Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 11:43   #16
Team-BHP Support

re: Hyundai Verna (2nd gen.) : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KPS View Post
Which tyres did you finally choose? Just yesterday I noticed a small bubble on the side wall of both tyres in the left side. Since my stock Bridgestone has done 23+K it may be a good idea to change all the tyres. I do not want the Bridgestone as the sidewalls are too soft.
Another option apart from Michelin XM2+ which has been recommended earlier on this thread: you can even try Continental CPC2. They are rugged from what I have heard, can take on rough roads and offer good grip. On the flip side, I have heard they do get a bit noisy as they age.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2013, 11:20   #17
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Another option apart from Michelin XM2+ which has been recommended earlier on this thread: you can even try Continental CPC2. They are rugged from what I have heard, can take on rough roads and offer good grip. On the flip side, I have heard they do get a bit noisy as they age.
Thanks Karthikk. These are good additional option and I will check it out. Tyre size is a problem. I am inclined to MRF considering my past good experience for the Coorg roads. I will look at the options in the coming week.

Cheers

KPS
KPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2013, 12:40   #18
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

I check out and found that only Bridgestone offers the stock 195/55/16 tyres. No other manufacturer offers this size, though Apollo is expected to offer the same soon.

Since I want to remain stock, I guess Bridgestone is the only option as of now.

Cheers

KPS
Old 21st October 2013, 21:36   #19
BHPian

Quote:
I check out and found that only Bridgestone offers the stock 195/55/16 tyres. No other manufacturer offers this size, though Apollo is expected to offer the same soon.

Since I want to remain stock, I guess Bridgestone is the only option as of now.

Cheers

KPS
Hi!
Finally which tyre you chose. I have done 40k & soon be changing the tyres. I am considering 205/55/R16 only for increasing the GC by 5.5 mm. It may slightly improve the ride & steering feel at the cost of FE. Stock Bridgetone (B-250) 195/55/R16 served me well. Till date I have one puncture & no other problem with those. These tyres are readily available at 7k a piece. Bridgetone has another model (MY-2, Potenza-Sporty) listed in it's website. I am not sure of it's price. 205/55/R16 has plenty of options ,cheapest is Apollo Accelarate at approx 7k, ie same price as the stock.

Please share your opinion & experience.

Thanks
Old 21st October 2013, 22:27   #20
BHPian

Sorry, Apollo- accelerates are priced at around 6k for the size 205/55/16R & not 7K. The price is indeed mouth watering. Have any one experienced this tyre?

Thanks
Old 22nd October 2013, 07:26   #21
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi!
Finally which tyre you chose. I have done 40k & soon be changing the tyres. I am considering 205/55/R16 only for increasing the GC by 5.5 mm. It may slightly improve the ride & steering feel at the cost of FE.....

Thanks
It was quite a difficult choice, as I wanted a harder compound tyre with stiffer sidewalls. After discussing with D-BHPian Nikhil, I opt for the Continental CPC2 205/55/16 tyres. These are premium tyres and cost about Rs. 9500 each.

The ride is a little stiffer and ground clearance is little better. This weekend I will be going to Coorg and should get a feel of these tyres on the highway/bad roads.

If you have had a good experience with Bridgestone, you should stick to those tyres.

Cheers

KPS
Old 30th November 2013, 20:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
It was quite a difficult choice, as I wanted a harder compound tyre with stiffer sidewalls. After discussing with D-BHPian Nikhil, I opt for the Continental CPC2 205/55/16 tyres. These are premium tyres and cost about Rs. 9500 each.

The ride is a little stiffer and ground clearance is little better. This weekend I will be going to Coorg and should get a feel of these tyres on the highway/bad roads.

If you have had a good experience with Bridgestone, you should stick to those tyres.

Cheers

KPS
Hi KPS,

Can you please share your experience with 205/55/16 tyres? We have just booked the Verna and I would like to upgrade to this size, however I'm worried about the tyres touching the wheel arches when the car is fully loaded or while taking a u turn.

Thanks!

Blackbolt
Old 1st December 2013, 08:38   #23
KPS
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbolt View Post
Hi KPS,
Can you please share your experience with 205/55/16 tyres? We have just booked the Verna and I would like to upgrade to this size, however I'm worried about the tyres touching the wheel arches when the car is fully loaded or while taking a u turn.
Thanks!
Blackbolt
The experience has been very good. No problems. The up size is within the tolerance limit. The extra 5 mm height is a boon. Go ahead

Check
Quote:
Use <this> calculator to judge changes in size. Generally a difference in the range of 3-4% is considered acceptable.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-your-car.html

Cheers

KPS

Last edited by KPS : 1st December 2013 at 08:46. Reason: Added Rehaan's thread
KPS is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2014, 13:04   #24
BHPian

Just paid advance for yoko v550 205/55 r16 in exchange for stock tyres. Difference amount rs. 16800. Will let u guys know how it rides.
Old 26th March 2014, 08:49   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Just paid advance for yoko v550 205/55 r16 in exchange for stock tyres. Difference amount rs. 16800. Will let u guys know how it rides.
What's your experience? Any issue of tyre touching the body with full load? Do you feel the increased GC useful? What is the effect on FE, ride quality & handling.

Cheers
Old 26th March 2014, 14:29   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
What's your experience? Any issue of tyre touching the body with full load? Do you feel the increased GC useful? What is the effect on FE, ride quality & handling.

Cheers
Hi Chitta,

I did pay the advance for Yoko V550 but 2 days prior to delivery of the car, the tyre dealer said that the Yokos are just not in stock!

I went ahead and got the Pirellis P7 205/55 R16 for 11.8K in exchange for a set of 4 (the other option was Continentals which were costing 18.5K to replace)

I ran in the car for Dad and drove it for 1000 kms. And boy am I happy with these tyres! They are super quite, the ride quality is just amazing and the grip is good. After driving on this set of rubber, I find my Vento's Yoko S-drives very noisy and stiff (the difference is very significant on the same road). I would highly recommend the Perillis if you looking for ride comfort and low road noise.

The tyres do not touch the body on full load or even while locking the steering wheel completely for taking a turn, dint drive the car on stock tyres so dont know about GC, but the car has not scraped as yet so no complaints!

Cheers!
Blackbolt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2014, 14:39   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Chitta,

I went ahead and got the Pirellis P7 205/55 R16 for 11.8K in exchange for a set of 4 (the other option was Continentals which were costing 18.5K to replace)

I ran in the car for Dad and drove it for 1000 kms. And boy am I happy with these tyres! They are super quite, the ride quality is just amazing and the grip is good.

The tyres do not touch the body on full load or even while locking the steering wheel completely for taking a turn, dint drive the car on stock tyres so dont know about GC, but the car has not scraped as yet so no complaints!

Cheers!
Thanks for sharing the info. Now I can go ahead with 205/55/16 confidently, but after replacement of all four springs. As suggested by others, replacements of springs is benefiting greatly.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2014, 09:57   #28
BHPian

Browsing the 'change my tyre' site. Got to know about a brand, never heard before. It is Kenda. 205/55/16R size is costing Rs 4470/- a piece, almost half of other reputed brands. Brief review of Kinda users were also encouraging. Has anyone experienced this tyre? Apollo accelerate is stock tyre of many cars. Please share your experience if any one has used this.
Old 30th March 2014, 12:59   #29
BHPian

I have been using 205/55/R16 Continental CPC2 on my Fluidic Verna from day one and besides the fact that the car handles horribly, there is nothing to complain about these tyres, Ride quality is nice, decent grip but for some reason, the tyres have worn out pretty quickly. I have used CPC2 on my other cars where they have lasted a good 40-45k Kms so I know for a fact that they don't wear that fast.
Right now the situation is that they might run for another 5-10k kms max. The current running on the Odo is 22k Kms.
It's not like the car is doing a lot of highway runs, infact its more like a city car and highway duties are done by the other cars, thanks to the Verna's pathetic handling and road manners
Old 29th May 2014, 13:07   #30
BHPian

Yesterday, changed to Yoko db/550-205/55/R16, after doing 45k on stock tyres. Cost 9 k a piece. Thereafter did a long drive of 300 km. My expereince-

- Expected better steering feel at high speeds, did not improve one-bit.
- Noise level reduced - could feel when speed is > 120 kmph, on concreate roads- the improvement is significant & can be immedietly felt at any speed.
- No perciptable difference felt on grip.
- Slightly more cushiony ride.
- No issue of touching body till now, have not tested yet on full load.

Overall, happy with the tyres.
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed