Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2010, 23:29   #16
BHPian

I found darshan tyres unresponsive and indifferent when I wanted to pick up michelin xm+ for ohc, was least interested in talking to me, wasn't confident I would get support should something go wrong, golden tyres always came across as a tyre pusher than customer service oriented, Unitread is much better in that they are very responsive and willing to answer questions. But if you compare these guys to Bbay folks like Saifee who are fantastic to deal with then the Pune guys totally pale in comparison.
Old 5th April 2010, 17:55   #17
BHPian

Hi Folks

Same question... Need to replace all 5 tyres on my WagonR...

Looking for normal with-tube 155/65R13s to replace the existing ones that have done 40k kms...

Went to Darshan at Baner-Balewadi, he quoted Rs 2450 per tyres for Bridgestones (S322 I think). Total cost Rs 12,550 for 5 tyres, including alignment and balancing... Nothing offered for the old ones, not even scrap value.

Bridgestone was the only one he suggested...

Any shops that can do better?

Thanks!
Old 5th April 2010, 18:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

How many kms have you clocked on the old tires?

Try Atul tires in Wakdewadi, the shop is between Hero Honda & TVS showroom.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:09   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technocrat View Post
How many kms have you clocked on the old tires?

Try Atul tires in Wakdewadi, the shop is between Hero Honda & TVS showroom.
Thanks! Thought I had mentioned in my post that I had done 40K kms in these tyres.. Am not expecting any serious money for these I guess..
Old 5th April 2010, 18:23   #20
Senior - BHPian

Oops my bad I missed that out, I think no one will offer anything for those as 40k is pretty much the maximum life of the stock tires.
Old 5th April 2010, 18:39   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

OT, but enroute Pune in September 2008 when my WagonR had clocked ~52000 Kms & knowing the fact that after Hubli all the way till Pune the roads were excellent, I got into Hubli city and then opted to change all my tires. I was quoted 2250 for Bridgestone per Tire-Tube (155 65 R13). When I asked about the exchange price for my old tires, the dealer called a Puncture repair chap who inspected my tires and offered me 700 bucks. All my tires were good enough to run for another 5000 Kms from how the treads hinted but two had a cut in them which was repaired with a patch that often caused wobling at higher speeds which made me think of an immediate replacement while on my way to Pune itself.

Why not check out a few Puncture repair guys in/around Pune and strike a deal rather than banking upon the Tire dealer himself?
Old 6th April 2010, 00:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwalker View Post
Same question... Need to replace all 5 tyres on my WagonR...
Bridgestone was the only one he suggested...
Any shops that can do better?
Pricing seems to be appropriate for S322, don't expect to get any value out of 40K Kms old tyres.

Check out Apollo or MRF if they have tube-type tyres for WagonR VXi. If you don't get these at Baner shop, check at main shop on FC road of Darshan Tyres.

Any specific reason for not opting for tubeless tyres? Steel rims can be used tubeless if rims are in pretty good shape & don't have any rust. Me using tubeless tyres on stock rims for more than 2 years without any issues.
Old 6th April 2010, 00:27   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sukiwa View Post
Pricing seems to be appropriate for S322, don't expect to get any value out of 40K Kms old tyres.

Check out Apollo or MRF if they have tube-type tyres for WagonR VXi. If you don't get these at Baner shop, check at main shop on FC road of Darshan Tyres.

Any specific reason for not opting for tubeless tyres? Steel rims can be used tubeless if rims are in pretty good shape & don't have any rust. Me using tubeless tyres on stock rims for more than 2 years without any issues.
Thanks for that!

Checked with both Darshan at Baner and Atul at Wakdewadi and both claim not to stock/ sell MRF and Apollo, will check Darshan at FC.

Re tubeless, friend of mine went from Tubed to Tubeless and ended up changing all the rims as well... Don't want to take any chances here, if I can get an appropriate tubed tyre.

Have posted to a different thread to select the right tyre here.. Any light you can shed on the choices and requirements would be great!
Old 29th July 2010, 09:56   #24
BHPian

Does any one know from where can I get momo alloys here in Pune?
Old 16th January 2011, 10:20   #25

Re: Recommended shops in Pune - Alloy Wheels & Tyres

Has anyone tried out Carax (near Balewadi) in Pune for Tyres? How has the experience been? They stock Bridgestone and Yokohama. But seem to be more of an accessory shop. Am planning to replace the stock Goodyears on my Palio Stile 1.6. Done around 37k.
Old 16th January 2011, 20:41   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajuhari11 View Post
Has anyone tried out Carax (near Balewadi) in Pune for Tyres?
Please visit tyre shops like Darshan tyres (Baner road or FC road) OR Lokmanya tyres (Karve road near deccan).

Please don't buy tyres at an accessories shop, it's not their main line of business and mayn't have best expertise/experience in tyres(my personal opinion/choice, others need not agree/subscribe to it).
Old 19th January 2011, 15:38   #27

Thanks, makes sense. There seems to be a shortage of Yokohama tyres. Nevertheless the quest continues.
Old 19th January 2011, 15:52   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivz View Post
goto Golden Tyres on East Street.. he's the best...
Asked him for the availability of BFG Long Trail for my new Safari , got a response "sir ye kaun sa Chineese tyre hai ? " We only stock goodyear / apollo / MRF etc ."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edmund View Post
Unitread on East Street - Got my Falkens and my 12" Aura from him. [Next to Das Showroom]
Darshan Tires at Sadhu Vaswani Chowk - Got my Bridgestone GIII's from him.

Both offer good service and a wide variety of brands!
Darshan Tyres definately has good stock , IMHO just a bit of a bargain would serve the cause , rest assured about service etc .
Old 19th January 2011, 23:16   #29

Hi,
Has anyone tried out: Anand Trading Corporation - The Tyre Shop, at Dapodi near Nasik Phata? They deal only in tyres, seem to have a decent stock, and have their own alignment, balancing facility... I'm considering picking up Goodyear from there. However the Goodyear website seems outdated, doesn't mention them, and not even the Goodyear store at Aundh, so I'm not going by the company website.
Old 24th January 2011, 12:31   #30

Hi,
I just picked up new tyres for Butch (my car) - Goodyear DuraPlus. I approached three stores, and here's how I'd rate them:

1. Goodyear Store at Aundh - 4/5
2. Anand Tyres, Dapodi - 4.5/5
3. Goodyear Store at Nasik Phata - 4/5

Well its either strange or I'm just lucky to have gone to the right places but I felt the managers at all three were very polite, understanding, experienced, patient and accomodating.

The Goodyear Store at Aundh - good place to shop, but the manager did not give the kind of bargain I would have expected. Also I am not sure of how they do the alignment, simply because I ahven't seen their machine. Outstanding feature - cleanliness.

Anand Tyres, Dapodi - I was very impressed with the Manager at Anand Tyres, because we were faced with a rather strange situation where Goodyear launched a scheme of special offers, which are applicable only at the Goodyear stores, not other dealers. At this point Anand Tyres offered me a similar freebie an initiative of their own not sponsored by the tyre company. They have a huge facility and ample staff.

The Goodyear store at Nasik Phata, is again a store which gives to the attention you may need, but it is a little cramped up, low on space. And I assume at peak hours, it may be difficult to fit your car in the little space they have. But service on the whole is good.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks