Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2015, 19:28   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Question - are these tyres bidirectional?
My indica keeps eating up the outer edges, so if I can turn them inside out to longer their life, so much better!
Direction has nothing to got with tire wear. The alignment is out. Get it corrected
Old 8th October 2015, 00:15   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
Direction has nothing to got with tire wear. The alignment is out. Get it corrected
i get my alignment done once every 2K Kms, and I'm still getting the outer edges worn out in front. apparently this happens a lot with tata cars :/
Old 8th October 2015, 08:39   #258
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
i get my alignment done once every 2K Kms, and I'm still getting the outer edges worn out in front. apparently this happens a lot with tata cars :/
Oh ok. Tough luck. Even if you turn the tyres inside out it wont be of much help since the tyre surface is getting detoriated due to incorrect alignment. Also check if the Earth 1 has Inside and Outside faces marked on sidewall. If yes then you cannot turn them
Old 8th October 2015, 10:16   #259
BHPian

Quote:
It is because the rims get bent easily. Go to a tyre shop that straightens rims and you should see an improvement.
Old 8th October 2015, 10:22   #260
BHPian

Hello All

Stock Good Year tyres that came with my Linea were hard and not comfortable at all.

It lasted 25000km and developed flat spots.

I switched to Yokohama AVS DB - brilliant tyre but the route I took was rigged with nails (by puncture mafia that was active then) and after 32000 km on AVS, I got 20+ punctures by the time I hit 35000 km on those. One tyre got 9 punctures at single instance.

It was risky to have so many punctures on running tyres, so switched to Yokohama Earth 1. After 33000 km, i think the tyres are worn 60~65% and grip levels and comfort levels are still good. I am happy with this set.

Last edited by autocrat : 8th October 2015 at 10:23.
autocrat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2015, 12:55   #261
BHPian

How's the performance of these Yokohama Earth1 tyres for Swift Dzire ZDi as compared to Bridgestone S290 & MRF ZVTV ?
Tyre size is 185/65 R15.
Old 19th October 2015, 17:43   #262
Senior - BHPian

something strange happened today.
I was in the office parking lot to drop a parcel in my car, and this driver approached me and asked me how much I paid for them.
I said a bit above 4K, since i had gotten a "team bhp discount" on them.
He said I had paid too much, apparently these things were being sold for 2.5k, and that I should not have paid more than 2.7K for them.
I asked him what wheel size that price was for, and pat came the reply "175/65R14"
He spoke surprisingly good english, and had a decent idea about tyres - he said bridgestone was his preference because they lasted long, but I told him that they didnt have enough grip, which he agreed, and suggested apollo - which was what I had till now, but had given up because of uneven wear. He said that happens a lot with indicas.

but that bit about these tyres being sold for 2.5K was a bit unexpected - can someone else weigh in on this ?
Old 19th October 2015, 21:00   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Stolen stuff ? Or pulling a fast one on you ?

I havent come across anything less than 4150 for Earth's of that size
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2015, 22:27   #264
BHPian

Quote:
can someone else weigh in on this ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Stolen stuff ? Or pulling a fast one on you ?

I havent come across anything less than 4150 for Earth's of that size
+1 to condor. Either it's a stolen stuff or he's pulling a fast one on you.

Inquired recently about Earth-1 in 175/65/R14 size and they costs 4k here in surat.
Old 19th October 2015, 23:19   #265

Hi Team - I am getting my swift ZDI this week and planning to upgrade the wheels. I am looking for a nice set of 16 inch alloys which looks sporty. For the Tyres, I am considering Yoko Earth1 and the S drives. Your suggestions?
Old 20th October 2015, 23:29   #266
BHPian

Cross posting a query from other thread:

Planning to change the front tyres of my figo as two of the OEM Goodyears have shaped-out. There is enough tread left in them for another 15 k or so but will have to get them replaced anyway.

Should I change only the front tyres or go for all the fours?

Which is the best tyre w.r.t comfort n durability?

Yoko Earth1 in 175/65/R14 size are retailing for 4k whereas Michelin XM2 are for 4.6k apiece. Or are there better options available?

Please advice.
Old 20th October 2015, 23:42   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by auto_enthusiast View Post
Cross posting a query from other thread:
Should I change only the front tyres or go for all the fours?

Which is the best tyre w.r.t comfort n durability?

Yoko Earth1 in 175/65/R14 size are retailing for 4k whereas Michelin XM2 are for 4.6k apiece. Or are there better options available?

Please advice.
Well if I were you I would replace all 4 tires at the same time. My reason for doing is because of uniformity. Uniformity in thread and brand as well as in the condition of the tyres.
Sell off the old ones and they should fetch you about 1.6 to 2k depending on the condition they are in. I sold one of my gt3's for 1k with about 40 %of thread left.
Since I bought Michelins for my car I will tell you that it is an excellent tyre. Really good. I have driven about 45k kms on them and they should last another 15k. Good grip, less noise and extremely durable. I must have had 3 punctures in the entire life of the tires... And that too because of nails. Most dealers will tell you that Michelins are very soft and don't last long. But I would not believe them.
The choice is obviously yours. But I don't regret having bought Michelins. They are great.
bigben is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2015, 00:09   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravinzs77 View Post
Hi Team - I am getting my swift ZDI this week and planning to upgrade the wheels. I am looking for a nice set of 16 inch alloys which looks sporty. For the Tyres, I am considering Yoko Earth1 and the S drives. Your suggestions?
Its good that you're getting New Swift Dzire. I too have the same since 2012 & its performance & road manners are good till to date and it doesn't need wider tyres as it already comes with 185/65 R15 tyres, much wider than stock OEM tyres of L & V variants. But still if you want best out of them, then try to choose Swift Dzire with Bridgestone tyres or get them replaced with another Swift, Dzire tyres from that brand.

Regarding 16 inch wheels, you need to reduce the profile of its tyres further i.e from 65 to even less, so you will have to compromise on its Ride quality & IMHO its stock 185/65 R15 strikes a right balance of ride quality & Handling.
Even if you want to stick to your decision then I want to add that Apollo are one of the best set for such low profile for all type of usage.
Yokohama Earth1, as one of a tyre shop owner told that it is made of soft & light material hence not so expensive. Infact, 16-inch tyres are available in Yokohama but their width size starts from 205 not 195. So either you have to retain the same 15-inch rim or have to opt for 205 size but i won't recommend this as it won't be the sensible option for the long run.
So plan accordingly, as per your need & options available.
Old 21st October 2015, 07:13   #269
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pravinzs77 View Post
Tyres - Earth-1 should be fine.
Wheels - no to 16". With reduced side-wall height, your ride will be less comfortable. Stay with 14, or max 15.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 10:56   #270
BHPian

Its 11k+ complete with these tyres. The tyres are no more as silent as they were until 7.5k kms. A lot of road noise seeps into the cabin while the performance has not deteriorated in anyway(which is good I guess). Not sure if I will require some kind of carpet insulation when I reach 20K kms on these tyres!! Are some of you facing the same problem? fyi - I drive a Figo Diesel.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks