Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2016, 08:21   #151
BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
This is the right size for a Duster, Terrano, Yeti etc.
I think it just may be a little large for an EcoSport - might rub against the wheel arches while turning.
Be careful while making your choice. Even Im very tempted to find a 225/65/16 size tyre but am worried it will rub against the wheel arches in my Yeti. Hence am coming around to the 215/65/16 which itself is a bit larger than the existing stock tyres which are 215/60/16.
Stock size for the ecosport ti is 205/60/16 so 215/65 might not be a problem I think since your are just adding 10mm to width and 5mm to height.

What I'd like to know is if geolanders wear too much if used on tarmac more often.

Any help would be appreciated before I take the plunge guys. Thanks.
Old 28th March 2016, 00:00   #152
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro.1000bhp View Post
Stock size for the ecosport ti is 205/60/16 so 215/65 might not be a problem I think since your are just adding 10mm to width and 5mm to height.

What I'd like to know is if geolanders wear too much if used on tarmac more often.

Which tyre upgrade have you finally opted for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Got the vehicle today. Went for the Turanza ER 370 mentioned above., especially given the harder compound and stiffer sidewalls compared to Michelin 3PST . Will further update on the tyre after crunching some miles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
. However, I am told that in the stock size, fresh stock of the same is not available. Only option will be to go for Turanza GR 90 in the size 215/60/16. The difference is within the recommended limit (1.84%). Will it be advisable to go for it? Will that affect my warranty? Please advise.

How is the performance of the Turanza?

I recently upgraded my tyres to 215/60/16(Yokohama aspec)(stock - Yokohama db 205/60/16)
Quite happy with the extra cushioning provided by the higher side wall than the stock.
Error on the speedometre and odometre is negligible .

Attached a comparison chart
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-421336722_94408.jpg  

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-422107010_32835.jpg  

Last edited by ecosport rules : 28th March 2016 at 00:06.
Old 28th March 2016, 12:46   #153
fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
Proof of the Pudding is as they say in the eating.

Went with Pirelli P7 Cinturato 225/55-R16 99W XL Tyres.

I would never do 160+ in the Ecosport

Hi!
May you please give me the EU Tyre Label and/or the UTQG rating of the tyre!
Additionally, how are the tyres treating you may I ask ?

Also PLEASE do elaborate why you would never do 160+ in the EcoSport !!?
Please do enlghten me! No condescension meant!!

Thank You!!
Old 29th March 2016, 14:30   #154
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry View Post
Hi!
May you please give me the EU Tyre Label and/or the UTQG rating of the tyre!
Additionally, how are the tyres treating you may I ask ?

Also PLEASE do elaborate why you would never do 160+ in the EcoSport !!?
Please do enlghten me! No condescension meant!!

Thank You!!
Tyres are doing well at about 12,000 kms now. Have been grippy and comfortable. They do whistle a bit on Expressway type concrete roads.

Been a while so don't remember the context of the 160k comment. I am a fast driver in general but do listen to the vehicle. So while I have done faster speeds in other more stable sedans (Mercs, Skoda etc.) I have frankly not felt comfortable beyond 140kmph in the Ecosport or other SUV's. It tend to be around 120 -140 max when the road is clear. Do go upto about 150 occasionally on the expressway before coming back down below 140. Maybe am growing old. It is about the feel a vehicle gives.

Had given the Tyre details, speed ratings etc plus snaps when I posted about them earlier.
Old 18th April 2016, 17:00   #155
BHPian

Is there anyone using the stock Good Year Assurance 16" Tyres.

I am looking at understanding the ideal tire pressure for all the tires. I could see that my RHS rear wheel has lost the thread more towards its edges than any other tires on my car.

Is it a tire inflation issue or with the alignment. I currently run on 30 PSI on all the tires for a softer ride.
Old 13th May 2016, 13:11   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikash49 View Post
I have exacty the same query!

A friend is expecting delivery of his Ambienette 1.5L Petrol by end of May. He is a manager at a Tea Garden and has to regularly deal with unpaved roads which do turn slippery in the rains (not offroading!). So he was looking at getting some AT Tyres that would deal better with the slush!

This trim comes with 195/65R15 as stock tyres.

He is looking to upgrade to the 205/70 R15 Yokohama Geolander AT-S:

Attachment 1238085

Attachment 1238084

Attachment 1238083

This would be a 5.2% increase in wheel diameter compared to stock size which sounds a bit too much! However, increase in wheel diameter would only be 2.3% if we compare with the Titanium's 205/60 R16 stock tires.

The sidewall height would increase by 17mm from 126.75mm to 143.75mm, resulting in improved ride quality and increased ground clearance!

On paper, this looks all good:

+ Much better grip on muddy unpaved roads
+ Increased ground clearance from 205 to 220+ mm
+ Improved ride quality due to increased sidewall height
+ Better aesthetics & more SUVish looks

But, has anybody done this before? Is this doable? Any cons?
Did you friend try this ?
Old 19th May 2016, 18:22   #157
BANNED

Hi guys,

Just got delivery of an ecosport at. Which will be the most comfortable with soft ride quality and silent/quiet tyre in the stock size?

Thanks.
Old 20th May 2016, 00:34   #158
BHPian

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by rana_kirti View Post
Hi guys,

Just got delivery of an ecosport at. Which will be the most comfortable with soft ride quality and silent/quiet tyre in the stock size?

Thanks.

Hi,
You could consider the Michelin primacy. Ticks all boxes although on the expensive side it'll transform the car.
Continental PC5 would be another option.

Last edited by GranvilleDsouza : 20th May 2016 at 00:39.
Old 31st May 2016, 19:40   #159
BHPian

Hi All ;
Myself and my colleague who is not a part of this forum booked the 1.5 Dsl Titanium verson and we are about to get delivery probably at the end of this week , we have seen our car in person and it has been factory fitted with the MRF tyres , now my driving every day to my factory is about 37 kms out of which at least first 20 kms on the return journey is very bad so asking my fellow Bhpian's what could we look out as an alternative which is the best of comfort as well as very good sidewall support
Old 31st May 2016, 22:10   #160
BHPian

I installed 205/70 R15 Yokohama Geolander AT in my EcoSport yesterday. Tyres are quite tall but they are no where touching the inner walls.

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20160531_194608.jpg

Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-img_20160531_164708391.jpg

The height is now - 205 * 70% = 143 mm
The height was before - 195 * 65% = 126.75 mm

The difference is 16.25 mm.

These are heavy tires than my previous Goodyears hence there is a noticeable drop in acceleration. I couldn't checked how much because I don't have a tachometer. Many bhpian have advised to expect drop in mileage and breaking. I will be on a road trip to the Himalayas next weekend. Let's see how the tires perform.
Uprasenjit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 23:02   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkat View Post
Hi All ;
Myself and my colleague who is not a part of this forum booked the 1.5 Dsl Titanium verson and we are about to get delivery probably at the end of this week , we have seen our car in person and it has been factory fitted with the MRF tyres , now my driving every day to my factory is about 37 kms out of which at least first 20 kms on the return journey is very bad so asking my fellow Bhpian's what could we look out as an alternative which is the best of comfort as well as very good sidewall support
I got my Ecosport last week with MRF tyres. Have done about 100kms on it through bad city roads, wet patches, & waterlogged areas. I was initially sceptic about the handling etcetera, but have to say so far I'm impressed.

The tyres aren't behaving any different to the Turanzas I had on my Santro. Wet grip is good, eats up potholes & bad roads very well. Slightly on the bouncier side, but not too bad altogether.

I've postponed my tyre upgrade plan for a few months basis my read in the last week.

Also, I've been told the suspension takes some time to settle in, so better to take a call on tyre uograde after a few hundred kms.

All the best!
kumar_gautam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 18:52   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
I installed 205/70 R15 Yokohama Geolander AT in my EcoSport yesterday.

The difference is 16.25 mm.

These are heavy tires than my previous Goodyears hence there is a noticeable drop in acceleration. I couldn't checked how much because I don't have a tachometer.
Congrats ! I think you are the first person or Bhpian to install an AT Tyre on Ecosport If everything works out well this can be a real boon for all the road trips. I hope the tyre manufacturers comes up with AT tyres for these crossover models as mostly the available tyres for Ecosport are targeted towards premium sedan buyers like Primacy ST. People buying crossovers might be interested in doing some mild off-roading and going over broken paths and AT tyres will come handy for those people. Duster is having AT option for its stock size, hope the manufacturers come up with the stock size for Ecosport, given there may be so many potential buyers for the same due to the popularity of this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumar_gautam View Post
I got my Ecosport last week with MRF tyres. Have done about 100kms on it through bad city roads, wet patches, & waterlogged areas. I was initially sceptic about the handling etcetera, but have to say so far I'm impressed.
I have no idea why the whole community here loves to hate the MRF ZV2K & prefer the Goodyear's or just upgrade to an expensive set of rubber. Initially i was also having the same impression after reading so many negative reviews and was disheartened when i found that my car came with MRFs. However i didn't upgrade due to lack of Vitamin M. 30,000Km later i am glad i got the MRFs !
  • I did over 15 road trips so far including the notoriously bad NH34 & the hills of Siliguri-Darjeeling. I only have puncture on 1 tyre so far with 2 nails (at around 22k km)
  • Grip levels seem to be good overall, i never found any lack of traction in any of my drives.
  • I always drive my car at the highest possible speeds on empty highways (which i wont mention here as per forum rules) and never had issues with grip levels & the car was firmly planted on the road which gave me the confidence to push it to its limits.

The only downer seems to be the road noise which is not much of a bother if you roll up windows and keep AC on. That being said do you know the MRF is actually more costlier than the Goodyears ? (around 1k/tyre more). So in case you exchange the stock tyre you get more discount compared with Goodyears. You are actually gaining more if you get the MRFs ! My friend & fellow Bhpian Uprasenjit has very bad experience with Goodyears, so bad that he had to sell 5 sets of 18k old tyres for a measly 1500, and got himself a AT tyre. In case you are driving the car within city limits & on tarmac it may not matter much, but in case you are doing road trips & goin to encounter rocky terrain or bad patches of road make sure you get yourself a strong rubber like MRF or some AT ones with strong sidewalls.
Samfromindia is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2016, 22:19   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfromindia View Post
Congrats ! I think you are the first person or Bhpian to install an AT Tyre on Ecosport If everything works out well this can be a real boon for all the road trips. I hope the tyre manufacturers comes up with AT tyres for these crossover models as mostly the available tyres for Ecosport are targeted towards premium sedan buyers like Primacy ST. People buying crossovers might be interested in doing some mild off-roading and going over broken paths and AT tyres will come handy for those people. Duster is having AT option for its stock size, hope the manufacturers come up with the stock size for Ecosport, given there may be so many potential buyers for the same due to the popularity of this car.
Thank you Samfromindia and kumar_gautam for your advice I have decided to keep the MRF's and spend on something more added value to the car.
Old 11th July 2016, 09:43   #164
BHPian

My Ecosport (trend diesel) has now completed 30k on the Odometer and I am looking at a tire upgrade of 205 65 R15. I went through the full thread and was not able to conclusively find any answer. My usage is going to be 80% of (Mumbai) tarred roads and 20% (Konkan) u started roads. Any recommendations from people who have Ambient/Trend models and have upgraded?

Off topic: Just came back from a Leh trip and did some very bad patches on the Goodyear Assurance without a single puncture! People with Goodyear can skip the upgrade for sure!
Old 13th July 2016, 12:30   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
My Ecosport (trend diesel) has now completed 30k on the Odometer and I am looking at a tire upgrade of 205 65 R15. I went through the full thread and was not able to conclusively find any answer. My usage is going to be 80% of (Mumbai) tarred roads and 20% (Konkan) u started roads. Any recommendations from people who have Ambient/Trend models and have upgraded?

Off topic: Just came back from a Leh trip and did some very bad patches on the Goodyear Assurance without a single puncture! People with Goodyear can skip the upgrade for sure!
There are plenty of tires in this range which includes Yokohama, Hankook, Continental and many more. It would be difficult to choose one but I would suggest to choose from the one I have mentioned.

http://www.clicktyre.com/Search_tyre...tyreSizeRim=15

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks