Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 25th August 2017, 10:12   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Michelin Primacy 3 ST Tyres launched in India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
Awesome! Where did you come across this bit of info?
I heard it from the owner of DBS on Sunday. They are one of the authorized dealers of Michelin over here. I picked both my sets of XM2 and P3ST from them.

Apparently a whole of lot sizes are being introduced. But only this one caught my fancy. Only Michelin will do if I ever update to 16". The roads are terrible now.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 12:31   #272
BHPian

YAAYY!!

FINALLY, a good replacement option once the stock Alnacs on my Baleno wear out. I really didn't want to upgrade to 205, this is perfect.

A lot of cars are coming with 195/55 16 as the OE tire size now, I guess Michelin saw the opportunity and took it.

Last edited by Speed.Demon : 25th August 2017 at 12:32.
Speed.Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 21:20   #273
BHPian

The tyres are good but they pick up a lot of fine gravel stones especially on the side groove thread pattern, while it is easier to remove them on the outward side I'm concerned with the pebbles stuck in the inside facing groove slots. I hope they do not damage the grooves, cut the rubber.
Also the purpose of the thread design to push the water outwards on wet roads could, I feel, may get hampered with these stones blocking these grooves.
It definitely is a softer rubber compared to the Goodyear stock tyres I has earlier.
The fuel consumption has also dropped a bit compared to the Goodyears.
On the plus side these tyres are grippier and quieter.

Last edited by hubolt : 25th August 2017 at 21:23.
hubolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2017, 22:33   #274
BHPian

I have been running my Vento Diesel on Yokohama C drive. Now it 63K KMs and time to change the tyres.

Yokohama C drive tyres drove well. No problem with all kinds of roads; only that after about 15K or so, the noise level has increased. Now it is kind of roaring noise on roads whose smooth top surface has gone off or concrete roads. Breaking grip was good too.

I am looking for comfort & low noise tyres and thinking of Michelin P3ST or Yokohama AVS DB.

Usage will be 60% city (bangalore) and 40% highway and normal driving on highway (110KM-130KM range)

Anyone has experience with Yokohama AVS DB? How does it compare with P3ST?

Thanks
zensure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 09:57   #275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
I heard it from the owner of DBS on Sunday. They are one of the authorized dealers of Michelin over here. I picked both my sets of XM2 and P3ST from them.

Apparently a whole of lot sizes are being introduced. But only this one caught my fancy. Only Michelin will do if I ever update to 16". The roads are terrible now.
Doesnt seem to be true. As of now Michelin says only the XM2 available in that size. I got it clarified by the Michelin representative.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (5) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 12:13   #276
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhilb2008 View Post
Doesnt seem to be true. As of now Michelin says only the XM2 available in that size. I got it clarified by the Michelin representative.
Oh! That's bad.

Looks like the DBS fella got confused between P3ST and XM2. I had categorically asked him about P3ST as I much prefer it over XM2. Will drop in a word.

Thank You for the clarification and sorry for the misinformation.
deetjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 13:50   #277
BHPian

After having read about the performance of these tyres, I was wondering about the tyre wear.

If anyone has used these tyres in 195/60 R15 on Vento or Rapid, I would like to know for how long these tyres last. Thanks.

Last edited by halfbytecode : 26th August 2017 at 13:51.
halfbytecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 14:04   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfbytecode View Post
After having read about the performance of these tyres, I was wondering about the tyre wear.

If anyone has used these tyres in 195/60 R15 on Vento or Rapid, I would like to know for how long these tyres last. Thanks.
Although not a vento or a rapid, a fellow member has used these tyres for 75K KMS on a Linea.Just go to the previous page
sagarpadaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 14:10   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Although not a vento or a rapid, a fellow member has used these tyres for 75K KMS on a Linea.Just go to the previous page
Yes, I did read that. However, since the car and suspension can make a difference in the tread wear, I wanted to know about how long they lasted on a Vento or Rapid, to get a better idea.
Old 26th August 2017, 14:29   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I did read that. However, since the car and suspension can make a difference in the tread wear, I wanted to know about how long they lasted on a Vento or Rapid, to get a better idea.

Am using for 50000 kms on my Vento. Rock solid. No issues. Very comfortable . Touch wood!
prabhuferrari is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2017, 14:52   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhuferrari View Post
Am using for 50000 kms on my Vento. Rock solid. No issues. Very comfortable . Touch wood!
Thanks, that is good to know. Considering the remaining tread depth, for how much more do you think the tyres should last?
Old 26th August 2017, 21:02   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, that is good to know. Considering the remaining tread depth, for how much more do you think the tyres should last?

Another 10K minimum.
prabhuferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th August 2017, 10:17   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zensure View Post
I have been running my Vento Diesel on Yokohama C drive. Now it 63K KMs and time to change the tyres.

Thanks
Guys, Any updates?

BTW, The tyres I have now are 195/60R15

regds
Old 29th August 2017, 12:20   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zensure View Post

I am looking for comfort & low noise tyres and thinking of Michelin P3ST or Yokohama AVS DB.

Usage will be 60% city (bangalore) and 40% highway and normal driving on highway (110KM-130KM range)

Thanks
I used the ES 500 AVS Db yokos in size 205/60/ r16 for my Sx4Zxi, installed in April 2011, and just replaced after 54500 km. I have nothing but praise for these. However I could not find any dealer for the AVS db tyres in Goa, so replaced them with Michelin P3st, just last week - too early to say anything, except to say they are as silent as the Yokos, and the ride is marginally stiffer.
filcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th August 2017, 15:14   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by filcord View Post
I used the ES 500 AVS Db yokos in size 205/60/ r16 for my Sx4Zxi, installed in April 2011, and just replaced after 54500 km. I have nothing but praise for these. However I could not find any dealer for the AVS db tyres in Goa, so replaced them with Michelin P3st, just last week - too early to say anything, except to say they are as silent as the Yokos, and the ride is marginally stiffer.
Thanks Filcord. Here in Bangalore too, these tyres are not available. Being told by dealers that Yokohama has stopped these. I am not looking for Michelin P3ST tyres

regds