Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2019, 09:01   #271

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian1502 View Post
After 5.5 years of stock Goodyears, finally the time had come to get her some new shoes. A sudden rise in the frequency of punctures and some cracks on the tyres meant it was time.

Also, got the AC gas refill based on Vid's post earlier.
Attachment 1887227
Hi, can you share the cost for these ?

I am enjoying the new Tyre's on my ecosport, the cornering and braking is improved drastically specially in the wet condition, road noise is very very minimal.

Did you notice any difference in pickup ?
Old 25th June 2019, 11:53   #272
BHPian

Quote:
After 5.5 years of stock Goodyears, finally the time had come..
Kindly share cost of new tires if you don’t mind.

Also, the Goodyears seem to have quite a bit of tread depth left. What’s the mileage you did on them?

Thanks.
Old 25th June 2019, 13:21   #273
BHPian

Rs 7,750 including GST per piece that includes new Valves and Michelin Paddock club membership.
Plus 20% Discount on Wheel Alignment and Roadforce Balancing.
AC Gas Refill costed Rs 1500 + 18% GST.
And a Michelin USPA Laptop Backpack as free gift.

Goodyears had not run much, just 32000 KMs, I could feel the brittleness and lack of grip at corners. Please see my earlier post on the side-wall cracks - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4490276 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

And 5 punctures in the last few weeks sealed the deal for me.
Old 26th June 2019, 17:38   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Rs 7,750 including GST per piece
Was looking at Yokohama Earth 1, comes to around 6500/- apiece. Was wondering if the Michelin P4ST is worth the premium?
Old 9th July 2019, 18:49   #275
BHPian

Has anyone tried 205/65/R15 tyres on the Ecosport? If yes, please share about the effect on ride quality and handling? I am considering downgrading to 15 inch wheels/tyres on my Ecosport Titanium to improve the ride quality.
Old 22nd July 2019, 00:48   #276
BHPian

My August 2014 Ecosport came with MRF ZV2K tyres which the whole community loves to bash. I really wanted to swap the car with a goodyear model but didn't find any other option in godown during PDI. Didn't want to spend more on new set of tyres either. However i had no complains after using them. Sure they were a bit noisy than premium brands and grip levels are not as good as tyres costing 50% more, but they seemed to be immune to punctures. Made in india tyres for indian conditions. I always did alignment balancing every 10K km and did 5 tyre rotation. They lasted me almost 5 years with over 68K km on odo.

Finally the time had come to replace the aging ZV2K. I really wanted to buy a rugged AT tyre, but unfortunately no options are available in stock size. Didn't want to upsize or change alloy size either. So decided to go for the most premium HT tyre available for this size. The choice was pretty easy. Its none other than the newly launched Michelin Primacy 4ST

I will like to thank Bhpian ShubhamGhute for helping me find such a good deal ! Here is my buying experience:
  1. Tyre size for Ecosport Titanium 2014 is 205/60/R16.
  2. Decided to change all 5 tyres as they reached end of life. (5 years & 5 tyre rotation)
  3. Deal finalized for Rs 6800 per tyre.
  4. Extra Rs 500 charge for alignment, balancing, new valves & nitrogen filling for all 5 tyres.
  5. Got fresh stock having manufacturing date of 1319 which translates to April 2019. Less than 3-4 months old !
  6. Was worried about buying softer tyres like Michelin. However after relocating to Pune, my car will see more highway tarmac than broken Himalayan terrain so decided to opt for it.
  7. The speed rating of this tyre is V (240KMPH) vs H (210KMPH) for MRF while the load index remins same at 92. (630KG)
  8. Used sticky weights for alloys during balancing as per my request.
  9. Got alignment report after the work is done. Topped up nitrogen in all 5 tyres.
  10. They ran out of gift items so gave me a sipper which comes with two wheeler tyres.
  11. The staff was courteous and store manager was attentive.
  12. 3 years warranty on manufacturing defects only. Doesn't cover physical damage like sidewall cut.

Darshan Tyres Kharadi Pune
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8852.jpg

Removing old tyres
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8853.jpg

Old tyres
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8857.jpg

New set of tyres
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8851.jpg

Alignment & Balancing in progress
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8856.jpg

Spare wheel sporting Michelin
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8858.jpg

Wheel with new tyre
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8863.jpg

Manufacturing date: 1319
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8859.jpg

Tread wear indicator. Notice the Michelin branding
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8860.jpg

Old tyre
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8865.jpg

Sipper bottle gift
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_8866.jpg

Here is my experience after using them for a month & over 500KM:
  • The first thing which is noticeable is how silent they are compared to MRFs. The ST badging is there for a purpose !
  • Grip levels are super good, can feel more so as i jumped directly from a 5yr old 68k run tyre.
  • No puncture issues or anything even after two road trips in monsoons at ghat section.
  • Overall happy with the purchase. At 6800 each they seem to be a very reasonable buy.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 22nd July 2019 at 00:50.
Samfromindia is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 06:27   #277
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post

Old tyres
Good choice, but from the pic seems like the inner part of the old tire seems more worn out compared to outer. Maybe something to keep an eye out for. ( or is it the way the pic is take that makes it seem so?)
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:19   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Good choice, but from the pic seems like the inner part of the old tire seems more worn out compared to outer. Maybe something to keep an eye out for. ( or is it the way the pic is take that makes it seem so?)
Not at all ! The inner part was super clean and shiny, mostly due to the fact that tyre was never removed from alloy since it came from factory. Only 2 of 5 tyres had puncture in 5 years. No debris inside also.

Inner tyres cannot get worn out without any friction. I guess you got confused by the ribbed design which is how the inner shell is made of
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:35   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Not at all ! The inner part was super clean and shiny, mostly due to the fact that tyre was never removed from alloy since it came from factory. Only 2 of 5 tyres had puncture in 5 years. No debris inside also.

Inner tyres cannot get worn out without any friction. I guess you got confused by the ribbed design which is how the inner shell is made of
Maybe you misunderstood what i meant. I should have been clearer. The middle section of the tyre is what I meant.

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-622c8542a36a4a72a06ca4a1a73910e1.jpeg

If you say it is all good, then my bad. Keep revving and wish you many happy miles on the michelins.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2019, 16:47   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
Maybe you misunderstood what i meant. I should have been clearer. The middle section of the tyre is what I meant.

Attachment 1897348

If you say it is all good, then my bad. Keep revving and wish you many happy miles on the michelins.
Haha i thought you were referring to the Old Tyre image Yes tread wear is not fully uniform and from this pic it appears that. As per Ford, recommended tyre pressure for low load is 30psi overall. I ran with 32 for around 20-30k and noticed more wear on inner treads. Then i fell back to 30s. Also one outer edge is more worn than the other side due to less than perfect alignment. After 68K tyre could do few more thousand km before tread wear indicator reached its limit.

For new tyres i am keeping factory recommended pressure of 30psi although many users are recommending more. I need to check the wear pattern after 5-10K km during rotation cycle.

Last edited by Samfromindia : 22nd July 2019 at 16:50.
Samfromindia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th August 2019, 13:43   #281
BHPian

My Dec’16 Ecosport came with Goodyear Assurance, done 47k and tread still good for another 5-7k. But the tyres have become really noisy and not gripping well, so looking to change to Yoko Earth 1. Thing is, none of the major dealers in Cochin or Trivandrum have stock newer than Jan/Feb 2019, so not sure if I should go ahead. Appreciate any advise from forum members.
Old 31st August 2019, 16:45   #282
BHPian

Are there some one who is even considering Continental MC5?
Old 31st August 2019, 23:23   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkk_84 View Post
Are there some one who is even considering Continental MC5?
Too many reports of soft sidewall issues, online as well as info from dealers here in Cochin.

On a different note, I can’t find acceptably fresh stock of Earth 1’s or Primacy 4ST here in Cochin. So thinking of getting Goodyear Assurance Armorgrip from the Ford dealer. Offered at 6300/- per tyre, June 2019 stock.
Old 1st September 2019, 01:07   #284
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
On a different note, I can’t find acceptably fresh stock of Earth 1’s or Primacy 4ST here in Cochin. So thinking of getting Goodyear Assurance Armorgrip from the Ford dealer. Offered at 6300/- per tyre, June 2019 stock.
Did you consider Yokohama BluEarth ? It's a superior tyre compared to Earth 1 and there is not much difference in pricing
Old 1st September 2019, 07:24   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Did you consider Yokohama BluEarth ?
Thanks Doc for the reply. Yes looking at BluEarth. Seems there is shortage of stock on that too. Is there any concern of sidewall weakness with BluEarth? Given it’s an imported tyre?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks