups again on 25th Aug and to my surprise they said that the tyre will be shipped only on 25th Aug and they gave a FALSE TRACKING NUMBER (Professional Courier: DEL108191075). When this tracking number was not working for more than 24 hours, I started my follow ups again and they said the tracking number has been changed to DEL108191131 which till date doesn't work. Nobody knows where my Tyre as of today. I am going to file a case in the consumer court for the lose of my time and effort.

EDIT: Now they have blocked me from writing a review on their Facebook page too.
Did you manage to get the tyres at the end? If so Can you give us a few pointers?

Last edited by Rehaan : 8th October 2015 at 18:42.
Old 8th October 2015, 10:43   #42

Re: TyreOnWheels.com - Order Tyres Online. Update: AVOID them! Several bad reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jundi View Post
Oh no, I have been dupped too. Ordered a tyre online TOW13922Sep648873 and unable to get in touch with anyone from their company.

Has anyone ever got a delivery?
I got my order delivered yesterday. Tyre looks good.
jundi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 10:58   #43
BHPian

Guys! I'm the latest victim to fall for this. Luckily, I something in the last moment made me use my credit card to order from them instead of using debit card/net banking. I tried calling them on the listed no. but the call keeps disconnecting. Also, emails are not getting answered.

When you have used a credit card, things are pretty easy. Just call your credit card issuing bank and say to them that you want to raise a dispute. Also, they are using PayU to process online payments. I'm going to call them as well and inform them to suspend their account as they are frauds.

Don't wait for months to receive your goods from them. If no order update in a weeks time, immediately, raise a dispute.
vprao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 15:46   #44
Senior - BHPian

Is this also the case with change my tyre?
Old 31st March 2017, 13:27   #45
anb
BHPian

Website is no longer available. Looks like they have closed down their online shop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks