Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2014, 14:49   #16
BHPian

Re: Bridgestone Turanza AR-20 - Launching soon in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
From where did you buy and what was the cost for each tyres? Also did it include New Neck, Balancing and Nitrogen Filling? I am in the same boat and would have to replace for my Logan.
Regarding the price I checked with Bridgestone outlet in Kochi and they mentioned the following price for 185 / 70 / R14 tyre inclusive of wheel Alignment/ balancing and nitrogen filling.
AR-20 - Rs 4600
ER-60 - Rs 4300

But thats before bargain , might go down few hundred rupees cheap per tyre if you haggle and bargain hard
Old 13th June 2014, 14:07   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by soumobakshi View Post
From where did you buy and what was the cost for each tyres? Also did it include New Neck, Balancing and Nitrogen Filling? I am in the same boat and would have to replace for my Logan.
Bought from kerala. Cost per tyre was 4600/- including balancing. Running on just air.
Old 16th June 2014, 23:38   #18
BHPian

Finally picked up my set of 4 AR20; 185/70/R14 from Reliance Autozone with balancing; new necks and nitrogen et all for 17.5k. That's around 4375 a piece.
Completed around 100+km and compared to my prior shoes of Potenza I do find the ride to be a bit smoother and the steering a bit lighter; could be due to flat contact stuff mentioned already.

Last edited by soumobakshi : 16th June 2014 at 23:42.
Old 10th July 2014, 23:06   #19
BHPian

Today, I have picked up my new 4 nos. of Bridgestone AR 20 -155/65 R14 tyre @Rs.3600/- each. NOČ filling and balancing charges are seperate.
It seems that cabin noise, handling and braking are better than the OEM Apollos.
tasuray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2014, 16:45   #20
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by F150 View Post
So I went to Darshan tyres on nagar road to check Bridgestone AR20. I was quoted Rs 4300. They also had Michelin XM2 @ Rs 4700.

I favored bridgestone, but the tyres looked narrow despite being the same size as that of XM2.

I think has something to do with the Flat Contact Patch technology used on the bridgestone. I liked the pattern on the AR20 compared to the pattern on the XM2 which was bland.

Please see the pics below of 185/70/R14 XM2 and AR20.
These AR20 pattern looks similar to MY02, are these bi-directional or uni-directional like My02
Old 30th December 2014, 19:28   #21
BHPian

Is AR20 a good replacement for MY02,
What is the difference of Bridgestone Turanza over Bridgestone Potenza
Old 31st December 2014, 12:16   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabiaous View Post
Is AR20 a good replacement for MY02,
What is the difference of Bridgestone Turanza over Bridgestone Potenza
Turanzas are more of touring tyres. They offer decent comfort and grip. Potenzas are slightly performance oriented. Better grip, less comfort, more durable.

If you are looking for Bridgestone, then go with Turanzas. If you are interested in other brands, I can suggest a few.
Old 1st January 2015, 16:20   #23
BHPian

I got a set of AR20's (195/60/15) in Nov-14 for Rs. 5,150 apiece with free alignment, balancing and four valves. Stock tyres were B250 (185/60/15) that had run approx 40K and gone almost bald (front two) due to faulty alignment. They had gone really noisy.
Initial impressions after putting on 2K km on new tyres:
1. Grip has improved immensely, so much so that I feel the strain on engine to gain a certain speed. May be the tread pattern is very similar to Potenza MY02 which are said to be sporty and grippy tyres.
2. Ride quality has improved. Thuds over the minor potholes and expansion joints on flyovers are more muted now.
3. Silent, of course, as these are new ones. I expect the noise go up though as more Km are piled up.
4. No impact on steering feel. It is as stiff as earlier.
Let's see how they pan out after say 10K+ km.
Old 10th November 2016, 11:31   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahesh_sn View Post
Let's see how they pan out after say 10K+ km.
How has the Turanza's held up. Any feedback for us?
Old 10th November 2016, 12:12   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
I am using a set for last 40,000 kms. They have been great and tyre life is really good and could last for another 15-20 K Kms. Grip, comfort is fine. Not too smooth but is more than acceptable.
srishiva is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2016, 13:05   #26
BHPian

Have been using 195/60 R15 on my Corolla for the past 10k Kms. Absolutely delighted with their performance, but somehow feel Turanza ER-60 were superior to it, having used them on multiple cars previously.
ScorpMan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2016, 00:25   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
They have held up really well. No punctures in 30k km that I have put on them in the last two years. On same roads, B250's had multiple punctures. Looking at treads, they can easily go for 20k km more. Noise? Yes, but nothing compared to B250's. So, i am satisfied with them.
mahesh_sn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2017, 21:11   #28
BHPian

Hello, Everyone !!

I would like to share my experience on the Bridgestone Turanza AR-20.

Car: Honda City i-VTEC
Model: VX
Model Year of car: 2014
Rims: Stock Alloys 15 inch x 5.5J

Old tires: Goodyear GT3 175/65 R15 (Stock)
ODO at when tires were changed: 31100kms (approx)

New Tires: Bridgestone Turanza AR-20 195/60 R15
Rims: Stock Alloys 15 inch x 5.5J
Kilometers ran: 56,000kms (Tires changed at exactly 87100kms on the ODO)
The cost of tires: Rs. 5600 per tire plus cost of weights for balancing (Tire fitting, nitrogen filling, and alignment was free)
Date of purchase: June 2015

Number of tires changed: Four (4)
Alignment interval: every 3000kms
Wheel Balancing and Rotation: every 7000kms (Four wheel rotation)
Filled with: Nitrogen, Topped up every month or 2000kms, whichever earlier
Average pressure loss between refills: 3 PSI
Pressure maintained: 32 PSI all round (I felt personally more comfortable at this pressure)
Roads drove on: All types of roads.

Now for my Review:
Shifting from the Goodyear GT3 which was the stock size of 175/65 R15 to the upsized Bridgestone Turanza AR-20 195/60 R15 changed the overall driving dynamics of the car. The car felt more planted, less noisy, better ride quality and much better-wet grip and dry grip. The tires performed well on all road surfaces from well-paved tar and asphalt roads to even roads with just loose stones and wet mud. The ride quality was very good over unpaved roads too. The tires performed very well with all the characteristics promised for the first 30,000-35,000kms, after which, the road noise started increasing. Post 40,000kms the wet grip had started reducing and post 50,000kms, the ride comfort had taken a hit too. From 53,000kms, braking distance had started reducing and as the kilometers were clocked, the braking distance kept reducing. From 55,000kms, the tires struggled to grip on well-paved roads while going uphill. This is when I felt the need to replace the tires. The tires had about 10-15% of life left in them when I changed them, but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Tires replaced with Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60 R15 (4 tires)
Tires replacement date: August 2017
ODO reading: 87,100kms

Other points:
- A total number of punctures: Two (2); In one there was a screw in the tire, and the other there was a blade in the tire. A trip to the puncture shop solved these.
- I did have an incident (accident, a moment of lapse of judgment) where an iron rod, which is used for making buildings with concrete was pressing against the sidewall of the tire (Front right side). As I tried moving the car, the tires kept rotating but no movement of the car was taking place and white smoke and burnt rubber smell were smelt. I expected the sidewalls to be torn completely, but other than the Bridgestone lettering on the tires reducing its height by about a few mm, the tire had sustained no damage.
- No Tire bubbles/sidewall bulge seen in the entire period of ownership.
- Initially, I stuck with one alignment shop and never got it done from the ASC. One fine day, however, I got the tires aligned from the Honda ASC as it was before a long distance trip. Then I realized that the shop I was regularly visiting was not aligning the tires correctly. (the difference in high-speed handling was felt)
- I had shifted to the Bridgestones as the closest tire dealers were Apollo, MRF, and Bridgestone at the time, and I had urgently needed a tire change.

Overall Impressions:
Overall, It is a tough and sturdy tire, had served me well for a lot of highway trips and journeys (across all the 5 southern states of India) and it did live up to the Bridgestone slogan of "Journey on". It is definitely a tough tire and can take abuse well. Sadly, the final 16,000kms weren't the best, but it did teach me to be a calmer driver. The last 3,000kms were, however, frightening, to say the least. However, if I had a choice of Michelin XM2 and Bridgestone Turanza AR-20 at that time, I would have taken the Michillins, because for Rs.200, I am getting a tire which has better characteristics, more plush ride and of course, highly recommended by the Tram-BHP family.

PS: The Michelin Primacy 3ST is a whole another league ahead of the Bridgstones, but that is for another thread.

I hope the above information is useful for anyone looking to upgrade their tires to Bridgestone Turanza AR-20.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post
themonster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2017, 22:47   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by themonster View Post
Hello, Everyone !!

I would like to share my experience on the Bridgestone Turanza AR-20.
Thank you for your detailed review on AR-20. I am seriously considering this for the next replacement for my Linea. While I tried to get quote for AR-20, none of the dealers I inquired have this tyre and instead they recommended me ER-60. Don't know the difference between AR-20 and ER-60 though. One dealer however sounded positive on AR-20 and he will get back to me tomorrow.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2017, 09:24   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda View Post
Thank you for your detailed review on AR-20. I am seriously considering this for the next replacement for my Linea. While I tried to get quote for AR-20, none of the dealers I inquired have this tyre and instead they recommended me ER-60. Don't know the difference between AR-20 and ER-60 though. One dealer however sounded positive on AR-20 and he will get back to me tomorrow.
Hello Rameshnanda,

What are the prices quoted for the ER-60 and the AR-20? As far as I read on the forum earlier, the ER-300 was marginally better than the AR-20, but that was about 2-3 years ago. The AR-20 has a cooler looking thread pattern though.

Might I suggest getting Michillins instead, if and only if the price difference for a set of 4 tires is within Rs.1000-Rs.1500. Moving from the Bridgestones to the Michillins, The Michillins have a better overall ride quality and grip (dry, wet, mud, stagnant water, etc). Also, the Michillins look wider than the Bridgestone's; I am not sure if they actually are. And since you are driving a Linea, you would get all the benefits of driving Michillins, as a Linea has more dynamic handling compared to a Honda City.

Another point which I had forgotten to mention. My Bridgestone AR-20s had started developing cracks after 2 years of ownership (around 52,000kms). This is mainly because I don't have a shaded parking, and the car is almost always exposed to the elements of nature. Also, I hadn't driven my car for almost 6-9 months in those 2 years of ownership.
themonster is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks