Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2017, 14:21   #316
BHPian

Re: 4th gen. Honda City : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altocumulus View Post
185s are for Vx and Zx on 16 inch alloys. V variants have 175s on 15 inch alloys. So an upsize is recommended.

I have upsized as well to 195/60/R15 Michelin XM2s on the day of the delivery.
I am waiting for delivery of version V. 175 stock tyre need an upgrade, that's what the majority of City owners feel. Even at the risk of losing warranty for suspension, many people are doing that.
Old 5th May 2017, 15:35   #317
BHPian

I just upgraded the tires on my dad's car from the stock 175/65/15 MRF to 195/60/15 Yokohama Earth 1. 4700/tire, I'm glad we are moving away from the horrible air bubbles that keep popping up, got at least two tires replaced under warranty over the past year and now two more had the same issue. Sick of them.
Old 19th May 2017, 08:40   #318
BHPian

Does anybody know the GST rates for Tyres. Prices have gone up considerably even though natural rubber prices have declined from historic highs. Yet Tyre companies are not reducing prices. Was talking to a Michelin dealer who told me sales are taking a hit due to price rise & only those in absolute need are buying & many are postponing the purchases... Will GST have any meaningful impact ??
Old 19th May 2017, 11:22   #319
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post
I just upgraded the tires on my dad's car from the stock 175/65/15 MRF to 195/60/15 Yokohama Earth 1. 4700/tire, I'm glad we are moving away from the horrible air bubbles that keep popping up, got at least two tires replaced under warranty over the past year and now two more had the same issue. Sick of them.
Are the Earth 1's a tad bit noisy? Where do you live and where did you get them from? It's a pretty good price and I'm looking at changing the shoes oh my 2011 city as well.

Gurgaon guys, anyone got Earth 1's recently? T-Mart on Sohna Road doesn't deal in Yokos and the other place I found out from is selling it for 5k a piece.
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:45   #320
BHPian

I got 1 set of 4x Michelin Tyres (195/60 R15) for 25500/- two weeks ago. It seems the GST on tyres will be highest @28%. Not able to find out what is the total tax on tyres right now & since I need to buy another set of Michelin not able to decide if to wait for GST or get the tyres now ??
Old 27th May 2017, 19:22   #321
BHPian

Hey everyone,
Any recommendations for the best tyre to go for my 3rd generation City Ivtec? I am looking at up sizing but am confused as to what tyre to go for. The previous stock Mrf's are dying at 30k of usage, want something durable but not bad on grip either. The car is not driven a lot and has to deal with choppy Noida roads. Road noise is not a big issue if the grip and durability is good.
Old 27th May 2017, 21:12   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Any recommendations for the best tyre to go for my 3rd generation City Ivtec? I am looking at up sizing but am confused as to what tyre to go for. The previous stock Mrf's are dying at 30k of usage, want something durable but not bad on grip either. The car is not driven a lot and has to deal with choppy Noida roads. Road noise is not a big issue if the grip and durability is good.
Dear Doge,

Even the stock MRFs in my dad's 2008 Honda City ZX are due for a replacement but I would be going in for stock size replacement only. My suggestion to you would be to check out Michelin Energy XM2 (I think they offer the best balance of all characteristics). If you not willing to spend that much (since you mentioned the car isn't driven much), check out Bridgestone B250 and I am sure you'll always live with a smile.

No idea about how GST is going to impact on the tyre prices. Also, since you haven't mentioned what size upgrade you are looking for, so may be the ones I have mentioned may not have your size on the offer.

In my dad's car, I'll surely be going in for XM2s. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf_lone View Post
Not able to find out what is the total tax on tyres right now & since I need to buy another set of Michelin not able to decide if to wait for GST or get the tyres now ??
Dear wolf_lone,

Looks the dealer didn't give you a genuine bill with all the details there in. IMO, you should have questioned him and insisted for one. Hope this wasn't a cash transaction in which case many dealers have a tendency to skip any proof of transaction. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 27th May 2017 at 21:23.
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th May 2017, 07:02   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doge View Post
Hey everyone,
Hi Doge, I also own a 3rd generation City iVtec. Im planning to upgrade to Continental MC5 - 195 60R15 shortly.

Regards
Amar
amar.madhavan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2017, 19:09   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking
Dear wolf_lone,

Looks the dealer didn't give you a genuine bill with all the details there in. IMO, you should have questioned him and insisted for one. Hope this wasn't a cash transaction in which case many dealers have a tendency to skip any proof of transaction. Thanks.
The bill is there but it only mentions Output VAT. I am unable to find other taxes...

Quote:
Presently, there is Excise tax, added to the manufacturing goods , or produced goods or services., on this total is charged CST ( central sales tax ), again added and charged VAT, again added and on that total amounts is charged Octroi or Entry tax.
GST on Tyres will be 28%... Now I just need to know what is the total Tax on Tyres under current tax structure & will it have any meaningful impact on the prices.

Quote:
28% GST on New pneumatic tyres, of rubber used in motor cars, buses or lorries, aircraft, motor cycles etc [4011] [other than of a kind used on/in bicycles, cycle -rickshaws and three wheeled powered cycle rickshaws.]

Last edited by wolf_lone : 30th May 2017 at 19:28.
Old 24th June 2017, 13:56   #325

Hi Everyone,

Am going to upgrade tyres for my 2014 Honda City. Been using the stock goodyear tyres. What tyres would you suggest upgrading to?

From this thread I have been hearing the Michelin XM2 are good. Should I go for these? Should I go for the upsized tyres also?
Old 24th June 2017, 16:42   #326

Quote:
Originally Posted by partyallnight View Post
Hi Everyone,

Am going to upgrade tyres for my 2014 Honda City. Been using the stock goodyear tyres. What tyres would you suggest upgrading to?

From this thread I have been hearing the Michelin XM2 are good. Should I go for these? Should I go for the upsized tyres also?
195/60 upgrade is recommended, Michelin Primacy LC is what I'm using on mine for last 1 year and they have been fantastic. Have been on really bad roads quite a few times and they have held up well so far, done around 15k on them.
skyliner34 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2017, 18:02   #327

I have a 2012 AT and I've done about 65K on the stock Michelins. My only grouse has been braking. The AT brakes are really bad. The other big problem is ground clearance.

I've read through the entire thread here and the net result for upgrade options are 185/65s or 195/60s.

But the 195/60s only provide a 0.65 cms higher clearance than stock 175s. By that logic I prefer 185/65s that improve GC by 1.5cms but I really want to go 195 for the sake of better braking.

Can I do 195/65s 😛. I think Yokohoma has that size. I run the R15 OEM Alloys. Will they support?
Old 3rd August 2017, 08:02   #328
BHPian

Looking for decent options on my 3rd Gen City in Pune. Do you have any suggestion?

I am looking at one of the following 3 tyres.

Pirelli Cinturato P1 195/60 R15 88V
Continental Conti Max Contact t MC5 195/60R15
or stick to the existing Michelin Primacy 3 ST 195/60 R15 88V (which have been problem-free for 45k kms till date)
Old 19th August 2017, 11:55   #329
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prafulasher View Post
Looking for decent options on my 3rd Gen City in Pune. Do you have any suggestion?

I am looking at one of the following 3 tyres.

Pirelli Cinturato P1 195/60 R15 88V
Continental Conti Max Contact t MC5 195/60R15
or stick to the existing Michelin Primacy 3 ST 195/60 R15 88V (which have been problem-free for 45k kms till date)

Been using the MC5 on the Linea and super happy with them, planning to upgrade my 2011 City to the same tyres. Excellent handling, low noise and fantastic grip and comfort are the reasons I have decided to stick to them.
Old 20th August 2017, 15:47   #330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammyboy View Post
Been using the MC5 on the Linea and super happy with them, planning to upgrade my 2011 City to the same tyres. Excellent handling, low noise and fantastic grip and comfort are the reasons I have decided to stick to them.
Thanks! I think I will go with the MC5s. I have heard good things about those in the past.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks