Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Old 1st July 2020, 10:49   #406
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: 4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghav96 View Post
Hi guys,

My city needs new shoes for her and this time I am thinking of going for 195/60/r15. I have couple of questions so experienced bhpians please help me decide.

1) Is it safe to put 195/60 size on stock alloys?

2) Which tyre to go for?
I have changed the tires on my City V MT to 195/60 R15 Michelin P4ST a little more than a year and 10,000 kms back. Fantastic upgrade and no complaints thus far. Good comfort and good grip on the tires. Though Michelins were on the slightly higher price band as compared to Yokohamas (which is the other brand I was considering), I felt the price differential was well worth it. The upgrade is absolutely safe and tried/tested. You can go for the upgrade without any worries whatsoever.

I would suggest the Michelins from my personal experience, though I have not tried the Perfinzas yet (I hear they are great tires as well). You can't go wrong with either of these options.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 10:48   #407
BHPian

Dear fellow TBHPians,

I know that for VMT model 195/60 R15 is the most popular model. However, I just need to understand what's the demerit of going with 205/55 R15? I was just doing a spec comparison and found that the later one has a minimal % variance w.r.t overall circumference. Please help me clarify this confusion.
Attached Thumbnails
4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-tyre-upsize.jpg  

Old 10th July 2020, 11:15   #408
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
Dear fellow TBHPians,

I know that for VMT model 195/60 R15 is the most popular model. However, I just need to understand what's the demerit of going with 205/55 R15? I was just doing a spec comparison and found that the later one has a minimal % variance w.r.t overall circumference. Please help me clarify this confusion.
You will likely need to upgrade alloys to handle 205 width, at which point you can even consider going the 16" way, and that is why 195 is a more popular upgrade, as it is within the limits of stock rims.

See table in this post for reference: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post2455265 (Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!)

Last edited by echo77 : 10th July 2020 at 11:19.
echo77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 11:27   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samkat1 View Post
what's the demerit of going with 205/55 R15?
If I am not wrong bhpian shreyas jain is running this set up on the stock alloy of honda city so you may not have to change the alloy but 205 profile is the maximum size which can be put on the stock alloy so choose wisely.

205 will jut out of the body and stones/debris will hit the doors and rear bumper. The acceleration and fuel efficiency will reduce considerably(195 upgrade results in 1-1.5kmpl reduction in fuel efficiency, no idea about 205).

Last edited by Raghav96 : 10th July 2020 at 11:29.
Old 10th July 2020, 11:28   #410
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo77 View Post
You will likely need to upgrade alloys to handle 205 width, at which point you can even consider going the 16" way, and that is why 195 is a more popular upgrade, as it is within the limits of stock rims.

See table in this post for reference: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post2455265 (Does anyone buy a Honda City anymore?! Oops! I did-and fell in love with it!!)
Just what I was looking for... So it's pretty clear that with 5.5J width, I need to keep it to a max of 195.

Thanks, mate!!!
samkat1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2020, 17:40   #411

Hi all,

What is your opinion on the XM2+ vs the Goodyear assurance triple max 2 in the stock size? Other suggestions for stock sizes are welcome. Also the dealer was telling me that Goodyear has a 2 year warranty of sidewall cut etc. is there any truth to that. Lastly my Honda City is mainly a car driven by the driver in the city and an occasional highway run so does it make any sense to upgrade to 195/60 R15?

Thanks.

Most Viewed