Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2018, 18:10   #466
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDevil_KP View Post
Need a suggestion for my Toyota Liva TRD Sportivo (with stock body kit). I'm in line for replacing my tyres. The stock one's are Bridgestone Turanza (A10 I think) 185/60/R15. Planning to do an upgrade to 195/60/R15. Couple things I wanted to know as i'm getting mixed responses :

1. Is it worth making an upgrade from 185 - 195? Some of the dealers say it might effect the turning radius & Power steering. Others say it's not a problem if you upgrade. Your thoughts?

2. Couple of my friends who are on Yokohama/Michelin say these tyres are the best in the market now. Whether I opt for 185/195, would you recommend to switch to Yokohama/Michelin or any other? If not should I stick to Bridgestone only?
There's a straight 6mm difference between the two sizes you've mentioned.

It's a bit too much for the Liva. I suggest you stick to 185/60-15. 195/60-15 might scrape the wheel arches on full load or while turning the steering lock to lock.

Yokohama and Michelin do make very good tyres and they seem to be very good for the Indian market as well. They seem to offer the best of both worlds: Good comfort and grip along with durability and long life. Yokohama Earth 1 should be around 5k a tyre and the Michelin XM2 around 5600 or 5700 per tyre.
Nikhilb2008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2018, 10:33   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunmichael View Post
I have shortlisted XM2, B290 and Earth 1 for my Honda Amaze. Upgrading to 185/65/R14 from Goodyear 175/65/R4 which has done 36k kms.

I do two long drives a month (1000 kms each), drive mostly at nights via ghats and don't want to get stuck during odd hours with a tyre burst. My priority in decreasing order are safety, FE, comfort and road noise. And i am not a sedate driver though i used to extract 23 to 28 kmpl on these drives. Your suggestions are most welcome.
Well I have a slightly similar tyre size for my Lancer being 185/60/R14. I had changed from Bridgestone to Yokohama Earth 1 of similar size. From my experience Bridgestone was tough as nails and I didn't have a single puncture during the five years of its usage. They were a bit noisy though but were fairly grippy and durable. Ride comfort was ok too but the steering was a bit hard to turn. Coming to Yokohama I got them fitted in Aug 2017 and they are running fine. Road noise is certainly lesser than Bridgestone and the steering feels butter smooth. I got to test them during monsoon and I found them grippy despite being semi hard compound in nature. Besides the tyres give a comfortable feeling while driving over rough roads as well as smooth tarmac. Also while researching I found the Yokohama Earth 1 gave me the best bang for my buck compared to Michelin, Bridgestone, MRF, Goodyear, Falken, etc.
navin_v8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th May 2018, 07:31   #468

I am going to get my 2nd baby Ecosport 1.5L Diesel Titanium on 17th May. It's coming with factory fitted MRF ZV2K (205/60 R16). I got mixed reactions from my fellow car enthusiasts regarding ZV2Ks. Even during test drive of Ecosport I felt lack of confidence while braking and ride comfort was not that great. That car was worn ZV2Ks.

Now my question:

Is it worth changing the stock MRF ZV2K tyres with
1) Yokohama Earth 1 or BluEarth AE50 (Showing in the Yokohama India website) or
2) Bridgestone Potenza GIII or
3) Michelin Energy XM2 ?

Last edited by moralfibre : 13th May 2018 at 07:39. Reason: Formatting post.
Old 16th May 2018, 16:33   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorsmile82 View Post
Now my question:

Is it worth changing the stock MRF ZV2K tyres with
1) Yokohama Earth 1 or BluEarth AE50 (Showing in the Yokohama India website) or
2) Bridgestone Potenza GIII or
3) Michelin Energy XM2 ?
My Ecosport came with Goodyear Assurance back in 2014. 50K on the ODO was a real pain with punctures, tyre tear etc all coz of weak sidewall. Road noise was on top.

Never used MRF as yet, but based on what I understand from fellow owners, I would recommend an upgrade to any of the 3 based on your use or budget. I would strongly recommend Earth1 over GY or MRF
Old 17th May 2018, 14:37   #470
BHPian

My june 2016 fiat avventura emotion has covered 45k km till date .The OEM goodyear 205/55/r16 has recently troubling with multiple punctures and need replacement .Please,suggest suitable replacement as soon as possible
Old 24th May 2018, 17:00   #471
BHPian

I just changed the JK stock tyres on my Ritz Zxi to Yoko Earth 1 185/70/R14. I wanted to check on the air pressure on the tyres. Should i go as per what Maruti recommends or does it change wrt the tyre manufacturer? I couldnt find anything on the tyre bill or the document accompanying it.
Old 25th May 2018, 13:39   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
I just changed the JK stock tyres on my Ritz Zxi to Yoko Earth 1 185/70/R14. I wanted to check on the air pressure on the tyres. Should i go as per what Maruti recommends or does it change wrt the tyre manufacturer? I couldnt find anything on the tyre bill or the document accompanying it.
I use 34/32 (F/R) on my Swift VDI for the same tyre size. I guess yours being a petrol, you can try out 32 all round
Adi22 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2018, 13:59   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHerring View Post
The recommended tyre pressure for 185/70/R14 is 29. This is mentioned on the B-pillar, near the door latching unit.
Old 25th May 2018, 20:56   #474
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueblooded View Post
My june 2016 fiat avventura emotion has covered 45k km till date .The OEM goodyear 205/55/r16 has recently troubling with multiple punctures and need replacement .
Do check Yokohama BluEarth tyres. They are available in the size which you are looking for.

You can find few reviews by members here :
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...s-website.html
Old 26th May 2018, 10:27   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthusiast View Post
The recommended tyre pressure for 185/70/R14 is 29. This is mentioned on the B-pillar, near the door latching unit.
Thanks, yes i have seen that. I was just wondering if it changes from manufacturer to manufacturer since my stock tyres were JK and this was Yokohama. But i guess the recommended tyre pressure remains the same.
Old 28th May 2018, 18:59   #476
BHPian

To be prepared to takeon the Kerala Monsoon ! My Ecosport just got upgraded to Yokohama Earth1 after an year long - study, negotiation, window shopping. However they were at least 1K cheaper than the rest I had in the shopping list.

Got 4 of them now, have to go back to get my 5th tomorrow. Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-img_6087.jpeg

Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-img_6093.jpeg

Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-img_6091.jpeg

Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-img_6090.jpeg
peterjim13 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 00:10   #477
BHPian

Replaced the 165/70/R14 section stock JK tyres on my Ritz with Yoko Earth 1 185/70/R14. The ride quality has noticeably improved with lesser body roll. The JKs were 6 year old and had lost their softness after 43K on Odo. The Yokos were purchased from Amazon costed ₹ 3550 apiece after 10% cashback. Quite VFM I felt.
anthusiast is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2018, 20:43   #478
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterjim13 View Post
To be prepared to takeon the Kerala Monsoon ! My Ecosport just got upgraded to Yokohama Earth1 after an year long - study, negotiation, window shopping.
I switched to Yoko in early Jan and have completed 7k Kms. So far the experience has been good in terms of noise and grip with no punctures. Its quite good in the rains as well. I was expecting a slightly softer ride on the Ecosport, but it hasn't been the case. Looking for a good online deal to replace the spare.
Old 31st May 2018, 10:36   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
I switched to Yoko in early Jan and have completed 7k Kms. So far the experience has been good in terms of noise and grip with no punctures. Its quite good in the rains as well. I was expecting a slightly softer ride on the Ecosport, but it hasn't been the case. Looking for a good online deal to replace the spare.

Good to know !

On the ride, I felt Yoko to be much softer and stable than the GY's I had. The GY-Assurance was terrible in all.
Old 31st May 2018, 15:09   #480
Senior - BHPian

After much deliberation I am getting these for my 51400 KMs run i20. Considering the car has completed 7 years I believe I pushed my stock Apollos a wee bit too much.

They still have a fair amount of tread left but they have started to look really bad: chunks of rubber have come out, cracks have started to show, multiple punctures.

Getting these from Indo Radial Club Kolkata, quoted INR 4200/tyre.

Last edited by Pancham : 31st May 2018 at 15:10.

Most Viewed