Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2023, 20:45   #421
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 992
Thanked: 2,835 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi all, I own a 4.5 year old ecosport s tdci. It's done 33000 kms till date and was looking to upgrade the tyre size.

Current tyre size - 205/50/R17 Bridgestone ecopia

Wishlist - 205/55/R17 - Ceat secura or Goodyear triplax 2

Query- Will upsizing the sidewall size from 50 to 55 affect the handling or acceleration or the mileage of the car negatively? The width of tyre and rim size would remain same.

If no, which tyre should I proceed with Ceat secura or Goodyear triple max ?

Priority - ride comfort, should be long lasting, low tyre noise, in that order.
07CR is offline  
Old 25th January 2023, 00:01   #422
BHPian
 
NA-driver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Location: Greno
Posts: 34
Thanked: 36 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Priority - ride comfort, should be long lasting, low tyre noise, in that order.
Instead of 205/55/R17, you can go for 215/45/R17 or 215/50/R17 as there are way more options and better quality tyres available.

For example - Michelin, Continental, Vredestein, Yokohama etc.
NA-driver is offline  
Old 25th January 2023, 07:01   #423
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Pune
Posts: 992
Thanked: 2,835 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by NA-driver View Post
Instead of 205/55/R17, you can go for 215/45/R17 or 215/50/R17 as there are way more options and better quality tyres available.

For example - Michelin, Continental, Vredestein, Yokohama etc.
The tyres could be good, however going for 215 will impact the acceleration and the Mileage with a wider contact patch. Don't want either to be impacted. Hence only looking for reviews on 205/55/R17.

I recently came across MRF wanderers sport too having the same profile. How good are these in comparison to my above choices ?
07CR is offline  
Old 27th January 2023, 13:42   #424
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 210
Thanked: 622 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Hi all, I own a 4.5 year old ecosport s tdci. It's done 33000 kms till date and was looking to upgrade the tyre size.

Current tyre size - 205/50/R17 Bridgestone ecopia

Wishlist - 205/55/R17 - Ceat secura or Goodyear triplax 2

Query- Will upsizing the sidewall size from 50 to 55 affect the handling or acceleration or the mileage of the car negatively? The width of tyre and rim size would remain same.

If no, which tyre should I proceed with Ceat secura or Goodyear triple max ?

Priority - ride comfort, should be long lasting, low tyre noise, in that order.
Hi, I had suggested the size 215/55R17 to a fellow BHPian. They will be taller than the 205/55R17s and will offer a more cushioned ride in comparison to your 205/50R17s. Have quoted the relevant posts below:-

Would suggest that you go with one of the 3 options I had mentioned below, possibly adding MRF Wanderer Street to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
205/50s are notorious for giving a lot of problems, check out this thread - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...-r17-size.html (Ford EcoSport Facelift: Tyre bulging issue (R17 size))

I would suggest that you go for 215/55R17s, itís only a 2.4% increase in diameter compared to the 205/60R16s and will not foul with the wheel arches.

You can go for Yoko BluEarth GT, Conti UC6s or Vredestein Ultrac Vortis in this size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manish_symc View Post
Thanks to RubberGuru1113 for helping me in selecting tyres for my Ecosport. I have replaced all four tyres with Bridgestone Turanza T001 215/55/R17. These are not brand new tyres but have done around 200kms. Manufacturing date is Mayí22 and paint mark is still visible. Checked bead region to make sure that there is no cut or bend. I paid Rs 7000/ per tyre whereas new tyre price is Rs 11500/.
RubberGuru1113 is offline  
Old 13th February 2023, 20:54   #425
Senior - BHPian
 
gururajrv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: KA 01-09
Posts: 1,172
Thanked: 2,259 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi Guys. Need information for a friend who owns an Ecosport. He is in the market for a wheel upgrade and has Neo wheels shortlisted. I haven't heard much about this brand. Wanted to understand if anyone is familiar or have first hand experience with the alloy wheel brand? How's the quality of this product?
gururajrv is offline  
Old 26th February 2023, 01:13   #426
BHPian
 
jampot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 38 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I want to share my tyre change story hoping it will help someone with their decision.

Last month, during annual service, the Cauvery Ford SA advised to get the tyres changed. The tyres were factory fitted in 2013 and 42k on the ODO. I was not so sure if it is worth the expense, since I'm planning to upgrade my car soon (you don't get extra value for new tyres during resale). But with delivery schedules of new cars these days it's difficult say if I can get the new car within this year.

Last week I took it to nearby tyre store for annual WB/WA, their advisor also suggested changing the tyres to due cracks showing due to hardness and also wobbly test drive. I was convinced that safety was at stake so I decided not to delay it further.

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-mrfstocktire.jpg

I switched to Yoko Earth1 in the stock size (205/60/R16) for 7450/- each and 600 for balancing (fitting and WA was free). I was getting a cheaper quote near my place but shop owner was mostly busy on phone (also kept insisting that Yoko was the worst tyre for Indian roads and JK was the best ). In the end, I decided to use SGR Cars at RR Nagar for a better experience.

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-yoko205.jpg

The advisor also convinced me to get the Rogerab suspension modulator (6080/- for 4).

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-rogerab.jpg

This was done two days back and immediately I felt a different kind of ride. It was almost like I was driving a different car altogether. I did a day trip to Srirangapatna to test the tyres and the new expressway. Here are my observations.
- The grip is absolutely stunning
- Braking distance reduced significantly
- Absolutely stable in the corners
- Almost no body roll, compared to earlier
- Far less noisy. Able to hear music even at volume 7 on highway speed (earlier couldn't hear it below 12-13).
- More power on tap*

* This is something I didn't expect. For last two years or so, I was used to using the sport mode at every incline and during overtaking. During the whole ride to Srirangapatna and back I didn't need to use the sport mode even once!

If I knew new tyres can make so much difference I would have done it at least two years back. I am not only embarrassed but also ashamed of myself for not giving it importance earlier.

Last edited by jampot : 26th February 2023 at 01:18.
jampot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2023, 17:07   #427
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22
Thanked: 20 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi all I have a 2018 ecosport titanium optional. Both my fronts have gone for a toss and i have been looking for a replacement. Please suggest the make and the model of tyre i should go to, is the upgrade to R215 worth it or should I stick to stock. Please suggest the brand keeping in view I have a little running the car has only clocked 40k and I am a fan for VFM quotient. Also should I replace the fronts which are the trouble makers or all 4. Will replacing front 2 have any impact on the overall drivability and reliability?
kaak009 is offline  
Old 4th March 2023, 23:57   #428
BHPian
 
Samfromindia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kolkata - Pune
Posts: 616
Thanked: 2,399 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaak009 View Post
Hi all I have a 2018 ecosport titanium optional. Both my fronts have gone for a toss and i have been looking for a replacement. Please suggest the make and the model of tyre i should go to, is the upgrade to R215 worth it or should I stick to stock. Please suggest the brand keeping in view I have a little running the car has only clocked 40k and I am a fan for VFM quotient. Also should I replace the fronts which are the trouble makers or all 4. Will replacing front 2 have any impact on the overall drivability and reliability?
If front tyres have lost tread more, that means proper rotation wasn't done. Assuming you are still using stock OEM tires which are 5 Yrs old, its recommended to change all 4, preferably 5. Regarding VFM, try to get better deal by shopping around. I got my Michelin Primacy 4ST which are considered to be one of the best @ 6800 / tyre x 5. More details on the post here :

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post4624740 (Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread)

Ecosport is already over tyred, so unless you are going for looks of looking for a off-road AT one, there is no great reason to upsize.

The Earth 1 is a VFM tyre, however the prices quoted by the Bhpian above seems to be very high.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 09:55   #429
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 210
Thanked: 622 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaak009 View Post
Hi all I have a 2018 ecosport titanium optional. Both my fronts have gone for a toss and i have been looking for a replacement. Please suggest the make and the model of tyre i should go to, is the upgrade to R215 worth it or should I stick to stock. Please suggest the brand keeping in view I have a little running the car has only clocked 40k and I am a fan for VFM quotient. Also should I replace the fronts which are the trouble makers or all 4. Will replacing front 2 have any impact on the overall drivability and reliability?
Hello. Just to clarify, does your car come with 205/50R17 or 205/60R16? If itís the former, I would exhort you to upgrade to 215/55R17, 205/50 is a size which is notoriously damage prone. If itís the latter, itís better to stick to the original size.

In case it is the 205/60R16, a VFM option would be the JK Ranger H/T or the Ceat SecuraDrive - both of which come with unconditional warranty, which means in case of any mishap, youíll get a replacement tyre after paying a small nominal charge for the amount of usage the tyre has gone through. A more premium option which will still cost less than the Michelins is the Conti UC6, which is one of the forumís favourite tyres and you can find the thread littered with happy reviews.

In case it is the 215/55R17s, I would suggest again the Ceat Securadrive and the Continental UC6 depending on your bandwidth.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 12:23   #430
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 22
Thanked: 20 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Hello. Just to clarify, does your car come with 205/50R17 or 205/60R16? If itís the former, I would exhort you to upgrade to 215/55R17, 205/50 is a size which is notoriously damage prone. If itís the latter, itís better to stick to the original size.

In case it is the 205/60R16, a VFM option would be the JK Ranger H/T or the Ceat SecuraDrive - both of which come with unconditional warranty, which means in case of any mishap, youíll get a replacement tyre after paying a small nominal charge for the amount of usage the tyre has gone through. A more premium option which will still cost less than the Michelins is the Conti UC6, which is one of the forumís favourite tyres and you can find the thread littered with happy reviews.

In case it is the 215/55R17s, I would suggest again the Ceat Securadrive and the Continental UC6 depending on your bandwidth.
I have the one with r16, but yeah my original goodyears failed on sidewalls basically.
kaak009 is offline  
Old 5th March 2023, 14:08   #431
BHPian
 
jampot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 35
Thanked: 38 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
The Earth 1 is a VFM tyre, however the prices quoted by the Bhpian above seems to be very high.
I am not too sure I paid 'very high' price for the Yoko tyres. I did shop around a bit. The Bridestone shop in Kanakapura Road quoted 8.5k each plus services while a nearby shop quoted 7k (with free WA/WB, but in a different place).

I could have shopped around more spending extra time+petrol and it may have been worth saving about 2k. I just wanted save my time and spare myself of the trouble for a much better experience, at the cost of fuel for a week.

No offense but even the cheapest shop may not sell those Michelins for less than 8.5k today (at least in Bangalore), for which you paid 6.8k in 2019.
jampot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 22:18   #432
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Gurgaon
Posts: 210
Thanked: 622 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampot View Post
I am not too sure I paid 'very high' price for the Yoko tyres.
Tyre prices have gone up a lot post Covid. Sam’s post was from 2019. That would also explain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaak009 View Post
I have the one with r16, but yeah my original goodyears failed on sidewalls basically.
All the more reason you should definitely go for the JKs or Ceats which have unconditional warranty.

Last edited by RubberGuru1113 : 5th March 2023 at 22:24.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2023, 14:06   #433
Newbie
 
AltrozGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2023
Location: Thane
Posts: 17
Thanked: 6 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
Replaced the stock 17" Bridgestone Ecopia's after 44k km with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 in the same stock size (205/50 R17).
Hi Tarun,

How has been the performance of Michelin so far? I am looking to replace the stock R17 Bridgestone on 2018 Ecosport as well

Any issues of tyre bulging etc on it? How's the ride on pothole roads?

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 14th March 2023 at 14:14.
AltrozGuy is offline  
Old 14th March 2023, 17:05   #434
Senior - BHPian
 
fiat_tarun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pune / Mysore
Posts: 1,778
Thanked: 3,044 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AltrozGuy View Post
Hi Tarun,

How has been the performance of Michelin so far?...
The Michelins have been great. Am at 60k now and have had no issues. I managed to get one nicked on the sidewall attempting some off-roading that had sharp stones but I wouldn't blame the tyre for that. It's still fine but have moved that to the spare to be on the safer side.

Noticeable improvements were felt with noise and ride quality over the stock Ecopia's.

The only thing is now Michelin's have gotten quite expensive at 12k a tyre. I think Conti UC6 and Vredestein are also now available in 205/50r17, so you can consider them as well.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2023, 12:15   #435
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Greater Noida
Posts: 25
Thanked: 9 Times
Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Though I visit our forum regularly, my posts have been infrequent, the main reason being I am a learner and find that wherever I can contribute from my limited experience, that has already been done by a more knowledgeable member!

Now to my query. My ride is a 2018 model and it's company recommended tyre pressure on full load is 35 PSI front and 41 PSI at the rear. The manuals that I came across of others cars, none had such a pressure recommendation where the rear tyres had to be so much higher. Either they were identical or, higher at the front.

Can one of our learned members explain the reason behind this rationale?
Subroto is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks