Team-BHP - Puncture Guru, Bangalore : Tyre repair service at your doorstep
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Tyre & Alloy wheel Section (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/)
-   -   Puncture Guru, Bangalore : Tyre repair service at your doorstep (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/143585-puncture-guru-bangalore-tyre-repair-service-your-doorstep.html)

MODS:Please move/merge this to appropriate thread if incorrect.

Came across this recently:
http://www.punctureguru.com/

They claim to provide service 7am-9pm 7 days a week. Also, service at doorstep is available.
For now, I'm just keeping the number handy and will post a review if I get a chance to use their service.

I wish them well, but I don't think they'll still be in business next year. They need to add offer more car-related doorstep services (Eg: jumpstarting a car's battery, scratch removal, interiors cleaning etc) to be a viable business.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 3278041)
I wish them well, but I don't think they'll still be in business next year.

Disagreed, buddy. If these guys deliver on the service aspect, there are many who'd pay a premium for the added convenience of a puncture fix at their doorstep. Beats changing a flat (time, inconvenience & lack of knowledge for many) or worse still, driving on a flat tyre and damaging it.

Quote:

more car-related doorstep services (Eg: jumpstarting a car's battery, scratch removal, interiors cleaning etc)
True. Complementary services always bring additional $$$.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3278918)
Disagreed, buddy. If these guys deliver on the service aspect, there are many who'd pay a premium for the added convenience of a puncture fix at their doorstep. Beats changing a flat (time, inconvenience & lack of knowledge for many) or worse still, driving on a flat tyre and damaging it.

The number of punctures resulting in totally flat tyre has come down a lot, most probably because of somewhat decent city roads and usage of tubeless tyres (which let out air very slowly). In the past 10 years, I don't ever recall getting up early in the morning, noticing a totally flat tyre and getting down to changing the tyre.

Personally, if I notice low air pressure, I first fill her up at the petrol pump and check the air pressure visually the next few days. Because it could not be a puncture after all - but just some bunch of naughty kids letting some air out when the car was parked!

So the issue is not about quality or speed of service but of brand/company recall. When people rarely use a company or a service, they tend to forget about its existence over time. However, if you are using a "at home car service" (that offers the services I mentioned in the previous post) regularly, you will remember to call them up when you actually get a totally flat tyre.

I rarely have tyre punctures but when I did, I called up Puncture Guru!

Gautham arrives on his Hero Maestro -

Puncture Guru, Bangalore : Tyre repair service at your doorstep-dsc00511.jpg

He whips out an hydraulic pump and removes the suspect tyre -

Puncture Guru, Bangalore : Tyre repair service at your doorstep-dsc00509.jpg

Uses a bottle spray on the tyre and finds an embedded nail -

Puncture Guru, Bangalore : Tyre repair service at your doorstep-dsc00510.jpg

Seals the hole with a puncture repair kit and uses a foot pump to inflate the tyre -

Puncture Guru, Bangalore : Tyre repair service at your doorstep-dsc00512.jpg

Gautham started this business with an investment of Rs. 30,000 six months back, and now gets 5 to 6 calls per day. Most of his business comes from word-of-mouth customer referrals and also from JustDial.com. He charges anywhere between Rs. 150 to Rs. 300, depending on your location.

He now intends to buy a Maruti Van and plans to offer car jumpstarting, car battery sales and new tyre sales.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 3278041)
... I don't think they'll still be in business next year.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3278918)
Disagreed, buddy.

Looks like Smartcat was right. Punctureguru not reachable.

Note:
Pls close thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by condor (Post 4203124)
Looks like Smartcat was right. Punctureguru not reachable. Note: Pls close thread

Forgot to update this thread, but this guy closed shop last year. He has now setup a traditional wheel alignment/balancing and tyre sales shop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by smartcat (Post 4203179)
Forgot to update this thread, but this guy closed shop last year. He has now setup a traditional wheel alignment/balancing and tyre sales shop.

It may not have been working out for him to survive solely on puncture repairs. A wheel alignment and balancing workshop, along with tire sales or other related equipment guarantees business.