Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2021, 00:03   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvadakan View Post
Road Noise has somehow increase a tad bit.
New tyres will always feel better than the old tyres, is my take. But the wider tyres definitely help, in grip, cornering & ride too.

Also, tyres are noisier on concrete/cement roads. So suggest you drive on regular roads a little more to compare.
Old 17th January 2021, 18:43   #587
BHPian

Took delivery of my Vento highline plus a week ago, the stock tires were Goodyear that was the first thing to be upgraded.
Zig Wheels in Gurgaon quoted 10k for all 4 tires (195/55/16) for Yokohama earth 1 and 20k for Michelin

Honestly I have used 2 set of Michelin tires on my Sx4 both lasted 70K km and I totally loved them but this time around seeing Yoko Earth 1 gambled upon it just for change.

Have driven the car for about 500km since and the initial reports are nothing to complain about, except that I feel Michelin would have been more silent for sure.
Old 9th March 2021, 08:12   #588
BHPian

My Figo is running on Yokohama Earth-1 185/65/R14 tyres . Replaced Michelin XM 2 tyres with Yokohama Earth-1 a year back and so far running without any hitch. Compared to Michelin , Yokohama Earth-1 behaves similar in braking , handling and road noise .One minor difference is in ride quality , Michelin XM2 had softer ride when compared to Yokohama Earth-1.

Last set of Yokohama Earth-1 tyres in my Fiesta lasted for 60 thousand kilometers. I often need to travel in village roads , poorly maintained roads and Yokohama Earth-1 withstood well. Apart from couple of punctures I have nothing to complain , no side wall cuts , no drama in hostile driving conditions and it’s an great all weather tyres .
rainmaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th April 2021, 11:50   #589
BHPian

Upgraded to Yoko Earth 1 for my amaze , upsized from 175/65 R14 to 185/65 R14. The stock MRF ZVTV had gotten very noisy and one tire had completely worn out , with other three almost following suite, may have had another 2-3K left in them but decided to change anyway.
Got a ok deal of 4300 at SLNP -pitstop JP nagar, old tyres were more than 8 years old and hence discarded them.
Super impressed with the knowledge and customer service offered at this shop. the owner Mr.Manjunath was patient offered me all choices including Conti UC6, Bridgestone and appllo, explained the differences well and respected my choice.
XM2 were not available , which was my initial choice.
Run very little now , but car feels planted and a lot silent than before , have an upcoming longish trip of around 1K KM , that will be the time the differences will stand out.

Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-20210408_144740.jpg
Sporting its new shoes

Last edited by iceman07 : 9th April 2021 at 11:53.
iceman07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2021, 00:30   #590
BHPian

Got the tyres changed on my Swift Dzire. It was running the stock ones MRF ZV2K. Changed the size as well from 165/80 R14 to 185/70 R14.
Went for Earth 1 from Tyre World @ Ghaziabad. Costed 4.4k per tyre.
My stocks were running till 69k. After the change, car feels leagues apart. Grip has definitely increased. Hard corners have minimal body roll. Larger potholes are on the softer side now but smaller ones feel the same.

Anyways loving the tyres right now. Let's see how they fare in the long run.

The new ones.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-img_20210818_134719.jpg  

Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-img_20210818_135106.jpg  

ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 01:37   #591
Senior - BHPian

I shifted to these on my Innova (225/60R15) and while
1. Grip
2. Noise
3. Steering feel
4. Construction quality (some of the tires did not need any weight while balancing) are great, these are the hardest riding tubeless tires I have owned. Period. In the past I have had
1. Yoko C Drives 225/60R15)
2, Michelin (MXTE 155/80R13 , XM1 185/65R14 , Primacy ST4 215/55R17)
3. Goodyear Wagle NCT5 185/65R14
4. Bridgestone S248 165/80R13
5. Continental Contimax contact 225/60R15
6. Hankook and Bridgestone Turanza 215/60R16

These tires have the hardest ride I have seen..maybe a very tough sidewall that does not flex much.

Even reducing tire pressure significantly does not help much. So if you are looking for a plush ride, you aint find it here.
Old 2nd October 2021, 20:11   #592
BHPian

Dear Friends,

I'm on the lookout for Earth-1 Tyres in 185/65-R15 for my Dzire. In Hyderabad I'm being quoted Rs.5200 per tyre at various outlets.

Have any of you recently purchased these tyres? I wanted to know if I'm being taken for a ride or really there has been an increase in the price.

Also, from price point which is best Apollo Amazer 4G Life or B290 or Earth-1?

Best
GVK
Old 2nd October 2021, 22:00   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by G V Krishna View Post
Dear Friends,

I'm on the lookout for Earth-1 Tyres in 185/65-R15 for my Dzire. In Hyderabad I'm being quoted Rs.5200 per tyre at various outlets.

Have any of you recently purchased these tyres? I wanted to know if I'm being taken for a ride or really there has been an increase in the price.

Also, from price point which is best Apollo Amazer 4G Life or B290 or Earth-1?

Best
GVK
I think you are quoted on the higher side. Just checked on tyremarket and it shows 4.8k something. I got r14 for 4.4 so r15 should not be too far from it.

Regarding the brand depends on what you are looking for. I would go for B290.

Last edited by ankitsharma : 2nd October 2021 at 22:01. Reason: Spelling mistake
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2021, 13:37   #594
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Regarding the brand depends on what you are looking for. I would go for B290.
Hi Ankit,

Thanks for the input. Yes I too felt the same. But the strangest part was all the dealers were quoting a similar price. The B290 I had got good quotes than tyremarket. Have to go ahead after the rains subside.

Meanwhile I'll still be on the look out for any deals.
G V Krishna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 10:46   #595
BHPian

The Alnacs on my Polo had become hard as a rock and I was delaying the tyre change due to no running in Covid times. But a recent trip to Coorg felt like the car was running on rims instead of tyres, both in comfort and noise. So took the plunge and went for change.

Went to Madhus at wilson garden and liked two options - XM2+(6500 per tyre) and Earth 1's(5300 per tyre). The manufactured date was 2521 for Michelins and 4421(Just a week or two old !) for Earth 1's.

Went for 4 Earth 1's due to fresh manufacture, lower cost and fairly good reviews. Have driven 85kms in a day and it feels like gliding on potholes. Very low highway noise as compared to Alnacs. Initial impression is very good - will update long term review later.
amods is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 14:54   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amods View Post
Went for 4 Earth 1's due to fresh manufacture, lower cost and fairly good reviews. Have driven 85kms in a day and it feels like gliding on potholes. Very low highway noise as compared to Alnacs. Initial impression is very good - will update long term review later.
Congratulations for the new car shoes . Just don't over inflate them and fill only as per the vehicle recommended pressure. Too much air gives bumpy ride. I strictly follow the vehicle recommended Tyre pressure (36 PSI front and 33 PSI rear for my car) which is giving me very good fuel efficiency.
Old 2nd December 2021, 23:11   #597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenvadakan View Post
So after a lot of contemplation, I eventually changed the entire set to Yokohoma Earth 1's for my Grand i10. The earlier set were fairly worn out and had become considerably hard due to age. Also, I went a size up to 175/60 instead of the stock 165/60. FYI the stock tyres were Goodyear DP C1. Got the entire set for INR 18,000/-

Did Mumbai - Goa and back after the tyre change and I am happy to report that the highway mannerism has improved considerably. Earlier the car was not stable at speeds of around 100 kmph and especially on concrete roads, that has now gone.

Braking in another aspect which has seen the biggest improvement. The brake bite and the road grip now inspire more confidence to push the car if needed.

Road Noise has somehow increase a tad bit. I had read a lot of reviews where people did complain about the higher road noise with the Earth 1's. However for me, although the road noise has gone up, it's not much of a concern. After all a good playlist can ensure that you don't get bothered by it.

Attaching a pic from the trip which will give you a sense of how much the sized up tyre fills up the wheel well. IMO - It looks much better than the stock.
How's the ride with 175/60/R14 compared to 165/65/R14. I am really confused between Earth 1, UC6 and XM2+ for my Grand i10. No plans to upsize, just want something which is less prone to puncture and minimal road noise. Stock DP H1's have been pathetic to say the least in my experience.
Old 3rd December 2021, 14:25   #598
BHPian

Changed my Etios Liva tyres to Earth 1 today. Paid 20500 for 4 tyres. This includes Balancing, Alignment and new valves. I wanted to replace my existing Michelin XM2 (which had a running of around 65000 kms) with the same brand/model. But unfortunately, none of the dealers that I checked with have Michelin tyres for R14.
Old 3rd December 2021, 18:41   #599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phukan23 View Post
How's the ride with 175/60/R14 compared to 165/65/R14. I am really confused between Earth 1, UC6 and XM2+ for my Grand i10. No plans to upsize, just want something which is less prone to puncture and minimal road noise. Stock DP H1's have been pathetic to say the least in my experience.
Tires that offer silent running, are more prone to punctures owing to the softer compound.

The Michelins are great tires. They will give you a silent and plush ride as the tires are quite soft. Better suited for city driving in my opinion.

The Yoko Earth1s are heavy duty tires, and are probably made of a harder compound. As a result, the ride is not super silent like the Michelins, and you will hear some road noise. But the tires are like rocks. They don't puncture easily, and tolerate our dirt roads much better. I've been using them for the past year on my i20, and am very satisfied.

Also, Yokos offer 'Unconditional warranty'. I had a sidewall balloon after 6 months of purchase when I had hit a pothole at quite some speed. Tire was replaced under unconditional warranty, no questions asked. Earlier, this type of damage would not have been covered under warranty. I have posted about my experience in the Tire warranty thread.
I'm not aware of Michelin warranty program.
Old 5th December 2021, 22:33   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitruvius View Post
I'm not aware of Michelin warranty program.
Michelin doesn't offer unconditional warranty. They would say its external damage & deny warranty claim and at most offer 50% goodwill warranty under exceptional cases.
el lobo 6061 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks