Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 15:16   #226
BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
For those who aren't happy with the Ecosport's ride quality and want taller profile tyre there is just one option. The Goodyear Assurance Triple max in 205/65-16.

Hello Vid and nice folks at TBHP

So what is your suggestion for someone who is looking for a tyre with following priorities:

a. Comfort, AND equally important
b. Sidewall protection (To take on the extremely bad and broken roads of Bangalore)

There is no preference for brands and any price between 5-10 K is great.

My Goodyear assuarance is close to 40K done. I think now they are not doing too well on either Comfort or Protection (getting punctured) and the grip levels on muddy / gravel infested roads is poor.
Old 3rd January 2018, 22:13   #227
BHPian

Finally took the plunge and got my stock Goodyear replaced with Yoko Earth1. With 45k on the ODO, the thread depth on the Goodyear's were still pretty good. It was the recent spate of punchers that led me to make this change.
Too early to comment on comfort and road noise. Hope the yoko's would take the same abuse that the Goodyear took in over 4 years of ownership.

Last edited by sansvk : 3rd January 2018 at 22:15.
Old 3rd January 2018, 23:54   #228
Senior - BHPian

Guys got home new Ecosport and it has come shod with 17" Apollo Alnac 4G tyres . Have read mixed reviews about it. What is the opinion of the people here. Anyone experienced the tyre ?
Old 4th January 2018, 00:34   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordmanchau View Post
Guys got home new Ecosport and it has come shod with 17" Apollo Alnac 4G tyres . Have read mixed reviews about it. What is the opinion of the people here. Anyone experienced the tyre ?
Alnac 4G tyres are very decent. It's not crap like OE tyres by few manufacturers (say JK Elanzo in old S-Cross). There are better options available in the market for sure, but I personally don't think it's a "need" to upgrade here.
Old 4th January 2018, 00:39   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Alnac 4G tyres are very decent. It's not crap like OE tyres by few manufacturers (say JK Elanzo in old S-Cross). There are better options available in the market for sure, but I personally don't think it's a "need" to upgrade here.
From what I have heard about them, there are numerous complaints, mostly of bulging and distorting without any hit. Have seen hundreds of Baleno and Ciaz owners complaining about the same, and even the Maruti dealer at our place is fedup with these tyres. One can find some videos about the replacement on Youtube too.

They aren't as useless as the JKs, but not good either.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 10:53   #231
BHPian

I want suggestions from Ecosport users, regarding tyre upgrade in my 2015 Ecosport Titanium+, 100ps version. I had changed to Michelin P3ST’s 205 60r16, just after taking the delivery. My car has covered around 34000km, and they performed quite well, with no punctures at all, handling, braking and comfort was all good, but for the last 1-2 months, they have become quite noisy, I maintain a pressure of 34psi all around. Noise was the only reason, I changed to michelins from the stock Goodyears. I don’t know the reason but they have become noisier than the G3 potenzas, at 50000km,which i had in my Dzire.
I want to change the tyres, and interested in upgrading the size to 215 60r16, from the stock size 205 60r16, to improve the comfort. How much effect will it have on the performance, handling and fuel efficiency, I remember some bhpians had put this size on their vehicles, like ‘ecosport rules’.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...red-india.html
Should i upsize? Which brand and model should i go with. Thanks

Last edited by gsratta : 16th February 2018 at 10:56.
Old 16th February 2018, 11:04   #232
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsratta View Post
I want suggestions from Ecosport users, regarding tyre upgrade in my 2015 Ecosport Titanium+, 100ps version. I had changed to Michelin P3ST’s 205 60r16, just after taking the delivery. My car has covered around 34000km, and they performed quite well, with no punctures at all, handling, braking and comfort was all good, but for the last 1-2 months, they have become quite noisy, I maintain a pressure of 34psi all around. Noise was the only reason, I changed to michelins from the stock Goodyears. I don’t know the reason but they have become noisier than the G3 potenzas, at 50000km,which i had in my Dzire.
I want to change the tyres, and interested in upgrading the size to 215 60r16, from the stock size 205 60r16, to improve the comfort. How much effect will it have on the performance, handling and fuel efficiency, I remember some bhpians had put this size on their vehicles, like ‘ecosport rules’.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...red-india.html
Should i upsize? Which brand and model should i go with. Thanks
Are you sure it is only due to the tyres? It just might be a bearing that needs to be attended to.

Very strange for the P3ST to suddenly start getting noisy. How is the wear? Can you put pics of all the tyres showing tread depth.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2018, 11:19   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Are you sure it is only due to the tyres? It just might be a bearing that needs to be attended to.

Very strange for the P3ST to suddenly start getting noisy. How is the wear? Can you put pics of all the tyres showing tread depth.
Thanks for the reply, i will try to post the pictures as soon as possible, i think it is from tyres only, i noticed that there is no or very less noise over unpaved surfaces, on recent travel to remote rural area, i noticed this. The noise is quite loud on the road, and it increases when applying brakes.
Old 7th March 2018, 18:21   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, i will try to post the pictures as soon as possible, i think it is from tyres only, i noticed that there is no or very less noise over unpaved surfaces, on recent travel to remote rural area, i noticed this. The noise is quite loud on the road, and it increases when applying brakes.
Visited the ford asc, to rule out any source of the noise, other than the tyres, they confirmed that the bearings were okay, the sound was from the tyres only. Went to my trusted tyre showroom in Ludhiana, they confirmed that it was the tyres only, due to some pit formations in the P3ST’s, which I was not able to make out. He suggested me to go with the Yokohama blueearth, which I agreed. Tyre upsize to 215/60r16 was also suggested, but I went with the stock size of 205/60r16 only, as I did not want to put extra burden on the engine, and reduce its performance. Wheel balancing and alignment was complimentary. Covered around 250km after the change, the noise is gone, ride is smooth, handling is good, comfort level is almost the same. Overall satisfied.
gsratta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2018, 19:52   #235

[quote=gsratta;4357988]I want suggestions from Ecosport users, regarding tyre upgrade in my 2015 Ecosport Titanium+, 100ps version.

I've covered 56000Km on stock Goodyears on my 2014 Titanium option diesel and the treads still look good for at least another 25000Km. My driving is not aggressive, I maintain 32psi all around and the handling, braking all feel good enough. May be I've got used to the tyre noise.

Ravi.
Old 26th March 2018, 12:11   #236
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know the offset of the OE alloys on the Titanium model?

I am condidering to go for a downsized aftermatket alloy in 15 x 6.5 J size ( 4 x 108 pcd).

Thanks
Old 7th May 2018, 00:43   #237
BHPian

My dad's 1.5L Petrol Ecosport (Trend) has covered 45K kilometers on stock 195/65 R15 stock Goodyear tires. Must say they served their time very well (a period of four years). Now that they are worn out to a good extent, I've ordered a new set of Michelin Energy XM2s of size 205/65 R15, from Premji Tires, through Amazon.

As such, the stock tire size is adequate by all means. I am upgrading to wider 205 section tires, just for the sake of it.

Before ordering, I wrote a mail to the supplier asking for the month and year of manufacturing. Prompt reply came that they are having August 2017 manufactured tires with them. Am I good to go ? I think shelf life of 8 months is OK.

Seeking expert opinion. Thanks !

Last edited by BLACKBLADE : 7th May 2018 at 00:51. Reason: Typo corrected.
Old 9th May 2018, 11:21   #238
BHPian

Quote:
Visited the ford asc, to rule out any source of the noise, other than the tyres, they confirmed that the bearings were okay, the sound was from the tyres only. Went to my trusted tyre showroom in Ludhiana, they confirmed that it was the tyres only, due to some pit formations in the P3ST's, which I was not able to make out. He suggested me to go with the Yokohama blueearth, which I agreed. Tyre upsize to 215/60r16 was also suggested, but I went with the stock size of 205/60r16 only, as I did not want to put extra burden on the engine, and reduce its performance. Wheel balancing and alignment was complimentary. Covered around 250km after the change, the noise is gone, ride is smooth, handling is good, comfort level is almost the same. Overall satisfied.

After covering around 1000 km on the Yokohama blueearths, i was not satisfied with the noise levels, and comfort/cushion effect, although grip and handling was ok, so again changed to Bridgestone Turanza T001, 215/60r16, ride has become silent and cushy, grip is ok, there is a negligible change in the radius. It is better than Yokohamas, pricier also.
Old 26th May 2018, 22:24   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKBLADE View Post
My dad's 1.5L Petrol Ecosport (Trend) has covered 45K kilometers on stock 195/65 R15 stock Goodyear tires. Must say they served their time very well (a period of four years). Now that they are worn out to a good extent, I've ordered a new set of Michelin Energy XM2s of size 205/65 R15, from Premji Tires, through Amazon.

As such, the stock tire size is adequate by all means. I am upgrading to wider 205 section tires, just for the sake of it.

Before ordering, I wrote a mail to the supplier asking for the month and year of manufacturing. Prompt reply came that they are having August 2017 manufactured tires with them. Am I good to go ? I think shelf life of 8 months is OK.

Seeking expert opinion. Thanks !
One question,
Will it be a problem if you go wider section in the same rim ?
Does the rim accommodate till 205?
I am planning to get an ecosport ambient only and planned to upgrade the tyres from day 1 itself.
SVK Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2018, 05:32   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
One question,
Will it be a problem if you go wider section in the same rim ?
Does the rim accommodate till 205?
I am planning to get an ecosport ambient only and planned to upgrade the tyres from day 1 itself.
The rim width of the Ecosport's 15" diameter wheel is 6 inches. This rim width can accommodate tires of section widths ranging from 175 mm to 205 mm. 215 mm would be an overkill, so not advised. While 185/195 mm is the ideal section width the rim can accommodate, you can very well upgrade to tires of 205 mm section, on the same rims. This range of widths is possible because of the flexible side walls of the tires.

Last edited by BLACKBLADE : 27th May 2018 at 05:35.
BLACKBLADE is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks