Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 19th October 2016, 17:25   #181
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by komalthecoolk View Post
Thanks Arun, I know you had upgraded your tyres as well. Was it a noticeable difference in ride quality? I don't want to upgrade just for the sake of it as it is usually a temptation for new owners.
Replacing the MRF tyres definitely made a noticeable difference in comfort and reduced road noise. I don't know about improvement in grip, since I didn't really push the MRFs. The MRFs are said to be longer lasting, however. In my case, I knew I'll be replacing tyres by age and not mileage, so long-lasting tyres wasn't really a selling point for me.

Now, whether that difference in comfort/noise is worth the 10-15,000 spent on swapping out tyres will depend on individual preferences.

A confession - at the time I got mine, the EcoSports being delivered came with either MRF or Goodyear Assurance tyres, and the prevailing opinion was to replace the MRFs, but consider staying on with the Goodyears since they were good enough, and better than the MRFs. My confession is that I was one of those crazy few who wished that I would get MRF, so it would justify me upgrading them to a better set of tires than both MRF and Goodyear!
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th October 2016, 01:14   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
I assume you are covered with the free return policy of the company. (Mr. Jatin Patel had mentioned this to me on call)
I've not ordered it from their site. Got it sourced from a local car shop. However, below is the return policy from RogersAB if ordered from their site:

We will accept the return of the products, provided such return is for products that are damaged during transit, defective, wrongly delivered, wrong product, incomplete package etc. subject to the condition that we are informed about such discrepancies within 48 hours from the date of receipt of the product and provided that the products are returned in their original condition.
Old 20th October 2016, 12:22   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyas337 View Post
I've not ordered it from their site. Got it sourced from a local car shop. However, below is the return policy from RogersAB if ordered from their site:

We will accept the return of the products, provided such return is for products that are damaged during transit, defective, wrongly delivered, wrong product, incomplete package etc. subject to the condition that we are informed about such discrepancies within 48 hours from the date of receipt of the product and provided that the products are returned in their original condition.
Oh I see, when I was scouting their web page, the chat assistant gave me Jatin Patels number. I then spoke to him and he gave me a brief and this was the part of the conversation.

He asked me to courier it to him so that they can give a refund - in the case if I am not satisfied with its performance.

Jatin Patel - +91-9099084277 - Try this number.
peterjim13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2016, 01:57   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
Oh I see, when I was scouting their web page, the chat assistant gave me Jatin Patels number. I then spoke to him and he gave me a brief and this was the part of the conversation.

He asked me to courier it to him so that they can give a refund - in the case if I am not satisfied with its performance.

Jatin Patel - +91-9099084277 - Try this number.
There is a mention of 21 days return policy on their website. I sent them an email and they called me back, and asked to send pictures of the installed suspension kit - which I've shared. They mentioned to provide a solution on this (not sure what).

Per suggestion of fellow members, I'm trying to drive fast over the pot holes - and it does feel better when driven this way. However, not every bad patch of road can be taken at higher speeds - this is where it gets frustrating due to excessive bouncing.
Old 27th October 2016, 21:38   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj84 View Post

After changing to new set, though I felt that ride had improved I was not very sure if that was a subtantial improvement over the stock size.The pressure was 32psi all round.But after 1000kms and maybe at a lower psi now, it feels very plush compared to stock size when it was new.So very happy within the limits of the maximum this car can deliver being tuned mostly for handling. The extra width means there is definitely a noticeable drop in power.Makes me long for a powerful car now.Maybe a 5bhp drop.Handling wise I dont feel much difference as I was very happy with Goodyear as well.So maybe I am still under the safe limit of cornering.No visible improvement in how the car looks due to extra width.Looks same as before
Slight correction on the tyre pressure. On next attempt to fill air realized that earlier they had kept the pressure very high(38+) though I had asked them for 32. So realized that it is at 35 or 34 that the car was giving the best ride. 32 was not as good. So now front tyre is 35 and rear is 34. The best part is that I am now fully happy that the ride comfort is excellent
It is now plush ,and the difference is more noticeable in low speed ride. At one point of time I was regretting purchasing a car which was oriented towards handling. Now with this new found comfort in ride, absolutely happy in owning the Ecosport. All thanks to ecosport rules for his suggestion

All this comfort is from a driver's point of view. Still have not seated anybody on the backseat to comment. But considering the difference in ride I can feel from the driver's seat, I am sure backseat comfort would be better now as well.

So would recommend this to anyone who wants better ride comfort, but is willing to ignore the speedo error that comes with upsizing to this size of 215/60/16.
Old 7th November 2016, 10:16   #186
fry

Quote:
Can anyone suggest me a tyre upgrade with the default MRFs that come with the Ecosport that'll help make the ride a little more comfortable? I am not a rough driver and I don't think I'll do off-roading. Any options from Yokohoma that is similar to Michelin's Primacy 3 ST (P3ST) in terms of comfort but don't cost as much?

I use the ContiMaxContact™ MC5 in stock size.
http://www.continental-tyres.in/www/...tires/mc5.html
Old 13th November 2016, 09:59   #187
Team-BHP Support

A Trend 100PS owner wishes to go for OE alloys lying at the tire guys place along with a new rubber.

Are OE alloys compatible with Trend variants? Which rubber is recommended along with them?
Old 13th November 2016, 10:16   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry View Post
I use the ContiMaxContact™ MC5 in stock size.
http://www.continental-tyres.in/www/...tires/mc5.html
I read on the reviews that these tyres are good but they wear out much faster than any other tyres. How's your experience?
Old 12th January 2017, 16:44   #189
BHPian

Has anyone got hold of Bridgestone Turanza T001 in 205/60 16 size or Turanza GR90 in 215/60 16? Looking forward to immediately replace the Stock Mrf's on my Titanium(O).
Old 13th January 2017, 14:10   #190
BHPian

I have finally selected BS Turanza ER370 (Rs.8000) 215/60 R16. I was initially interested only in stock size 205/60 R16 due to just about satisfactory power output from the TDCi, but the options were BS Potenza GIII & Turanza T001, and both of them were too soft for my rough usage. Potenza GIII is infact known to be a very noisy tyre with short life. T001 felt even softer than GIII, so had to drop it too.

Looked at Michelin Primacy 3ST & Yoko Earth1, but none of them felt as tough as Turanza ER370. In the end, another option popped up and that left me a bit confused. Bridgestone B390 for just Rs.5500 a piece, but size is 205/65 R16. Tyre calculators make out a difference of 3.14%, which I guess is little more than the prescribed size difference of 3.00%. Also, I understand that the B390 is a basic tyre compared to ER370, but the price difference is huge, and the B390's are known to be much better than the stock MRF's & Goodyear's.

Any suggestions Team?

Last edited by ScorpMan : 13th January 2017 at 14:20.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2017, 16:39   #191
BHPian

Finally got all 4 replaced with BS Turanza ER370 215/60 R16, 8k a piece. Car performing beautifully after the switch. Was getting swayed towards Michelin Pst, and even the dealer tried hard to sell but in the end stuck to my choice. Hope they perform as the Turanzas have on previous cars.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2017, 20:12   #192
BHPian

I have been seeing a lot of Ecosports using Kenda Tyres in Delhi. I inquired the price for stock size and its just 3200 Rs. Any review on that ? As many of the fellow ecosport owners here might be aware of my Car's stock goodyears having 25 punctures, I am not sure if Michellines or continentals or Pirelli will survive the roads I use my cars on. Any leads on this (Puncture resistant, off road friendly tires) will be really appreciated.
BB311 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2017, 18:57   #193
BHPian

While scouting for my Good Year assurance, couple of dealers in cochin were not able to show me any Bridgestone Turanza or Yokohamas. But New Bharat Tyres offered me a JKTyre Ranger.

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-jktyreranger.jpg

Off road like thread pattern though they are priced at 5100 per tyre. Supposedly 2017 make.

Can anyone help me with an alternative, my Good Year assurance went for 48K now.
All with numerous flat tyres, vulcanization due to week sidewall, and off course good load of road noise.

How can I know the price of Turanza ? Yokohama ?
Old 26th April 2017, 18:59   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I have been seeing a lot of Ecosports using Kenda Tyres in Delhi. I inquired the price for stock size and its just 3200 Rs. Any review on that ? As many of the fellow ecosport owners here might be aware of my Car's stock goodyears having 25 punctures, I am not sure if Michellines or continentals or Pirelli will survive the roads I use my cars on. Any leads on this (Puncture resistant, off road friendly tires) will be really appreciated.
Goodyears have a very weak sidewall. Mine had similar number of punctures. But not sure of the price of these tyres, be it Bridgestone, Michelin or Yokohama
Old 29th April 2017, 13:13   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Arun, I know you had upgraded your tyres as well. Was it a noticeable difference in ride quality? I don't want to upgrade just for the sake of it as it is usually a temptation for new owners.

Es501 has very bad wet grip .

Most Viewed