Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
529,963 views Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2022, 13:34   #376
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: Nalagarh, H.P.
Posts: 73
Thanked: 181 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I had to install two front tyres of size 205/65R16 instead of 205/60R16 due to non availability. The rear ones are 205/60R16. Can anyone explain whether it will negatively affect the vehicle in any way? Should I change the rear ones too, as rear ones are only 10k km old. Thanks in advance.
itsbaman is offline  
Old 9th March 2022, 12:54   #377
BHPian
 
Fordlover88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: WB-08
Posts: 154
Thanked: 830 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Need to change all 4 tyres of my ecosport trend 2016 model. Tyre profile is 195/65/r15. Stock mrf's are currently on 73k after 5.5 years. Confused between Mrf perfinza/ Yoko Blue earth/ Conti CC5. My usage is mostly city runs(overall good roads) and occasional highway runs. I would prefer something with hard sidewalls(less puncture prone). Which would be a good choice in between the above 3?
Fordlover88 is offline  
Old 9th March 2022, 13:25   #378
BHPian
 
Safari_Beast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Faridabad
Posts: 374
Thanked: 339 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordlover88 View Post
Need to change all 4 tyres of my ecosport trend 2016 model. Tyre profile is 195/65/r15. Stock mrf's are currently on 73k after 5.5 years. Confused between Mrf perfinza/ Yoko Blue earth/ Conti CC5. My usage is mostly city runs(overall good roads) and occasional highway runs. I would prefer something with hard sidewalls(less puncture prone). Which would be a good choice in between the above 3?
Get continental UC6 tyres.
Safari_Beast is offline  
Old 24th March 2022, 19:20   #379
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 191
Thanked: 344 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

In the updated 2017 Ecosport, will using a R16 instead of current R17 affect speedometer, ABS or other functions negatively? What about ride quality?

Any good places you suggest in Mumbai for the work?
Sidban85 is offline  
Old 18th April 2022, 18:45   #380
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Rohtak
Posts: 78
Thanked: 101 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhayanaV View Post
Did you tried 205/65/R16? It's 10%+ increase in circumference but should be more comfortable. Any difference in FE it might result into?
Apologies for the late reply. I still have about 35-40% tread left on my 205/60 UC6s after almost 40k km, so haven't tried any new tyres. I believe there might be a slight drop in FE owing to the heavier tyres, but don't quote me on it. My next set will definitely be 205/65s.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th April 2022, 16:44   #381
BHPian
 
dpkbehera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hyderabad, Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 241 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I have a Ford Ecosport Titanium TDCi (2016). I have the stock MRF tyres which needs to be replaced after running for nearly 57000km . Car is mostly used for city driving with a few road trips in-between. Few questions here i.e.
a) Should i stick to the same size i.e. 205/60 R16.
b) Any recommended brands? Looking for value for money options.
c) Any feedback about online tyre vendors like TyreNMore , Tyrelelo etc
dpkbehera is offline  
Old 27th April 2022, 06:56   #382
BHPian
 
dpkbehera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hyderabad, Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 241 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
a) Should i stick to the same size i.e. 205/60 R16.
Also would appreciate feedback on upsizing to 205/65 R16. It appears to be cheaper . Does the change in size impact the Warranty, FE, Drive ?
dpkbehera is offline  
Old 28th April 2022, 17:24   #383
BHPian
 
dpkbehera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Hyderabad, Pune
Posts: 381
Thanked: 241 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
I have a Ford Ecosport Titanium TDCi (2016). I have the stock MRF tyres which needs to be replaced after running for nearly 57000km . Car is mostly used for city driving with a few road trips in-between. Few questions here i.e.
a) Should i stick to the same size i.e. 205/60 R16.
b) Any recommended brands? Looking for value for money options.
c) Any feedback about online tyre vendors like TyreNMore , Tyrelelo etc
Finalized Yokohama 205/60 r16 earth-1 92v tubeless car tyre. The other contender was Good Year. Looks like TyreNMore is the best online tyre vendor. But went ahead with a store i.e. Ashoka Wheels Madhapur. Service was top notch. Also the prices offered were much better.
dpkbehera is offline  
Old 7th August 2022, 12:22   #384
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 28
Thanked: 30 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Dear Friends,
I have planned to change all the 4 tyres in my Ford Ecosport Titanium(dec2019/50000kms)and my drive is 90% on highways and sometimes in ghat sections too. Can you suggest a all terrain tyres with good side walls, less noise, comfort, long lasting ones and will it be a good idea if I upgrade to 205/65/R16. My present tyres are goodyear 205/60R16.
Kindly post your views for me to take a firm decision.
Organic Chlorin is offline  
Old 8th August 2022, 11:22   #385
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 210
Thanked: 640 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic Chlorin View Post
Dear Friends,
I have planned to change all the 4 tyres in my Ford Ecosport Titanium(dec2019/50000kms)and my drive is 90% on highways and sometimes in ghat sections too. Can you suggest a all terrain tyres with good side walls, less noise, comfort, long lasting ones and will it be a good idea if I upgrade to 205/65/R16. My present tyres are goodyear 205/60R16.
Kindly post your views for me to take a firm decision.
Hello

For one, you do not need all terrain tyres for ghat roads, these are required only for off-road applications. You'll find these tyres extremely noisy on the highway, where you mentioned that your majority usage is.

4 suggestions -

1. Conti UC6 - a favourite of BHPians here and has low noise, good comfort and traction. Since it is a new product, expected life in km is yet to be reported, but you can assume that it will be in the medium level - not high, not low

2. Yoko Earth 1 - Hard wearing compound that gives good life, with a slight compromise on comfort compared to UC6 but compensated by much higher expected life

3. Bridgestone Dueler HP Sport - This is a truly all round product - though not popular on this forum. It used to come as stock tyres in the previous gen Creta. It is a very balanced tyre - may not excel in any one performance parameter (like Earth 1 does in tyre life and UC6 does in comfort and noise) but will offer better than average performance in all

4. Apollo Apterra Cross - More cost effective option than the above 3, with USPs being low noise, comfort and traction. It comes as the stock tyre in the new Alacazar.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 17:33   #386
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 28
Thanked: 30 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Hello

For one, you do not need all terrain tyres for ghat roads, these are required only for off-road applications. You'll find these tyres extremely noisy on the highway, where you mentioned that your majority usage is.

4 suggestions -
Thanks mate and how is Yokohama Bluearth RV-02 in terms of quality, noise, comfort and durability in comparison to UC6 and Earth1?
Organic Chlorin is offline  
Old 8th August 2022, 18:35   #387
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 210
Thanked: 640 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic Chlorin View Post
Thanks mate and how is Yokohama Bluearth RV-02 in terms of quality, noise, comfort and durability in comparison to UC6 and Earth1?
BluEarth and UC6 are similar products, only thing is UC6 has been around in our market far longer. Earth 1 is always going to give a higher mileage than the others at the cost of slightly poorer noise and comfort than both UC6 and BluEarth
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2022, 08:59   #388
BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 28
Thanked: 30 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
Apologies for the late reply. I still have about 35-40% tread left on my 205/60 UC6s after almost 40k km, so haven't tried any new tyres. I believe there might be a slight drop in FE owing to the heavier tyres, but don't quote me on it. My next set will definitely be 205/65s.
Hi DrAkash, I've been reading your post for sometime and since you have experience in both Conti as well as Yoko can you give your opinion as I'm confused between UC6, Yoko-RV-02, GT-Ae51. My drive mostly will be highways(90%) with some rough pot hole filled roads and city as well. I'm worried about sidewalls, noise, comfort and longevity. Mine is Ecosport titanium diesel 2019.Though othersfriends in this forum had responded I'm still eager to know from a user
Organic Chlorin is offline  
Old 9th August 2022, 09:44   #389
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Rohtak
Posts: 78
Thanked: 101 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organic Chlorin View Post
Hi DrAkash, I've been reading your post for sometime and since you have experience in both Conti as well as Yoko can you give your opinion as I'm confused between UC6, Yoko-RV-02, GT-Ae51. My drive mostly will be highways(90%) with some rough pot hole filled roads and city as well. I'm worried about sidewalls, noise, comfort and longevity. Mine is Ecosport titanium diesel 2019.Though othersfriends in this forum had responded I'm still eager to know from a user
Hello!
As per my Yoko dealer, RV02 has been discontinued so any stock you find will be old, probably. Now among RV02 and UC6, I'd buy the Conti every single time. It's simply a better tyre in almost every aspect.
Have no experience with AE51 but the earlier AE50 was rated lower than RV02 on Yoko's own website so there's that.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 10:18   #390
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Rohtak
Posts: 78
Thanked: 101 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
BluEarth and UC6 are similar products, only thing is UC6 has been around in our market far longer. Earth 1 is always going to give a higher mileage than the others at the cost of slightly poorer noise and comfort than both UC6 and BluEarth
It's the other way round actually. BluEarth has been in the market for much longer than UC6. I got the newly launched UC6 In Dec 2020, i was probably the first documented UC6 user on forum back then. By then I had already driven BluEarth RV02 for about 2 years and just over 60k km.
I have covered over 54k km on UC6 at the time of writing this post. Tyres could easily do another 10k but I'll change them once i hit the 60k mark. So, tyre life is more or less identical to RV02.
RV02 got a bit noisy towards the end of its life. No such issues with the UC6.
DrAakash is offline   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks