Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 25th June 2019, 09:42   #346
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Michelin Primacy 3 ST Tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
My 205/55/16 P3STs have now run ~13k and I am lately noticing increased road noise from them. There is of course plenty of tread left so surprised. Anything I can do to mitigate this?
Bound to happen as tyres age.

Have you rotated your tyres in this period? Run your fingers on the tread (forward and back along direction the tyre rotates). If you feel resistance in only one direction, it indicates 'feathering'. Rotate the tyres in an X pattern and observe. This will reverse this effect and will make the tyres quieter.
Santoshbhat is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2019, 12:33   #347
BHPian

The Michelin P3ST in my Linea has run 60K and they are at the fag end of their life.
I'm totally satisfied with the performance of the P3ST's and thinking about changing the tyres.

Looking for suggestions for the next brand (tyre size 205-55-R16).
Should I go for the 4ST or is Continental Conti Premium Contact a good option ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 19th October 2019, 12:54   #348
Senior - BHPian

Stick to tried and tested. My P3ST will be replaced by the same, and if not available - with P4ST. I'm really happy with these as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommos View Post
The Michelin P3ST in my Linea has run 60K and they are at the fag end of their life. I'm totally satisfied with the performance of the P3ST's and thinking about changing the tyres.
Sebring is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2019, 16:01   #349
BHPian

Vouching here for these tyres!

I'm on the second set of these tyres, 72k km done on the first set; 82k km and counting on the current set.
Absar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2021, 23:34   #350
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Hello Tyre Gurus.

I am about to change the tires for my Vitara Brezza Zdi+. Presently they are 55k run stock Apollo Alnac 4GS 215/60 R16. Now I am confused which brand to go with as all the websites say there products are the best. Requesting help.
Old 12th January 2021, 05:13   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatyRoy View Post
Hello Tyre Gurus.

I am about to change the tires for my Vitara Brezza Zdi+. Presently they are 55k run stock Apollo Alnac 4GS 215/60 R16. Now I am confused which brand to go with as all the websites say there products are the best. Requesting help.
Hello there,

It indeed can be a confusing scenario when one is presented with a plethora of choices.

I’m enclosing a snapshot of consumer feedback of few tires (or their closest variants - e.g., Falken & Yokohama) compiled by a respected tire review website that are available in India.

Unfortunately, most of the Indian tire companies do not provide much information about their tires other than very basic information.

I have spent quite a number of years in India and based upon my personal experience I can say that tires manufactured by a majority of Indian manufacturers have really come up over the years as the customer awareness/ complexity of vehicles on the road has increased over the years.

India tire manufacturers have an overarching emphasis on mileage (not their fault as traditionally that’s what the focus of the India tire customer was) therefore their tires would give you slightly higher mileage but firm ride as they use hard rubber compound.

Tires manufactured by most of the multinational (European/Japanese/North American) companies have multiple criteria to fulfill such as ride/handling in dry/wet conditions, mileage/tire noise, etc. so theirs is a better/well-rounded product that ticks all the right boxes. The ride quality would be better but the mileage may be less than what’s potentially offered by Indian tires.

In addition to Apollo Alnac 4GS, you can also consider Yokohama RV-02, Bridgestone ECOPIA EP-150, Bridgestone Turanza T-001, Michelin Primacy 4ST, and Falken ZIEX ZE 914 ECORUN.

All these tires are available in India through their official distributors and are available in the required size (215/60R16)

Current users need to chime in with their feedback as well.

Name:  Apollo.PNG
Views: 235
Size:  49.1 KB

Name:  Bridgestone.PNG
Views: 232
Size:  49.8 KB

Name:  Falken.PNG
Views: 230
Size:  53.8 KB

Name:  Primacy 4.PNG
Views: 230
Size:  37.8 KB

Name:  Yokohama.PNG
Views: 228
Size:  41.0 KB

Source: https://www.tyrereviews.com/
Vikram Arya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 19:32   #352
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikram Arya View Post
Hello there,

I’m enclosing a snapshot of consumer feedback of few tires (or their closest variants - e.g., Falken & Yokohama) compiled by a respected tire review website that are available in India.

Thanks a lot Mr. Arya for the detailed information. This is really great. Because of super helpful people like you, this is a place where people come asking for help. Unfeigned Regards.

More suggestions and advise are most welcome.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 12th January 2021 at 20:09. Reason: Broken quotes. Thanks.
SatyRoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed