Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 14th January 2021, 00:03   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvadakan View Post
Road Noise has somehow increase a tad bit.
New tyres will always feel better than the old tyres, is my take. But the wider tyres definitely help, in grip, cornering & ride too.

Also, tyres are noisier on concrete/cement roads. So suggest you drive on regular roads a little more to compare.
Old 17th January 2021, 18:43   #587
BHPian

Took delivery of my Vento highline plus a week ago, the stock tires were Goodyear that was the first thing to be upgraded.
Zig Wheels in Gurgaon quoted 10k for all 4 tires (195/55/16) for Yokohama earth 1 and 20k for Michelin

Honestly I have used 2 set of Michelin tires on my Sx4 both lasted 70K km and I totally loved them but this time around seeing Yoko Earth 1 gambled upon it just for change.

Have driven the car for about 500km since and the initial reports are nothing to complain about, except that I feel Michelin would have been more silent for sure.
Old 9th March 2021, 08:12   #588

My Figo is running on Yokohama Earth-1 185/65/R14 tyres . Replaced Michelin XM 2 tyres with Yokohama Earth-1 a year back and so far running without any hitch. Compared to Michelin , Yokohama Earth-1 behaves similar in braking , handling and road noise .One minor difference is in ride quality , Michelin XM2 had softer ride when compared to Yokohama Earth-1.

Last set of Yokohama Earth-1 tyres in my Fiesta lasted for 60 thousand kilometers. I often need to travel in village roads , poorly maintained roads and Yokohama Earth-1 withstood well. Apart from couple of punctures I have nothing to complain , no side wall cuts , no drama in hostile driving conditions and itís an great all weather tyres .
rainmaster is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 11:50   #589
BHPian

Upgraded to Yoko Earth 1 for my amaze , upsized from 175/65 R14 to 185/65 R14. The stock MRF ZVTV had gotten very noisy and one tire had completely worn out , with other three almost following suite, may have had another 2-3K left in them but decided to change anyway.
Got a ok deal of 4300 at SLNP -pitstop JP nagar, old tyres were more than 8 years old and hence discarded them.
Super impressed with the knowledge and customer service offered at this shop. the owner Mr.Manjunath was patient offered me all choices including Conti UC6, Bridgestone and appllo, explained the differences well and respected my choice.
XM2 were not available , which was my initial choice.
Run very little now , but car feels planted and a lot silent than before , have an upcoming longish trip of around 1K KM , that will be the time the differences will stand out.

Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-20210408_144740.jpg
Sporting its new shoes

Last edited by iceman07 : 9th April 2021 at 11:53.

Most Viewed