Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 4th October 2013, 16:21   #16
Senior - BHPian

Apollo 4G Tyres for Alto

Changed all 5 tyres to Apollo 4G. Pretty happy; looks like they are softer than what I had (OE ones). Will update once i break them in.

Costed me 2600Rs .

Michelin option was there but would have costed 3050rs. Didnt get those as I will be selling of the Alto in the near future.
Attached Thumbnails
Apollo 4G Tyres, anyone?-img_20131001_160621_161-large.jpg  

Apollo 4G Tyres, anyone?-img_20131001_160633_917-large.jpg  

jkdas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2014, 20:39   #17
BHPian

Re: Apollo 4G Tyres, anyone?

Replaced old stock GT3 shoes on my Linea with Alnac 4g over the weekend. Have driven only within city so far. Although drove early morning on Chembur- Santa Cruz high speed link road. Very minor wobbles which had started because of the old tyres is gone. Also, I think the tyres are too grippy as of now in the sense that I can feel some loss of power. Will come back to this forum with an update once driven on different conditions and would hopefully have positive things to write. I am told by the dealer that there is a 5 year warranty on any manufacturing defect which can be claimed across the ccountry by showing the dealer's bill. It costed me Rs. 19600 (4* 4900). Alignment and balancing for free.
neelchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2014, 13:44   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Very impressive performance by the Apollo Alnac 4G.

Question for the tyre gurus: is the EXACT same tyre Apollo are selling in India or is the ratings/compound/technology etc. different for us poor Third World citizens?

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...-Tyre-Test.htm

2nd: Apollo Alnac 4g
Total: 91.2 / Dry: 18 / Wet: 37 / Rolling Resistance: 9 / Comfort: 9 / Noise: 9 / Overall: 9.2
Positive: Short braking distances on wet roads, a high level of comfort
Negative: None listed
Overall: Apollo present a real surprise and become one of the best on test in wet braking. These tyres have no problem coping with emergency maneuvers, with no unexpected loss of grip. With no obvious weaknesses, Apollo have never never demonstrated such consistencies in all areas

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Apollo/Alnac-4g.htm
Old 22nd June 2014, 00:54   #19
BHPian

I recently upgraded my wheels from 14" to 16" in my rapid. And, I changed my tires from stock Apollo Acelere 175/70 R14 to 195/55 R16. Have driven 800kms with the new set of tires so far. Below are the observations
- The tire is very soft when compared to the stock apollo
- Has very good wet grip.
- Ride is lot smoother and better. The better ride quality is partially due to the upsize and broader contact patch than the previous tires.

But, I am very sure it's a lot lot better than the usual apollos. The retail price was 6400 per tyre.
Old 23rd June 2014, 10:51   #20
BHPian

Within a week or so of getting Apollo Alnac 4g 195/60/15 (stock size) on my Linea, they had multiple punctures along the left side of the car. Four in the front tyre and four in the rear. I had one more puncture later on the left front tyre. The tyres have good grip and definitely provides more comfort and cushioning. However, for me they are shockingly disappointing as far as durability goes. I have junked the two tyres (wastage of nearly Rs. 10000) and got a pair of OEM goodyear GT3. So, now I have been driving with two Alnacs in the front and two GT3s in the rear. So far all good.

Last edited by bblost : 23rd June 2014 at 14:45. Reason: Foul language has been deleted. Please take care in future.
neelchak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2014, 14:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelchak View Post
Within a week or so of getting Apollo Alnac 4g 195/60/15 (stock size) on my Linea, they had multiple punctures along the left side of the car. Four in the front tyre and four in the rear. I had one more puncture later on the left front tyre. The tyres have good grip and definitely provides more comfort and cushioning. However, for me they are shockingly disappointing as far as durability goes. I have junked the two tyres (wastage of nearly Rs. 10000) and got a pair of OEM goodyear GT3. So, now I have been driving with two Alnacs in the front and two GT3s in the rear. So far all good.
This weekend, I had a highway run of over 200kms in rain. The wet grip it offered was very impressive.

@neelchak - Sorry to hear that. Punctures are inevitable in our roads. I think GT3 might also have suffered the same set of punctures if it were in alnac's place. I would recommend you to get them back on your wheels and use them. The tires are very good. It looks like they apollo has got the tire compound spot on.
Old 30th June 2014, 21:15   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

The Alnac 4G is different from the alnac. Please keep this in mind.

The Acelere brand name has been extinguished (irrespective of what their website says). The exact same pattern has been retained but with a different name: The Alnac.

The Alnac 4G is an all new tyre which is mainly export oriented. Some supply is also availlable in the local market.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th August 2014, 15:56   #23
BHPian

^^ Hey Nikhil: Have a small query..

I have a 2007 Swift LXi thats done ~40K.

This is the second car and doesnt run much- maybe twice a week office duty (40-50Kms/week, city driving only)

Been getting a lotta punctures on the OEM tyres and was thinking of getting new tires- which one would you guys recommend? I do not need anything fancy..
Old 27th August 2014, 11:20   #24
BHPian

Any experience with the new apollo alnac 4g tyres on the updated Polo. I am getting a GT Tsi and wanted to know whether its worth upgrading these newer apollo 4g tyres or not. Most people were upgrading the older acelere tyres on the polo.

If upgrade is recommended then what to? Silent ride and comfort are priorities and FE should not also take a beating beyond a bit.
Old 28th August 2014, 18:55   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam99 View Post
Any experience with the new apollo alnac 4g tyres on the updated Polo. I am getting a GT Tsi and wanted to know whether its worth upgrading these newer apollo 4g tyres or not. Most people were upgrading the older acelere tyres on the polo.

If upgrade is recommended then what to? Silent ride and comfort are priorities and FE should not also take a beating beyond a bit.
Dont bother. It's a waste of money from the Aceleres/Alnacs to the 4Gs. The 4Gs are good tyres but not worth losing the resale.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2014, 22:51   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Dont bother. It's a waste of money from the Aceleres/Alnacs to the 4Gs. The 4Gs are good tyres but not worth losing the resale.

I guess his question is whether he should upgrade the stock tyres on his new GT TSi (Alnac 4g) to something better?

Like people used to upgrade their stock tyres (Acceleres) on their earlier pre-refresh GT TSi.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 00:16   #27
BHPian

spot on "crazy driver". I want to know if Alnac 4g which is what is apparently coming on the new GT Tsi is a candidate for an upgrade? Some vehicles have gone to the dealers and I saw one, and i believe the new customer cars will start being produced from beginning sept. so waiting for my carbon steel edition.
gautam99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 00:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
The Alnac 4G is different from the alnac. Please keep this in mind.

The Acelere brand name has been extinguished (irrespective of what their website says). The exact same pattern has been retained but with a different name: The Alnac.

The Alnac 4G is an all new tyre which is mainly export oriented. Some supply is also availlable in the local market.
I can't find the alnac (non 4g alnac) on the apollo website. Is there an alnac and alnac 4g?
Old 29th August 2014, 01:11   #29
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
spot on "crazy driver". I want to know if Alnac 4g which is what is apparently coming on the new GT Tsi is a candidate for an upgrade? Some vehicles have gone to the dealers and I saw one, and i believe the new customer cars will start being produced from beginning sept. so waiting for my carbon steel edition.
I don't have a personal experience to comment, however, came across some good reviews while we were preparing the Punto Evo review. Even the Evo now comes with 16 inch Alnac 4g tyres.

http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Article...-Tyre-Test.htm
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2014, 10:40   #30
BHPian

Quote:
are you positive that the new GT TSI comes with Alnac 4G and not plain Alnac. i ask this, because there is quite a difference between the two. the plain jane alnac is a rebadged Accelere. I have seen the tyres on the new Polo Tdi, and I believe they are coming with the Vento also. Inititally I was confused, since the tyre pattern was the same as acceleres, but later the forum clarified that the accelere brand has been silently replace with Alnac. A clever marketeer must have thought the Alnac 4G would give a nice Halo and changed accelere to alanc.

Also, just checked, Alnac 4G is not available in 185/60 R15. They start 195 onwards.

Last edited by lalittalwar : 29th August 2014 at 10:43. Reason: updated with information
lalittalwar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed