Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2016, 19:00   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
That would be helpful . Even i am planning to go for Earth One after the current C Drives wear out
Sorry for late response @sagarpadaki.

Here is my experience with Yoko Earth-1 tyres.
The one word i would say is its awesome

Between christmas to new year last year, i drove about 2000 kms in Tamil Nadu and mostly on bad & very bad roads due to torrential rains. I was very happy that the tyres could withstand and take all the hit.

Comparing to i20 stock Apollo tyres, i would say Yoko Earth-1 is little quieter but not too much. My personal feel is that the tyres are kinda rugged but nothing to worry on comfort side at least to me.

Overall very happy with the tyres so far. Would definitely recommend it !

-Ravi
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:08   #302
BHPian

Its been a good experience with Earth-1 so far. I have these on my Punto in 195/60 R15 size,and it is holding up very well. The tires have clocked 25k kms and I think they can easily last for another 30k kms. These tyres are taking good and bad roads with equal ease.
Earlier too I had Yokohama C drives, which after few thousand kms became noisy and wore out quickly too.
The only issue with Earth-1 is, I find them to be a stone magnet. Need to clear the stones that gets lodged in the tyres from time to time. I highly recommend them.
CarMaster is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2016, 15:04   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarMaster View Post
Its been a good experience with Earth-1 so far. I have these on my Punto in 195/60 R15 size,and it is holding up very well. The tires have clocked 25k kms and I think they can easily last for another 30k kms. These tyres are taking good and bad roads with equal ease.
Earlier too I had Yokohama C drives, which after few thousand kms became noisy and wore out quickly too.
The only issue with Earth-1 is, I find them to be a stone magnet. Need to clear the stones that gets lodged in the tyres from time to time. I highly recommend them.
Gosh! It's like our cars are twins. I too changed too Yokohama C-drives the very first day. They lasted my 29K KMS, the tread was almost gone when I changed them.

I have not fitted Yokohama Earth-1 in stock size and so far I'm very happy with them. I've done only 150 KMS on them, but the initial feedback is ver positive. They're quiet and grip level is also commendable.

Cheers
Old 4th February 2016, 19:20   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

The C-Drives on my i20 are done 40K kms and looks like they will last another 5K kms .

Now in a dilema whether to go for C-Drives again or go with the Earth1 or any other option? C Drives are excellent in dry and superb in wet. Although they have become noisy after 30K kms. Also they are available online only and removed from Yoko india website.So looks like they are officially discontinued.
Old 5th February 2016, 10:18   #305
BHPian

Quote:
The C-Drives on my i20 are done 40K kms and looks like they will last another 5K kms .

Now in a dilema whether to go for C-Drives again or go with the Earth1 or any other option? C Drives are excellent in dry and superb in wet. Although they have become noisy after 30K kms. Also they are available online only and removed from Yoko india website.So looks like they are officially discontinued.
I am in the same boat. My 185/65 R14 C drive has lasted for 60K km very nicely with my Liva. Could not get C drives in Pune, so mostly going ahead with earth-1. So, you might not get access to C drive as well. There is not much negative about earth-1 in our forum.

Last edited by sups : 5th February 2016 at 10:41.
Old 5th February 2016, 17:45   #306
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
I am in the same boat. My 185/65 R14 C drive has lasted for 60K km very nicely with my Liva. Could not get C drives in Pune, so mostly going ahead with earth-1. So, you might not get access to C drive as well. There is not much negative about earth-1 in our forum.
Earth 1s are wearing better than C drives, I feel.

I have Earth 1 on my Octavia, C drives on my 300E, and A drives on my E220. The Earth 1s are definitely the best of the lot, and the C drives are the noisiest.
Viraat13 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2016, 18:06   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viraat13 View Post
I have Earth 1 on my Octavia, C drives on my 300E, and A drives on my E220. The Earth 1s are definitely the best of the lot, and the C drives are the noisiest.
That's great. I am now feeling more confident to go for Earth1. However, before taking the final call, I would see Earth1 alongside XM2. The later though is Rs. 500 more expensive per tyre.
Old 5th February 2016, 18:42   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sups View Post
That's great. I am now feeling more confident to go for Earth1. However, before taking the final call, I would see Earth1 alongside XM2. The later though is Rs. 500 more expensive per tyre.
Based on the reviews read here, I got Earth 1 tyres for my Corolla and have done close to 6k kms and can say that I made a right decision.

Tires are almost noise less and have found a good grip on highways and rains as well. Only down side is it is a stone magnet and I take out whatever possible stones once in a while. But I don't see this an issue.

I have not used XM2 and can't comment on them.
Old 8th February 2016, 18:43   #309
BHPian

I have clocked 24K on my Earth-1 tyres. Compared to the Apollo Amazer 4G tyres, that I had earlier, I like them a lot. More grip, dry and wet, and significantly quieter. They are wearing out a lot faster though. But I like them.

However, today morning I realized that one of the rear tyres seemed to have lost a lot of pressure. A visit to the local tyre fixer and he pulls out a wicked 1.5 inch nail out of it! Now, I am a little worried and have a question for you experts and folks who have driven on a fixed Earth 1. Is it safe to use this tyre on the highway? Or, should I consider changing it? Thank you for your inputs!
Old 8th February 2016, 20:29   #310
BHPian

Another satisfied bhp-ian with earth-1(185/65/14) on my figo tdci.Already 33k driven and still another 25k left.Good grip and decibel levels on lower side.Truely vfm product.
Attached Thumbnails
Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-dscn4466.jpg  

Esu Junior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 20:36   #311
Distinguished - BHPian

I have too have the Earth-1 tyres for my Ford Aspire and even I concur that it was a great decision as Michelins were about a couple of grand more per tyre

Very good grip and traction and have completed 8000kms so far and absolutely happy with its performance as they costed just a little more than OEM tyres of Aspire

However, I wouldn't call them absolutely noiseless, there is some noise at high speeds but, quite bearable
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2016, 12:13   #312
BHPian

Hey guys

Cross posting from the old figo tyre thread.

I need a new set of tyres to replace the old stock MRFs on my mom's figo.She is a bit of a carefree driver and hence a tyre that is more resistant to abuse is of utmost importance.Also to some extent decent dry/wet grip will be a plus point. Low Tyre noise and good comfort are not a priority.

I have narrowed down my choice between the Earth1 tyre and Assurance armorGrip(Kevlar). The reason i am considering the Assurance is due to the positive reviews from my friend who had them on his Ecosport,which was also used on his farm

I also have the assurance tripleMAx on my ciaz and after completing 19k km in a year am quite satisfied.
I haven't selected the turanza,which are also very good ,due to their high cost.

I wanted to know how these two tyres compare in the Durability and grip department only.They both cost almost the same,100rs difference

Regards
Old 23rd February 2016, 12:23   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
I have too have the Earth-1 tyres for my Ford Aspire and even I concur that it was a great decision as Michelins were about a couple of grand more per tyre

Very good grip and traction and have completed 8000kms so far and absolutely happy with its performance as they costed just a little more than OEM tyres of Aspire

However, I wouldn't call them absolutely noiseless, there is some noise at high speeds but, quite bearable
+1

Completely agree with @mobike008. I exactly felt the same. Its a great choice of tyre, but yes, i won't say it is noiseless. It may be little lesser than what i had with Apollo stock tyres in my i20, but the way Earth-1 handles the car and road grip is awesome.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 15:57   #314
BHPian

Replaced thE front two Stock MRfs of my figo with the earth1 tyres. Went with the stock profile.

These new tyres were 8 months old,hence got slightly more discount.Most dealers in Goa sell 175/65 r14 earth1s for 4400/- with alignment free.The newest tyres i could find after asking 4 dealers were 6 months old.Hence went to a trusted and well known dealer and got them for 4.2k per tyre with free alignment.
According to theses dealers, the reason they are sitting on old stock is due to many people buying tyres online and hence business is low.Though none of the manufactures honor warranty of online tyres.

Ill come to know how good these tyres are after some more running but for the 25km that i covered,they are considerably silent,though on rough and degraded roads they are audible but still not as much.The steering wheel is also lighter,as expected from new tyres.

Was considering Goodyear Assurance AG but they were slightly more expensive than the yokos and had very few reviews for me to make an informed decision ,though they are quite durable and Goodyear backs it with 2 years unconditional sidewall warranty.

Hoping these tyres survive our Indian conditions without much fuss

Regards

Last edited by rambo1o1 : 27th February 2016 at 16:13.
Old 29th February 2016, 00:48   #315
Senior - BHPian

I swapped the OEM tyres with 185/65 r14 Earth 1's on Figo Aspire. I'm little unhappy with the tyres. I can feel each and every undulation from the tyres. Also the tyre noise is on higher side. I keep the tyre pressure 32 psi all round. Is something wrong with the tyres?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks