Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2015, 21:15   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My BMW, upgraded to Michelin Pilot Super Sports! Imported from TireRack.com, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couper72 View Post
Hi Karan,

Congrats on the staggered setup. It has definitely uped the ante on your beast.

After my 6th tyre bubble in 3 years, I have finally come to terms that the roads (pot holes ) in Hyderabad are never gonna improve and it is high time i moved to tube less. Thanks to your detailed review, i too have decided to switch to the pilot super sport; decided on tirerack.com

Just wanted to get your feedback on these tyres. Would be of great help.
Thanks ! Michelin PSS are really superb, amazing on comfort and unparalleled grip levels. Just that during monsoons they are not that great (simply because these are extreme performance summer tyres)

Rest most of the aspects are covered in the review on the 1st page, all the best
Old 4th November 2015, 10:38   #77
BHPian

Re: My BMW, upgraded to Michelin Pilot Super Sports! Imported from TireRack.com, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Thanks ! Michelin PSS are really superb, amazing on comfort and unparalleled grip levels. Just that during monsoons they are not that great (simply because these are extreme performance summer tyres)

Rest most of the aspects are covered in the review on the 1st page, all the best

Thanks a lot Karan, just wanted to check if you have faced any problems over the last two years of using these tyres.
Old 3rd December 2015, 13:41   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Karan, just wanted to check if you have faced any problems over the last two years of using these tyres.
Hi Karan!! Thanks to your advice, i have now upgraded to the PSS as well and opted for the staggered 225 + 245 setup.
One quick question, what tire pressure do you recommend?
Couper72 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 11:02   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Karan!! Thanks to your advice, i have now upgraded to the PSS as well and opted for the staggered 225 + 245 setup.
One quick question, what tire pressure do you recommend?
Great move

30 psi all 4.

If you are loaded with more than 4 passengers & luggage, keep 32 psi all 4
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th December 2015, 13:49   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Great move

30 psi all 4.

If you are loaded with more than 4 passengers & luggage, keep 32 psi all 4
Thanks a lot for all the info Karan.. I would have still been stuck with RFTs if not for this thread.
Old 4th December 2015, 14:37   #81
BHPian

Have people recently ordered tires without any customs issues?
Old 7th December 2015, 12:55   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
Yup!! Just received my tires a few days ago from tirerack, US. It did take some additional time (5 days longer than expected) but fedex did get the job done. Do send them a copy of the brochure of the tires and a letter addressing the [FONT=Arial]"Assistant Commissioner of Customs".[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial]Else everything was smooth.
[/FONT]
Couper72 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 15:10   #83
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverhick View Post
As I understand it there are major problems at the moment with customs and importing even single sets of tyres for personal use.

Anyone imported a set of tyres for their personal use without a problem in the last 30 days?
kbk_75 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 13:46   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbk_75 View Post
As I understand it there are major problems at the moment with customs and importing even single sets of tyres for personal use.

Anyone imported a set of tyres for their personal use without a problem in the last 30 days?
Thanks for the heads up.

I am in the need for a tyre change on my BMW & will be on the lookout in a couple of weeks time. If i don't get my choice here in India then i will import tyres again. Will keep you guys updated.

Old 18th February 2016, 20:56   #85
BHPian

I imported the PSS for my Beamer last December. No issues what so ever. This was through tirerack, shipped thru FedEx
Old 18th February 2016, 21:35   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I imported the PSS for my Beamer last December. No issues what so ever. This was through tirerack, shipped thru FedEx
What was the landed price/tyre ?
Old 19th February 2016, 12:24   #87
BHPian

Quote:
What was the landed price/tyre ?
Worked out to abt 28k per tyre.
Old 20th February 2016, 17:38   #88
BHPian

Karan, you mentioned you are soon due for tyre replacement. How much did your PSS last.. Approx? Being a pure performance tyre, I don't expect high mileage. Just curious..
Old 21st February 2016, 22:14   #89
Distinguished - BHPian

My BMW, upgraded to Michelin Pilot Super Sports! Imported from TireRack.com, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaypjayaraj View Post
Karan, you mentioned you are soon due for tyre replacement. How much did your PSS last.. Approx? Being a pure performance tyre, I don't expect high mileage. Just curious..
The tyres are right now aprox 20,000 kms old. I can still do about 2500-5000 kms on this set. But they started to loose traction since after about >18,000 kms specially on cement/concrete roads.
So i have been enjoying the oversteery action, but id rather get back traction as I have planned some more performance mods so need to get back the grip.
Also do note I'm running a staggered setup hence i haven't shuffled them. So if i had a squared setup the PSS would have lasted at-least 30,000 kms

Last edited by karan561 : 21st February 2016 at 22:23.
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2016, 08:42   #90
BHPian

Quote:
The tyres are right now aprox 20,000 kms old. I can still do about 2500-5000 kms on this set. But they started to loose traction since after about >18,000 kms specially on cement/concrete roads.
So i have been enjoying the oversteery action, but id rather get back traction as I have planned some more performance mods so need to get back the grip.
Also do note I'm running a staggered setup hence i haven't shuffled them. So if i had a squared setup the PSS would have lasted at-least 30,000 kms
That is good mileage for PSS I think. I was expecting half that only. Good to know its not so bad. I can rotate tyres of my Yeti as its square setup but bemmer, I'm also using staggered setup and there is no way to even out any imbalance between front and rear.

I think now that I have tried out PSS and know what the best performance tyres is like, the curiosity is gone and next time I could try out something which is a balance between performance, comfort, mileage and availability.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks