Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th September 2019, 17:29   #286
BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uprasenjit View Post
I installed 205/70 R15 Yokohama Geolander AT in my EcoSport yesterday. Tyres are quite tall but they are no where touching the inner walls.

I will be on a road trip to the Himalayas next weekend. Let's see how the tires perform.
Hi Bro, Planning to install these in my 2013 Ecosport Trend variant. Can you please share your experience on these shoes? Are these good on H/Ws and Tarmacs? Does it rub against the inner wall while turning with suspension supressed?

Thanks,
Karthik P
Old 12th November 2019, 21:51   #287
BHPian

A couple of days back i was traveling on the Pune-satara Highway at 5am, the roads were horrible and i feel victim to a ditch which i couldn't avoid with the vehicles around me, went through it and immediately heard a bang and flapping sound, took it to the side and noticed the front left tyre had suffered a cut in the side.
Replaced the tyre with the Stepney and then drove further to my destination. I urgently needed to replace the tyre and so got a jk ux royal for replacing the cut tyre and placed it as the spare wheel.
Post changing it, i decided to replace all the tyres as i was unsure about the Goodyear assurance tyres on which my ecosport was running for 20500 kms, happened to mention it to a friend who said he would buy my tyres at rs 3000 per tyre for his sparingly used car!
Went to Naveen tyres Belagavi and replaced the tyres with Michelin primacy 4st. While replacing the tyres i also replaced all the wheel nuts from the dreaded capped Ford OEM nuts. Would definately recommend members to replace them as i had a hard time with them while replacing it with the spare tyre.
Total cost for 4 tyres, wheel alignment and balancing and replacing the wheel nuts came upto rs 33,000
Dramitn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2019, 14:36   #288
RGK
Senior - BHPian

My ES TDCi has done 50k now with original MRF ZVTS. Planning for a replacement with Yokohama or Michelin shortly. Is it necessary to change the spare tyre as well to have a same brand and look?
Old 19th November 2019, 16:57   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
My ES TDCi has done 50k now with original MRF ZVTS. Planning for a replacement with Yokohama or Michelin shortly. Is it necessary to change the spare tyre as well to have a same brand and look?
Not necessary but advisable. After five years, the rubber on your spare tyre would also have deteriorated through normal wear and tear. Have it checked at the tire store though, but I personally change all five tires when I am changing the set.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2019, 16:52   #290
BHPian

My October 2015 Ecosport came with MRF ZV2K tyre (205/60/R16). After 4 years and 46000 kms, the general checkup recommended a tyre change due to wear and tear. The tyre tread depth is in between 2.0 and 2.5 mm for 2 of the tyres. Luckily i have no puncture issues. There is however high tyre noise. The dealers have quoted Goodyear Assurance (Rs 5600 with free installation), Yokohama Earth 1 (Rs 6000 with free installation) and Michelin primacy 4st (Rs 7600 plus additional installation charges).
Looking on opinions on
a) Can i continue with the current tyres for another 4k.
b) Michelin seems to be overpriced. Any suggestions between Goodyear and Yokohama.
c) Any other brands that i should consider like Bridgestone etc?
Old 24th November 2019, 00:06   #291

Hi friends, why isn't anyone considering Bridgestone Potenza GIII TL 205/60 R16 92H for their Ecosports while upgrading or replacing their car tyres? Is there any problem with these tyres? I will be getting delivery of my Ecosport next week and I am on a hunt for tyres which will support mild off-roading as well along with highway drives. Please suggest.
Old 26th November 2019, 12:10   #292
RGK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
The dealers have quoted Goodyear Assurance (Rs 5600 with free installation), Yokohama Earth 1 (Rs 6000 with free installation) and Michelin primacy 4st (Rs 7600 plus additional installation charges).
I am also on the same page except, the car has done 50k (MRF zVTS - 2015 Sept). I want to check Continental & Apollo as well. Let us wait for replies.
Old 26th November 2019, 15:28   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpkbehera View Post
a) Can i continue with the current tyres for another 4k.
b) Michelin seems to be overpriced. Any suggestions between Goodyear and Yokohama.
a) In my opinion, it is better that you replace the tyres, given the mentioned tread depth.
b) I recently switched to Yoko Earth-1’s on my Ecosport after 48k on stock Goodyears. After 5k on the Yokos, I feel they are silent in comparison to the Goodyears, and has good grip even in wet conditions. During the initial run-in period, the steering wheel used to judder on braking at highway speeds; there is no problem now though.

While Michelin Primacy 4ST has great reviews and feedback, I am not sure whether the difference is such that the premium over Yoko Earth-1 is justified.

In short, I strongly recommend the Yokohama Earth 1; you seem to have gotten a good deal too. Just make sure about the manufacturing date of the tyres before the dealer fits them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
I am also on the same page except, the car has done 50k (MRF zVTS - 2015 Sept). I want to check Continental & Apollo as well. Let us wait for replies.
Did not check out Continental because I was looking for hard compound tyres. My recommendation is Yokohama Earth 1 for reasons outlined above.

Last edited by Pequod : 26th November 2019 at 15:38. Reason: Grammar!
Pequod is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 16:21   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pequod View Post
While Michelin Primacy 4ST has great reviews and feedback, I am not sure whether the difference is such that the premium over Yoko Earth-1 is justified.
Short answer : yes, the premium is definitely justified. I have used the Earth 1 for close to 30,000 kms on my Swift and another 12,000 kms on my Brio. I am now using Michelin P4ST on my Honda City for about 6500 kms and specifically chose these for better ride quality. The difference is pretty obvious. Michelin has a better and more supple ride quality for one, and better braking performance as well.

While the Yokos are good tires, I would rate the Michelin a step or two above in the above two parameters. If one can stretch and pony up the premium, then one should, in my view.
arindambasu13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 11:48   #295
BHPian

I have a 2018 August Titanium Petrol Dragon that has done 10K on the stock MRF ZV2Ks. I drive primarily on the pothole ridden roads of Bangalore with the occasional highway cruise. I am faced with three major issues that has pushed me to consider an early replacement/ upgrade to a new tire -

1. Terrible and prominent road noise

2. Lack of grip especially over bad patches leading to frequent ABS interference

3. Punctures! Now this one came as a surprise to me as the MRFs are generally resistant to punctures as compared to the premium guys. My best analysis is the large number of constructions going on around my home leading to sharp debris on roads.

Choices in descending order of preference

1. Michelin Primacy 4ST - Seems to be a crowd favorite and would tackle points 1 & 2. Just worried about punctures

2. Continental MaxContact MC5 - Recommended by a dealer here in Bangalore. Requesting any real world feedback on these from members here.

3. Continue with MRF's for another 10K Kms and replace later.

Cost is not much of decision driver for me at this point. Looking forward to inputs.
Old 10th December 2019, 12:04   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anoopGTkrish View Post
1. Michelin Primacy 4ST - Seems to be a crowd favorite and would tackle points 1 & 2. Just worried about punctures
I was also worried about the same. I did around 9K in last 5 months. Did mix of highway & ghat trips and no punctures till date, touch wood.
Samfromindia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2019, 13:39   #297
BHPian

Hi all,
I have a 2015 Ford Ecosport used by mom 90% driven by the driver. It's running it's 2nd set of Goodyears 205/60/R16 and I want a change this time. The car has done 1.1L kms and is mostly driven on highways but recieves a fair share of bad potholed roads of UP. I have the following options available. Please recommend which will provide the best combination of ride comfort and durability as well as longevity :

1. Michelin Primacy 4
2. Pirelli C6
3. Yokohama Earth-1/ Blue Earth

The michelin are roughly 6k more expensive vs Yokohama. Does this kind of usage justify the premium or not?
Thanks in advance.
Old 24th January 2020, 11:37   #298
BHPian

Hi All,

My 2018 Ecosport T+ AT was delivered with Good year Assurance tyres. I find the tyre adequate for my usage. I suffered a side wall cut during one of the highway runs and the said tyre is patched now with vulcanization and currently serving as the standby.

I have been dreaming of having AT Tyres installed on the ES. The closest size AT Tyre we can find in the market is for the Duster. i.e 215/65 R16. Both Conti Cross Contact and Michelin LTX Force (Not a pure AT Tyre, but good enough) are available in these sizes.

I know the tyres are going to be heavier and will slow down the car but, has any one installed these tyres in the Ecosport? I am particularly worried about any fouling with the body which may happen.

And can somebody confirm whether the stock alloys are 6.5J or 6J? The said size will be out of the limits for the 6J alloys.
Old 28th January 2020, 11:56   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
No major issues. Only thing is marginally less sharpness in steering when cornering really really hard since the sidewall flex will be more. To even realise that you would have to drive both back to back very spirited across turns.

It's a very safe upsize with improved ride quality.
@Vid6639

I read from your post that 205/65/R16 is a safe upsize.

Tyre upsize calculator shows 3.22% deviation for 205/65/R16 when compared with stock 205/60/R16. Michelin P4ST is available in this size and stock size is not available here in a small town in Tamil Nadu.

Some sites > 3% may harm your brakes. So, thought of double checking with you before i ask my cousin to go ahead with this upsize.

Please Advice
Old 8th March 2020, 18:01   #300
BHPian

Thank you all for sharing you insights and experience with various brands. I sometimes felt guilty for not being regular on the forum, rather than visiting when I need some information. Recently while driving back from Mysore, at junction a person on a luna hit my car-wheels head-on in low speed. There was cut on the side wall. The next weekend we had a trip to Kerala (around 600kms) thats when I realized that although my car has only 17,000 on the odometer, the tyres were old. I changed from 6 year old Goodyear OEM tyres to Yoko Earth 1. After going through thread, I felt this would be most VFM option.
Couple of observations – 1) the noise is less compared to the OEM tyres. 2) The steering seems to br stiffer (more feedback) when compared to OEM tyres. i got it changed for Rs7000 per tyre.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks