Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2013, 19:00   #16
BHPian

re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

I think Trendline is the real VFM and many people are going to look for wheel and tire upgrade.

GTO, can you please have a special advisory for recommended alloys and tires for this?
Old 26th June 2013, 20:00   #17
BHPian

Now that the prices are out, I have some wiggle room to spend on accessories. I'm planning for the ecoboost titanium (o). If I end up with the MRFs (not much control me / dealer should have), I think it is best to replace them immediately. I'm not keen on up-sizing, I just want the best possible replacement in the same tire size - 205/60/R16. Any help, please?
Old 27th June 2013, 11:37   #18
BHPian

Try and get them to give you a car shod with Goodyear Assurance tyres. You can avoid losing money on brand new (the stock MRF's) tyres when you go in for an exchange.
Old 27th June 2013, 13:29   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasavaTyres View Post
Try and get them to give you a car shod with Goodyear Assurance tyres. You can avoid losing money on brand new (the stock MRF's) tyres when you go in for an exchange.
Spoke to the dealer and he said he cannot ensure that the car I get will be shod with goodyears, especially because the ecoboost allocations are very low.

I need to be prepared to deal with the possibility that I'll get a car with the MRFs. Is it that we do not have a good choice for the OEM size of 205/60/R16? Do we get a better choice in 225/55/R16 size? (apprehensive because GTO's recommendation is to not go wider)
Old 27th June 2013, 14:37   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

If you get Assurance as standard, why waste money on changing it? They are good as it is.

Also, you guys are discusssing car tyres. They may not hold up well to abuse on an SUV.

The Michelin Primacy LC and the Yoko V550 and dB and AVS series are all soft compound tyres. The Assurance is more rugged and durable in my opinion.

If there is enough clearance, you can think of 215/65-16 in Michelin Latitude Tour HP which is a fantastic all round tyre. It's almost an A/T tyre.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2013, 18:52   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
If you get Assurance as standard, why waste money on changing it? They are good as it is.

Also, you guys are discusssing car tyres. They may not hold up well to abuse on an SUV.

The Michelin Primacy LC and the Yoko V550 and dB and AVS series are all soft compound tyres. The Assurance is more rugged and durable in my opinion.

If there is enough clearance, you can think of 215/65-16 in Michelin Latitude Tour HP which is a fantastic all round tyre. It's almost an A/T tyre.
Agreed, if I get GoodYear assurance, I'll surely keep them. Nothing better. My worry if with the MRFs.

I'll look to upsize only if none of the available tyres in OEM size are acceptable. Any feedback on Bridgestone MY02 / MY01 / Potenza-GIII / Pirelli P4 in size 205/60/R16?

Also, I don't think I'll do any serious off-roading (Ecosport doesn't have any serious offroading credentials, except for the high ground-clearance) and the worst would be unpaved / muddy roads. Have heard of soft walls on Michelin Primary LC, and bad wet-grip on Yokohama ES501, so maybe they're not a good choice.
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 02:06   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by urajkumar View Post
... but if i choose the 1.5 Trend, I only get the 195/65 R15 as the stock tyres and I was wondering if i could upgrade to a bigger and better one.

Can i then at least get the 205 / 60 R16 since it is anyway offered in the higher versions (that should not void the warranty right)? ....
This is something I have noticed across manufacturers, lower and top variants with different tyre specs, never really understood the logic.

Theoretically, yes it should be fine as they offer the same spec on the higher variant. So obviously the car would have been tested with that spec. BUT, going by their current oppurtunist tactics of mandatory accessories and all, don't be surprised if the dealer tries to pin any suspension issues on the aftermarket wheels/tyres!
Old 6th July 2013, 05:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisrujan View Post
Agreed, if I get GoodYear assurance, I'll surely keep them. Nothing better. My worry if with the MRFs.
I have personally driven both tyres on the ecosport, MRF s are bad, I got lucky and my ecosport titanium opt had good years on them.The ride, handling and comfort are all good as I have done around 1300 kms since I took the delivery on 26th june.:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20130706wa0002.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20130706wa0002.jpg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 6th July 2013 at 09:13. Reason: Fixing quote tag
ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2013, 09:47   #24
BANNED

I'm surprised no body mentioned this model before, but I am thinking of replacing the stock 16" with the same sized Bridgestone Potenza GIII . These aren't as soft as the LC and I have used the same range in my Honda city before and they perform very well (that was of course a smaller size). But still are high performance tyres than the ZV2K.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 04:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

I have finally upgraded my ecosport tyres to yokohama db series (es 501)205 60 R16 today after nine days and 1300km of serious thought.The good years were better than MRFs but I was yearning for something more and I decided on yokos because they had been very faithful and fantastic on my honda civic.

Kudos to GTO for advising against tire size upgrade and go for a better company in the stock size.

We immediately went on a 50 km drive on the ring road.
The benefits noted were:

1) substantial reduction in fish tailing(tried it on good years earlier)
2) better composed response on pot holes so better overall comfort.
3) felt solidly planted on high speed cornering
4)fuel efficiency on mid same as goodyear assurance.
5) steering handling, precision improved and felt weighted better than before
6)over all the ecosport felt more solid
7) increase in confidance when pushing around
8) surprisingly the tires looked more beefy inspite of not upgrading the size which added to the overall personality of the vehicle.
9) could not appreciate any difference in braking response.

Will update more experience with more pictures, for now excuse me for the picture quality from my mobile.

Hope it helps

Could anybody share about the weight difference between yoko dbs and good year assurance ?

Also are the yokohama Es.501 considered more sticky than goodyear assurance? And how is ES.501 different from the yoko 550V?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20130707wa0009.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20130707wa0008.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2013, 21:20   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
I have finally upgraded my ecosport tyres to yokohama db series (es 501)205 60 R16 today after nine days and 1300km of serious thought.The good years were better than MRFs but I was yearning for something more and I decided on yokos because they had been very faithful and fantastic on my honda civic.

Kudos to GTO for advising against tire size upgrade and go for a better company in the stock size.
Thanks for the input! I'm most probably going to get my ecoboost titanium(o) this Wednesday and I'm praying I don't get the MRFs. I think I'll be happy with the GoodYears.

Could you please help me with how much you've paid for the new tyre and what price was offered for the stock tyres? Where did you get the new tyres fitted?

Also, what's your feedback on the front and rear bumper appliques, and the sporty pedals? I plan to get them fitted too.
Old 7th July 2013, 23:52   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the input! I'm most probably going to get my ecoboost titanium(o) this Wednesday and I'm praying I don't get the MRFs. I think I'll be happy with the GoodYears.

Could you please help me with how much you've paid for the new tyre and what price was offered for the stock tyres? Where did you get the new tyres fitted?

Also, what's your feedback on the front and rear bumper appliques, and the sporty pedals? I plan to get them fitted too.
Hi sai srujan,
Congrats on the ecoboost .which colour and dealer have you finalised?
Difference amount for five tyres was 22k( complementary wheel fitment,balancing, nitrogen filling)
Think it was at stunners, kavuri hills right opposite new Vamshi rams commercial complex
I usually go there for nitrogen filling and never saw the name
Both the appliques look great, attaching some pics.
Keep us posted about your car.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20130707wa0014.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20130707wa0015.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img20130707wa0020.jpg  

ecosport rules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 12:16   #28
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The car is looking great! Do you know the OE alloy specs - ??J/PCD ?
Old 8th July 2013, 12:25   #29
BANNED

Quote:

Thanks for the input! I'm most probably going to get my ecoboost titanium(o) this Wednesday
Could you please share your booking date and the day the car was allocated to you. I am also booked in for an EcoBoost Titanium (O).
Thanks
Old 8th July 2013, 13:32   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Hi sai srujan,
Congrats on the ecoboost .which colour and dealer have you finalised?
Thanks for the info.

It's going to be a diamond white and I've gone with Fortune Ford, Tolichowki. Will keep you posted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Could you please share your booking date and the day the car was allocated to you. I am also booked in for an EcoBoost Titanium (O).
Thanks
I've booked on June 13, and I guess the car got billed to the dealer on the 30th. Waiting for the car to reach Hyderabad.

Mine is definitely not the first ecoboost titanium (o) delivered in Hyd - I've seen an ecoboost being prepped for delivery last weekend.
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks