Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2017, 10:51   #196
fry

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Has anyone upgraded to the new size available in the latest version of the Ecosport?
205/55 r17

Continental appears to have a "new fresh look" Indian website - along with a new selection of tires.

Unfortunately due to a bad jagged puncture on my MC5s - I need a fresh quartet of rubber.
Old 3rd May 2017, 13:21   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB311 View Post
I have been seeing a lot of Ecosports using Kenda Tyres in Delhi. I inquired the price for stock size and its just 3200 Rs. Any review on that ? As many of the fellow ecosport owners here might be aware of my Car's stock goodyears having 25 punctures, I am not sure if Michellines or continentals or Pirelli will survive the roads I use my cars on. Any leads on this (Puncture resistant, off road friendly tires) will be really appreciated.
I have been scouting for this too. My cousin has a kenda on his Figo.
Havent heard about any reviews on the same form Bhpians.
Old 3rd May 2017, 15:01   #198
BHPian

My MRF's are at 50k kilometers now and there's still a lot of tread left. I'm happy with them, not a single puncture in numerous long distance highway trips. Will keep them for about 8k more and then change.
Old 4th May 2017, 16:42   #199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by createrkid View Post
My MRF's are at 50k kilometers now and there's still a lot of tread left. I'm happy with them, not a single puncture in numerous long distance highway trips. Will keep them for about 8k more and then change.
Do you know the price of these tyres ? And would suggest not to upgrade to GY assurance if your are happy with MRFs
Old 5th May 2017, 09:28   #200
BHPian

Hi guys,

I took delivery of my Ecosport Titanium Diesel a month back. Since a lot of people here are looking at options to change their tires either when brand new or after run-in, I figured I'd share my experience as well.

When I went to select my car at the dealership yard, I was faced with an option of MRF vs. MRF. There were no Goodyear options in any of the cars they had in stock.

Finally selected a car with MRF (car had 17 km on Odometer). I immediately took it a known tire shop nearby (3 km from vehicle yard) and immediately swapped all 5 for Michelin Primacy 3ST tires (Stock size 205/60 R16) . I got the New tires at 8k per tire + MRF tires buyback at 4.5k per tire. Also got the balancing and alignment for free. This helped a lot in convincing the family for tire upgrade. During balancing, observed that all 4 alloys from wheel ends were well balanced by default and thus required around 40-50g total weight added per alloy. The spare was a shocking 85g out of balance. Finally tire shop guy assured that I can continue to use the 5 tire rotation method without any niggles.

The tire shop also immediately registered my tires online at the Michelin website for the 3 year warranty. I got a text message on my mobile confirming the same.

Now, coming to the performance part - I am completely satisfied with the silence in the cabin due to this tire change.

I have covered just under 2300 km till date and this is the first car in which my family dozed off happily during the highway trips. The tires themselves are good to use. I inflate nitrogen in my tires (debatable, but my personal choice). I maintained 35 PSI on all tires and found the ride to be good. During the recent highway trip (1200 km total), I set the tire pressure at 37 PSI as we were 5 adults on board with boot full of luggage. The grip is phenomenal and I was able to hold decent speeds through highway corners without any drama. I had to stomp on the brakes a couple of times due to highway jaywalkers. The tires performed well and made me feel confident. Am yet to test the wet grip, but am expecting them to be good as well.

The tires seem to be holding well so far and I expect at least 45-50k life with the 5 tire rotation method.

For anyone who needs silence and comfort at priorities, I genuinely will suggest Michelin Primacy 3ST.

Cheers & Safe Driving.
Surya-TJet is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th May 2017, 10:21   #201
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry View Post
Has anyone upgraded to the new size available in the latest version of the Ecosport?
205/55 r17

Continental appears to have a "new fresh look" Indian website - along with a new selection of tires.

Unfortunately due to a bad jagged puncture on my MC5s - I need a fresh quartet of rubber.
Just a little correction. Its 205/50 R17

But AFAIK, the european ecosport comes with 225/45 R17

Last edited by agambhandari : 5th May 2017 at 10:24.
Old 8th May 2017, 15:53   #202
BHPian

Hi

I want to change my stock tires for Ecosport Titatnium TDCI, the stock tires are Goodyear Assurance 205/60/R16. Have clocked 80,000 KM on the Odometer in last three years. Wanted good tire for offroading. Please suggest

Thanks,
Old 16th May 2017, 15:23   #203
BHPian

My Ecosport Titanium Diesel need Tyre change as it has clocked 82 K kilometers with the stock tyres. It was Good Year Assurance having 205 / 60 / R16. Need suggestion from experts as I will be using it for some off roading also. Have inquired with some of the dealer including Premji's at Thane. Premji has suggested to go for Michelin or Yokohama. Checked for Michelin and came to know that its good for highways and not for off roads as the side wall is a bit soft and can have cuts. According to him Yokohama DB ES501 would be good. Has any one used ES501 in Ecosoprt, Can I get the feedback on ES501.
Old 17th May 2017, 18:30   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max63 View Post
hecked for Michelin and came to know that its good for highways and not for off roads as the side wall is a bit soft and can have cuts. According to him Yokohama DB ES501 would be good. Has any one used ES501 in Ecosoprt, Can I get the feedback on ES501.
Also look for Firestone, which is a tad cheaper than the bridgestones. I am scouting for the same too.

Now I am gonna do a deep scout among : To garner the best rates among the dealers in Cochin.

Michelin Primacy
Yokohama DB ES501
Apollo Alnac 4G
Firestone
Kenda
Old 18th May 2017, 14:29   #205
BHPian

Just completed a quick scout in terms of replacement tyre for my Ecosport. I am planning to buy them using Bajaj Finserve EMI plan with 6% interest as the processing fee. Could you please suggest the best from this. 2015/60 R16

1. Michelin Primacy 3ST : 7,400 (Global Tyres) and 7,750 (DBS Tyres) per tyre
2. Yokohama Earth 1 : 5,850 (Global Tyres) This being an older tyre which is currently not in production was not there with many sellers, luckily they had this in stock.
3. Continental Contact MC5 : 6,050 (Global Tyres) Not so informed on this tyre.
4. Bridgestone Potenza : 7,100 (DBS Tyres) Brilliant looking tyre, no idea on its performance.

Few other points about my preferences :
1. I have had some real bad time with my Good Year Assurance. Road Noise, Punctures, Uneven Wear and Tear (Not so much on the tyre, but tough to maintain)
2. Ecosport has a not so comfortable suspension, so a tyre that can give more bit of comfort would be an added advantage.
3. Though I may not call off road, my car is often exposed to unpaved roads regularly.
4. Tyres could be put to all sort of surfaces, and also have regular high range drives with hair pins etc.
5. I am currently on 50K and I would expect the same or more from the Tyre which I am currently buying.

Added ones :
>>Yokohama Earth 1 is something I am very keen to know more on. I cannot find it on web, probably because they no longer make them. Loved the thread pattern, and I think they should be as good as the others in the list. Can you tell me on what to look for on these tyres since they are old ones ?

>> Continental also looks good, but I am not sure of its performance on our conditions. Any one using this ?

>> If I were to stretch my budget I may look at Potenza, just because of the looks. But they looked more sportier and not sure of its performance. Did not hear about many Ecosport Buyers using the same.

Looking forward to your comments. and Insights, as I have to get this ready before the monsoons starting this month end.
Old 5th June 2017, 13:12   #206
fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari View Post
Just a little correction. Its 205/50 R17

But AFAIK, the european ecosport comes with 225/45 R17
Thank You!
My EcoSport is "SuperChipped" and puts out 150 ish bhp - therefore, I would love to go to this EU Spec size..... BUT I don't want to mess with my warranty, etc.
So I will stick to Indian sizes in better rubber.

Internationally Pirelli has awesome scorpion AT tyres in this size as well....that would be perfect for me. Just wrote to pirelli to complain about their website.

Thanks again!
Old 5th June 2017, 17:34   #207
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fry View Post
Thank You!
My EcoSport is "SuperChipped" and puts out 150 ish bhp - therefore, I would love to go to this EU Spec size..... BUT I don't want to mess with my warranty, etc.
So I will stick to Indian sizes in better rubber.

Internationally Pirelli has awesome scorpion AT tyres in this size as well....that would be perfect for me. Just wrote to pirelli to complain about their website.

Thanks again!
A little OT

but finally found someone who modded the EcoBoost!! Could you share the experience, the cost and the new feel after the chip on another thread? Possibly the review one.
Old 23rd June 2017, 11:31   #208
BHPian

Has anyone used Firestone FR 500 for the Ford Ecosport Titanium. Thinking of changing it to Firestone for my Car The stock tires were 85k Km old and need replacement. Any idea about Firestone as a brand, quality of tires, its service etc.
Old 23rd June 2017, 13:44   #209
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max63 View Post
Any idea about Firestone as a brand, quality of tires, its service etc.
That is some mileage that you put on the stock tyres.

Firestone is by Bridgestone and they are positioned below Bridgestone' own Ecopia and the B290 range. Considering Ecopia and B290 are very average tyres where the main focus is on pricing and mileage, I wouldn't pick Firestone for an EcoSport.

Jeep Compass is shod with Firestone and the initial reviews point to a decent tyre, though not sure how it will be in the long term.

My pick will be the Michelin Primacy3ST for EcoSport in the stock size. The stiff suspension of the EcoSport goes well with Michelin.
Old 23rd June 2017, 14:41   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
That is some mileage that you put on the stock tyres.
The stiff suspension of the EcoSport goes well with Michelin.
Hi deetjohn, any information on Yokohama Earth1. I have not seen any bhpians using them on their Ecosport. But have found a couple of dealers offering the same from between 5850 to 6000 per tyre.

My stock is now on 48K might stay for another 2 - 5 K max. But its monsoons already !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks