Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2021, 11:11   #346
BHPian

Re: Ford Ecosport : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Hello, need urgent response please. I have got my car yesterday with the stock Good Years, but plan to change them today. The dealer has only 2021 stock of 205/65 R16 instead of the stock 205/60.

I checked online tire size calculator and it showed a difference of 3.1%. I think this might affect the high-speed stability of the car due to the increased GC.

TIA
The difference might be noticeable in corners, where the sidewall flexes, and for that too you have to be driving in a manner a CSUV shouldn't be driven like.
More importantly, the extra sidewall could offer a more cushioning effect, this making the ride a bit more pliant. There's enough space in the wheel well anyway. Do note that some ASSs take offence if you upgrade the tyres, depends on your equation with them.
You could also go with MRF Perfinza, has good reviews here, and was my original choice.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 17:46   #347
BHPian

Quote:
Hello, need urgent response please. I have got my car yesterday with the stock Good Years, but plan to change them today.
TIA
Did you go ahead with the tyre change?
Old 12th March 2021, 18:43   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrAakash View Post
Did you go ahead with the tyre change?
No, he had 2021 stock only of the 205/65 size, not the stock 205/60. Did not want to change without even getting a hang of the stock Good years.

Spoke to a few ES owners, and most of them have good things to say about the Good Year Assurance tyres. Many have used it for 50k kms and also over rough roads. Only complaint they had was a bit stiff ride when compared to Contis/ Michelins/ Yokos.

I've decided to save 13k and use the stock Good Years for a few years. Will contemplate a change later.

Thanks for your inputs.
Old 12th March 2021, 19:48   #349
BHPian

Quote:
No, he had 2021 stock only of the 205/65 size, not the stock 205/60. Did not want to change without even getting a hang of the stock Good years.

I've decided to save 13k and use the stock Good Years for a few years. Will contemplate a change later.
Makes sense. I ran my stock MRF for a year and a half..25k km if i remember correctly. Even then it was not any shortcoming with the tyre, but a rather good deal that made me contemplate a tyre change.
DrAakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 11:15   #350
BHPian

Do we have any good alternative for Ford Ecosport 17" Bridgestone Ecopia stock tyres now?

I did ask the Ford people, but I did not get any satisfactory answer.
I am really looking forward to change the tyres in a month or two.

The rims have taken a heavy beating owing to the limited cushioning available.

Please advise if some one has already changed their 17" stock tyres with another brand.
Old 15th March 2021, 11:26   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jatinbindra View Post
Do we have any good alternative for Ford Ecosport 17" Bridgestone Ecopia stock tyres now?

I did ask the Ford people, but I did not get any satisfactory answer.
I am really looking forward to change the tyres in a month or two.

The rims have taken a heavy beating owing to the limited cushioning available.

Please advise if some one has already changed their 17" stock tyres with another brand.
I'm in the same boat as you. My 17" Ecopia's are 36k km old and will need replacement in 2-3 months. There are 3 real options in this size - Michelin PS4, Bridgestone Ecopia & Apollo Alnac 4G.

The Michelin's are the best of the lot but are in short supply now, although most dealers say new stock is coming in from April (fingers crossed !). This should be your primary option.

If fresh stock does not come in, unfortunately we are stuck with either the Bridgestone or the Apollo.

The other option I am looking at is an upsize to 215/50 R17 but I see only a Yokohama DB series tyre listed in this size and very expensive at 12k a piece !
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 11:41   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Spoke to a few ES owners, and most of them have good things to say about the Good Year Assurance tyres. Many have used it for 50k kms and also over rough roads. Only complaint they had was a bit stiff ride when compared to Contis/ Michelins/ Yokos.
My Ecosport has been running on Goodyear Assurance that came from factory and are touching 50k now. I am not an expert but they haven't given me any big trouble and I have driven them cross country from Bangalore to Himachal, and Bangalore to Kolkata.

Yes the only issue I see now is that the compound seems to have become hard and though I still have sufficient tread left, I feel 50k is good enough kms for the change. Though I am planning for changing the vehicle soon so might not change them now.
justwheels is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2021, 13:50   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
The other option I am looking at is an upsize to 215/50 R17 but I see only a Yokohama DB series tyre listed in this size and very expensive at 12k a piece !
Do you really think upsizing is a good option?
I was thinking on the same lines and when I spoke to Ford engineers, they advised against it.
They mentioned that the suspension has been setup according to the size of the stock tyres and any changes that you do to it might cause issues.

Is this correct?

Last edited by jatinbindra : 15th March 2021 at 13:51.
jatinbindra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2021, 12:57   #354
BHPian

Guys this is urgent, I need to get our 2013 Titanium EcoSport's tyres changed since the Goodyear Assurance are too old now and the rubber has dried although significant tread is there. A long road trip is on the cards and I don't want to risk using the old tyres at triple digit speeds.

I have shortlisted Michelin P3 ST, Michelin Primacy 4 ST and Continental MC5. Members on this thread have quoted the price of these through dealers to be 6-6.5k per tyre with discounts but the official Michelin dealer I called near my area (Connaught Place, Delhi) is selling Primacy 4 at 9k per tyre!

Can anyone suggest a good tyre shop near CP and Khan Market area (basically around pin code 110001) which would retail Michelins for 6-6.5k. I really want to get Michelins, but looking at 9k a tyre, my father will simply refuse and would go for cheaper MRFs or Goodyears which I hate.

Last edited by Lowflyer23 : 10th August 2021 at 13:01.
Old 15th August 2021, 12:57   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowflyer23 View Post
Guys this is urgent, I need to get our 2013 Titanium EcoSport's tyres changed since the Goodyear Assurance are too old now and the rubber has dried although significant tread is there. A long road trip is on the cards and I don't want to risk using the old tyres at triple digit speeds.

I have shortlisted Michelin P3 ST, Michelin Primacy 4 ST and Continental MC5. Members on this thread have quoted the price of these through dealers to be 6-6.5k per tyre with discounts but the official Michelin dealer I called near my area (Connaught Place, Delhi) is selling Primacy 4 at 9k per tyre!

Can anyone suggest a good tyre shop near CP and Khan Market area (basically around pin code 110001) which would retail Michelins for 6-6.5k. I really want to get Michelins, but looking at 9k a tyre, my father will simply refuse and would go for cheaper MRFs or Goodyears which I hate.

Hey, I have also got a Ford Ecosport 2016, I too have changed my tyres recently. After asking a ton of dealers and never getting a good price, I ended up buying via TyreWala.
Also, In all major metros they also come to the location and fit the tyres and also balance them. Wheel alignment has to be done elsewhere. Prices are very competitive too.

Thanks
punith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 09:24   #356
BHPian

Hey guys I've got a 2017 ecosport S with 17" Rims. Is there any tyre i can upgrade to for improving the ride? I've heard people reporting that changing to a 215 50 R17 or 215 60 r 17 has really improved ride quality.
Old 19th August 2021, 10:30   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
Hey guys I've got a 2017 ecosport S with 17" Rims. Is there any tyre i can upgrade to for improving the ride? I've heard people reporting that changing to a 215 50 R17 or 215 60 r 17 has really improved ride quality.
You will need to ensure the upsize stays under the 3% guideline so ABS/ESP calibrations are still relevant. 215/50 R17 is a good size to upgrade, but I have seen only one option available in this size - Yokohama DB series and it is expensive at 12k a tyre (think this was the stock new Civic size).

215/60 R17 will be a 8.4% change and is definitely not recommended. 215/55 R17 is around 4.8% and although not recommended is a better option if you have already decided that you need to upsize.

My recommendation is to go ahead with the Yokohama 215/50 R17 if you can find it and are ok with the price otherwise go ahead with Michelin PS4 in the stock 205/50 R17 size and keep your tyre pressures at around 32 psi. Michelin's are back in stock in 17", so sourcing it should not be a problem.
fiat_tarun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2021, 10:33   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiat_tarun View Post
You will need to ensure the upsize stays under the 3% guideline so ABS/ESP calibrations are still relevant. 215/50 R17 is a good size to upgrade, but I have seen only one option available in this size - Yokohama DB series and it is expensive at 12k a tyre (think this was the stock new Civic size).

215/60 R17 will be a 8.4% change and is definitely not recommended. 215/55 R17 is around 4.8% and although not recommended is a better option if you have already decided that you need to upsize.

My recommendation is to go ahead with the Yokohama 215/50 R17 if you can find it and are ok with the price otherwise go ahead with Michelin PS4 in the stock 205/50 R17 size and keep your tyre pressures at around 32 psi. Michelin's are back in stock in 17", so sourcing it should not be a problem.
Thank you so much! My colony has cobblestone roads, so you can imagine how bad the ride must be for me to consider changing the tyres. I think I can live with the 12k per piece tyres. I'll start saving.
Old 19th August 2021, 11:08   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid3091 View Post
I have a 2013 Ecosport Trend so the stock tyres were R15. The Titanium variant came with the R16s. While I considered upsizing the rim, I finally decided to go ahead with the stock size and change my wheels to Yokohama BluEarth AE50. That itself made the ride a whole lot better. The point I am making is, whichever size you consider, do factor in upgrading to a slightly softer compound (I can vouch for the Yokos) and you should see much improvement over the GoodYears.
Old 19th August 2021, 11:55   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttlehead View Post
I have a 2013 Ecosport Trend so the stock tyres were R15. The Titanium variant came with the R16s. While I considered upsizing the rim, I finally decided to go ahead with the stock size and change my wheels to Yokohama BluEarth AE50. That itself made the ride a whole lot better. The point I am making is, whichever size you consider, do factor in upgrading to a slightly softer compound (I can vouch for the Yokos) and you should see much improvement over the GoodYears.
I know very little about tyre compounds. Is the Yokohama DB series any good?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks