Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2015, 17:20   #61
BHPian

Re: My Fortuner Tyre Upgrade: Continental Cross Contact A/T

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Good to know about the Contis. Are you keeping them at 30 psi?

My Pirelli Scorpions have done 15K kms now, holding up well except a slight fuel efficiency penalty (~ 1 km/L). Wet grip is better than the Dunlops'.

I agree about the Dunlops. They held up well till 60K, but then started giving too many problems.

Did a 3K km Gujarat trip with a 100km drive in Little Rann of Kutch with 30psi. The tyres did not loose a single point pressure during the entire trip. But the FE took a beating of 2+ kmpl. After the trip i increased the pressure to 31 psi. No perceptible difference in ride quality but did notice a marginal improvement in FE.
Whats the pressure you are running in Pirellis ?
Old 15th February 2015, 21:26   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Finally got Tires changed at 70,324 kms.

Got Michelins Latitude Cross.

Other options suggested by dealer were : O.E. Dunlop, Pirelli Scorpion ATR, Michelin Latitude Tour.
Need help. One of the tyres got a side wall cut. This happened about 2 months ago. Since then I have been driving without the spare.

Can you let me know from where you had checked about Dunlop? I don't know any good dealer and I don't want to take chance with an unknown dealer.

But I can also not be continuing like this - i.e., not having a spare.

My tyres have done 42000 kms.

Therefore, I am looking to buy a new one (Dunlop) which I will align with the original spare that is currently being used. Sort of have 2 new together - lets say at the front. And, move one as spare.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Traveller Nayak : 15th February 2015 at 21:28.
Old 16th February 2015, 02:22   #63
BHPian

Sir,
You can buy the tyre either at BK Tyres in Lajpat Nagar. Or at Singh Shoppee in C.R.Park. Near Kalkaji.

Both had the tyre available for about 13k each.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2015, 12:32   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Need help. One of the tyres got a side wall cut. This happened about 2 months ago. Since then I have been driving without the spare.

Can you let me know from where you had checked about Dunlop? I don't know any good dealer and I don't want to take chance with an unknown dealer.

But I can also not be continuing like this - i.e., not having a spare.

My tyres have done 42000 kms.

Therefore, I am looking to buy a new one (Dunlop) which I will align with the original spare that is currently being used. Sort of have 2 new together - lets say at the front. And, move one as spare.

Thanks in advance.
There is continental dealer just before the Badarpur thermal station, I bought 4 for my safari 7300 each. You can check with him his shop is just before Badarpur faridabad flyover. Keep left after Aali gaon redlight. Shop name is New Tyre Plaza

Last edited by mandyrana : 16th February 2015 at 12:37. Reason: Adding Shop name
Old 16th February 2015, 17:49   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyrana View Post
There is continental dealer just before the Badarpur thermal station, I bought 4 for my safari 7300 each. You can check with him his shop is just before Badarpur faridabad flyover. Keep left after Aali gaon redlight. Shop name is New Tyre Plaza
Thanks Mandyrana for the information. Given that I stay in Delhi / Dwarka - I will first try my luck with the ones suggested by car_crazy1400 either at Lajpat Nagar or CR Park.

Also - does anyone know a shop closer to Dwarka?

And, no - I am not shying away from going to Lajpat Nagar or CR Park. Just that if I pick up from a shop closer to home then it makes it that much easier to go if there is an issue.
Old 5th March 2015, 12:10   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_crazy1400 View Post
Sir,
You can buy the tyre either at BK Tyres in Lajpat Nagar. Or at Singh Shoppee in C.R.Park. Near Kalkaji.

Both had the tyre available for about 13k each.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traveller Nayak View Post
Also - does anyone know a shop closer to Dwarka? And, no - I am not shying away from going to Lajpat Nagar or CR Park.
@Car_crazy1400: Singh Shoppe quoted Rs. 13500 + 4 years warranty for manufacturing defect. This is for Dunlop. For the tyre with sidewall cut, they offered Rs. 200-300. My Tyres have done 42000 kilometres. While I am not concerned about having a set off, I am curious to know is this the usual practice? Or it is less because the Tyre has a sidewall cut?

For the benefit of everyone: I had also called up Galaxy Toyota, Moti Nagar - they quoted Rs. 23,500 for one Tyre! Do these guys sell a type that is not available in the market?

@Karan561: I am sorry for hijacking your thread. Hopefully, this will be my last post here.

Lastly, @Mods: request if you can move all my posts from here to this thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...-fortuner.html

Last edited by Traveller Nayak : 5th March 2015 at 12:12. Reason: added Dunlop
Old 5th March 2015, 13:05   #67
BHPian

I have never been able to get any thing worth my time for old tires. The tire guy reduces about 200-300 max per tire.
car_crazy1400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2015, 23:34   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Service Update: 55,000 Km;

Last week got the Fortuner serviced for its 5k service interval.

Total cost of service was a mere Rs 2312/-

Continentals are running strong & did my 2nd tyre rotation after the install.

Also happy to see many people opting for Continentals after viewing my review on the Cross Contacts

Last edited by karan561 : 15th March 2015 at 23:39.
Old 15th April 2015, 16:00   #69

Hello,

How often should we need to check the wheel alignment for Toyota Fortuner? I was told by the showroom folks that a wheel alignment every 5000 KMs would give better millage for Tyres and it could give 50000+ Kms.

-JJ
Old 15th April 2015, 16:59   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonjose View Post
Hello,

How often should we need to check the wheel alignment for Toyota Fortuner? I was told by the showroom folks that a wheel alignment every 5000 KMs would give better millage for Tyres and it could give 50000+ Kms.

-JJ
My car is @ 55k kms and haven't yet done the wheel alignment still. Its absolutely perfect. No need at all.

My theory is that why try mend something which is not broken ?

This remained same for my Cruze (@ 39k kms), Scala (@ 60k+ kms) & BMW (@ 18k kms)

^ none of them have i touched the factory setting.

I believe till its not "off" no need to just do the alignment for the sake of it.

Also my tryes have not had any uneven wear.

Some people may not agree & may counter with certain textual theories, they may be right in some way. But practically i haven't faced any problem.

So i suggest, till the wheel alignment is not "off" dont bother checking it.
Old 20th May 2015, 17:45   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaisonjose View Post
Hello,

-JJ
I have been regularly doing wheel alignment , wheel balancing and tyre rotation every 5000 kms or so. My tyres have run 82k kms and will last till 90 k. The computerised wheel alignment does show up minor changes that need to be corrected regularly if you want your tyres to wear evenly and last well.
Old 31st May 2015, 01:03   #72
BHPian

Hi,

I have read all the posts on this thread which were on Fortuner. I am a Xylo owner and have Bridgestone Dueler A/T as OEs. I have done 40k kms and the tires are worn out to good extent . They might still go on for another 10k kms..but i am doing a spiti trip next month and hence need good set of shoes for my ride..read about the reviews on cross contact tires and even liked the tires for their grip, block size and looks. The block size is definately more than the OE new one. Need suggestion from experts here. Should i go for OEs or change to Cross Contact. I had also considered MRF wanderer and Good Year Wrangler..but got mixed feedback that they loose shape in less time..and MRF being hopeless from one dealer..but also have a doubt..if MRF was hopeless why would Dusters have them as OEMs or why would I see a land rover on a set of wranglers ? You can enlighten me better. Pls. Suggest whether i should go for Cross Contact tires or any other ones mentioned or stay with Bridgestone.

My driving is mostly on City roads but do 2 trips annually to my native which also includes rural terrains and bit of off roads. I am on 215/75 R15 as OEM size.

Regards,
Rahul Korde
Old 1st June 2015, 15:47   #73
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Suggest whether i should go for Cross Contact tires or any other ones mentioned or stay with Bridgestone.

My driving is mostly on City roads but do 2 trips annually to my native which also includes rural terrains and bit of off roads. I am on 215/75 R15 as OEM size.
Rahul,

The Continentals are far more superior than the OE Bridgestone in every way, be it the design/look or the performance/grip.

Regarding the MRF option, i believe the wanderer sport is a good tyre (and works extremely well for the Duster) also the Wanderer A/T is a good tyre which we see on the Pajero Sport. These MRFs can be a good pocket friendly option.

Rest Wrangler i do not know anyone who has installed be it the Fortuner friends or anyone else, not sure about the costing too so you will have to get the feedback from someone else on that.

karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 12:17   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Rahul,

The Continentals are far more superior than the OE Bridgestone in every way, be it the design/look or the performance/grip.

Regarding the MRF option, i believe the wanderer sport is a good tyre (and works extremely well for the Duster) also the Wanderer A/T is a good tyre which we see on the Pajero Sport. These MRFs can be a good pocket friendly option.

Rest Wrangler i do not know anyone who has installed be it the Fortuner friends or anyone else, not sure about the costing too so you will have to get the feedback from someone else on that.

Thanks Karan for inputs.

I was about to finalize the GoodYear Wrangler RT/S in 215/75 R15 size but was confused about RT/S. I have heard and know what A/T or H/T is but what is RT/S ? Are these similar to A/T tyres ? How much difference do they make when compared to A/T ?
I am getting a good deal on GY-W and hence thought of it.

Any information in understanding what RT/S is will help a long way..

Regards,
Rahul
Old 5th June 2015, 13:16   #75
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulya007 View Post
Thanks Karan for inputs.

I was about to finalize the GoodYear Wrangler RT/S in 215/75 R15 size but was confused about RT/S. I have heard and know what A/T or H/T is but what is RT/S ? Are these similar to A/T tyres ? How much difference do they make when compared to A/T ?
I am getting a good deal on GY-W and hence thought of it.

Any information in understanding what RT/S is will help a long way..

Regards,
Rahul
Good Year RT-S is an all season tyre & not an all terrain tyre.

Its good for highway duty & can manage off road / trail driving decently.

Its a pretty ordinary tyre & reviews of this tyre are pretty average, hence you are getting a good deal.
karan561 is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed