Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2016, 20:17   #376
BHPian

Re: Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
Currently there are no tires available in 195/55/R16 except the stock Bridgestone / MRFs.
Not available in the market or you mean not being made ?
Goodyear does make the 195/55/R16 in Assurance Triplemax tread. And it has a 2 years / 50% traed wear unconditional warranty too.
Old 16th December 2016, 23:26   #377
BHPian

My Polo TDI Trendline had clocked 40K on the stock Acelers. They did a decent job, so I thought ! I still had sufficient treads on them, but after a couple of sliding events during high speed breaking, I decided it was high time I changed those.

A last minute decision made me pick the Yokohama Earth 1 series. Did an upgrade to 185/65/R14 from the stock 175/70/R14. Changed all the 4 tyres each @ 4150/- and also changed their necks based on the advice from the shop manager.

The driving experience - Wow ! The car was behaving totally different. Extremely silent (now I know when people say tyre noise) , super smooth (the thuds I used to feel while going over expansion joints are no more) and the grip is fantastic even in rain so gives me good confidence.

I do feel a slight sluggishness or heaviness- maybe I need to increase the pressure up a bit to 35 PSI and try.

Overall - I am a happy driver.
kutts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th December 2016, 00:01   #378
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kutts View Post
My Polo TDI Trendline had clocked 40K on the stock Acelers. They did a decent job, so I thought ! I still had sufficient treads on them, but after a couple of sliding events during high speed breaking, I decided it was high time I changed those.

A last minute decision made me pick the Yokohama Earth 1 series. Did an upgrade to 185/65/R14 from the stock 175/70/R14. Changed all the 4 tyres each @ 4150/- and also changed their necks based on the advice from the shop manager.

The driving experience - Wow ! The car was behaving totally different. Extremely silent (now I know when people say tyre noise) , super smooth (the thuds I used to feel while going over expansion joints are no more) and the grip is fantastic even in rain so gives me good confidence.

I do feel a slight sluggishness or heaviness- maybe I need to increase the pressure up a bit to 35 PSI and try.

Overall - I am a happy driver.
35 PSI is way too much unless you are 5 people and luggage in the car. I have Yokohama AVS DBs and I usually run 32 PSI.

A slight upsize would result in steering getting a bit heavier. I felt that in my case as i upsized from 180 to 195.

CHEERS!!

Rachit
Rachit.K.Dogra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2016, 23:08   #379
BHPian

I replaced 2 of my cars JK's with Earth 1's. Up sized the Swift VDI (Gen2) 165/80 to 185/70 R14 88H (Mfd Oct 2016) on stock rims and SX4 ZXI remains stock at 205/60 R16 92V (Mfd Nov 2016). It was an impulse call and I am now for i can't find the technical spec's on tread wear, traction, temperature of these tyre's to see where they fit. The dealer mentioned they were Silica based tyres with 5 yrs warranty. I now cannot reference any of it online, including their official website which is near useless, with no real technical information.

They seem to have several variants within Earth 1 series, in other markets. So can't compare it to India spec tyres.

I would really appreciate any pointers or references to this information.
Old 26th December 2016, 21:47   #380
BHPian

I just replaced my 36k km run stock GY assurance tires on my Ciaz with earth 1(stock size). The GY were completely bald.They served well,Good grip, low noise and extremely resistant to punctures... Even though my dad, for the past 6 months has been driving/parking near a construction site .

Since i have the earth 1 on my figo and they are cheaper than new GY assurance, decided to give it a try. Dint want to spend too much on turanza, xm2, MC5 etc since we just wanted a decent all-rounder.

Initially impressions are the same wherever anyone puts new tyres , will see how they behave as the km increase. But the sidewall design don't really win any competition in the looks department, they look smaller and more ugly/plain as compared to the stock GY assurance beautiful sidewall. 😁 So if better looking sidewalls are a must, strike these earth 1s out 😂

Coming to the behavior of the earth 1s(5k old) on my figo, the grip is great, seems to have a deeper thread(hopefully last longer) and no issues with punctures. But the only cons are the slightly higher noise levels(compared to 15k run xm2 on a friend s figo) and the small stones that get stuck in the thread that make a racket.

Regards
Old 16th January 2017, 16:06   #381
BHPian

Guys. My 8 year old SX4 VXI running on stock Bridgestone (33k km) is due for replacement. Tyres have not worn out but have got hard and brittle and thus making the ride stiff.
Stock tyre size 195/65 R15.
One of the recommended is Yokohama Earth One.
Can some one share their feed back on this tyre size as I did not see it before ?
How much can I expect for my old tyres ? I have been told 50-100 bucks which I feel quite less but not sure off.
Old 4th March 2017, 12:23   #382
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramp View Post
The near by shop in Hosur Road Bangalore quote the following price for Earth 1.

185/65 R14 - Rs.4100 per tyre
195/65 R14 - Rs.4500 per tyre
Fitted two 185/65 R14 Earth1 tyres (for my Palio) last week from Lokmanya Tyres, Pune. Cost Rs. 4,200/- each.

I had to change my C.drives as there was a sidewall puncture on one of them (hardly used for 5000 kms) and uneven wear on another (due to improper wheel alignment).

Did a 200+ km drive yesterday. Tyres are as silent as C.drives. Braking appears to have improved (the rear tyres have done just above 10,000 kms). One big plus point is that at triple digit speeds C.drive used to make the steering lighter - Earth1 is able to give a better feel till 120. (Is it because the tyres are new?)

A note worthy point - dealer told me that the tyres carry an 'UNCONDITIONAL' warranty for 2 years (forgot the kms limit)!
vrprabhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2017, 22:10   #383
BHPian

Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)

Changed my stock tyre on i20 elite sportz 2014 version to Yokohama earth 1 in Nagpur. The odo reading was 38715 kms. The stock tryes were completely worn out.

Could immediately feel the difference in driving within city limits, the sound is almost gone and the control is much better.

The tyres bear manufacturing date of dec'16. It costed my 4K per sku from A plus tyre shoppe in Nagpur.

Size: 185/70/R14

Attaching old and new pics. Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490546219.925162.jpg

Yokohama Earth-1 Tyres (designed for India)-imageuploadedbyteambhp1490546321.278018.jpg

Last edited by saurabh89 : 26th March 2017 at 22:15.
Old 28th March 2017, 17:58   #384
BHPian

I bought the Yokohama Earth 1 in the stock ANHC size. The earlier GYs had covered 43000 and they had become really hard. Got the Earth 1's for 4500 a piece from Saifee Tyres in Santacruz (My third set of tyres from him; earlier 2 sets being XM1 and XM2).

First impressions (purely on an optical basis), the tire does not look premium to me somehow. The XM2s looked the part. The Earth1 has a nice tread pattern but the sidewall will not win any beauty competition. Anyway, the brief 5 km ride was smooth especially since I was replacing my near bald GY Gt3s. Will update the thread once i run them in more.
JayKavadi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2017, 06:54   #385
BHPian

I bought the Yokohama Earth 1 for my SX4 VXi whose OEM tyres had run 40K kms. Got the Earth 1's for 5200 a piece from Tyre Smart in HSR Layout ORR in Blore (195/65R15 91H).

I didn't get a warranty card. Shouldn't I have got a warranty card also?

(the dealer claims it has a 5-year warranty)
Old 31st March 2017, 14:23   #386
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKavadi View Post
The Earth1 has a nice tread pattern but the sidewall will not win any beauty competition
Yes. In fact the C.drives had some "Nike" like arrows on the side wall, which gave a better look.....

Have done two long trips - ~ 400 kms each - with Earth1 (only the front tyres). Noise is definitely lower and braking is better.

I could also 'feel' the difference when driving over potholes - the thudding sound is slightly muted as compared to C.drives - better sidewall, perhaps?
Old 6th April 2017, 23:48   #387
BHPian

I will be getting my Aspire Titanium Deisel on the 19th of this month. I have enquired for the prices to exchange the OEM Tyres which will be 175/65/14 MRF Zvtv or Apollo Alnac 4G (I guess that's the name).
What I want to know is that I've been quoted 2800/- difference to exchange the OEM tyres with Yokohama Earth 1 size being 185/65/14. Is this the correct amount to be paid as a difference?

I've checked with two big tyre dealers in Delhi first Universal tyres in Kailash Colony (main road) and second will be B.K tyres in Lajpat Nagar.

Bhpians from NCR if you could help me find a good price and a reliable Dealer it'll be a Great Help. May be somewhere I can get extra discount after mentioning that I'm a Bhpian too !

Cheers !

Dev-Gun
Old 6th April 2017, 23:51   #388
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev-Gun View Post
What I want to know is that I've been quoted 2800/- difference to exchange the OEM tyres with Yokohama Earth 1 size being 185/65/14. Is this the correct amount to be paid as a difference?
Cant say correct price, but looks ok. that's 700 Rs per tyre. Try to bargain by at least getting balancing etc included.
condor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2017, 22:15   #389
BHPian

Thinking of replacing my current 2012 Honda City Stock Size R15 175/65 with similar size Yokohama or Michelin. I had earlier purchased Yokohama A drive for our Hyundai Getz. Really happy with the Yokohama A Drive tyres.

I have read from forums that the Yokohama Earth 1s are designed for India and made in India. The Yokohama A drive I had purchased earlier, were made in Philippines.

Question I have is, what is the difference between Yokohama A drive v/s Earth 1 (stock size R15 175/65). Which one would be better suited for the 2012 Honda City? Please suggest.

Last edited by geotracks : 9th April 2017 at 22:17.
Old 10th April 2017, 01:37   #390
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by geotracks View Post
Question I have is, what is the difference between Yokohama A drive v/s Earth 1 (stock size R15 175/65). Which one would be better suited for the 2012 Honda City? Please suggest.
The better question would be, are A-Drives even available anymore? I thought Earth-1's are a replacement for the A's. The only difference between the 2 is that E1's have double-ply sidewall and more updated tread for better grip, longevity and water repelling. E1s are better than As, no doubt, but I'd still recommend Michelin XM2s, though softer and less rigid.. they are ecologically friendly and comfort oriented tyres after all.

If you want tougher sidewalls and long lasting (50k) tread, then Earth-1, if you want less noise+better grip and better handling at lesser life (40k) then XM2, of course the longevity is purely driver/road dependent, there are reports of Yokos failing at 40k and Michelins going past 60k as well.

BTW, big mistake giving the Getz away, BIG.

Last edited by dark.knight : 10th April 2017 at 01:39.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks