Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 12th July 2015, 18:17   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade daebis

Quote:
Originally Posted by superboy44 View Post
As far as the tyres go, i am really pleased with the way these continentals have transformed the dynamics of the car.
@Superboy44, how are the tyres holding up ? How much have you run now ?
Old 22nd July 2015, 21:14   #47
BHPian

re: Honda Jazz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

@condor
Sorry for the late reply.
I have covered about 10k kms on these and I am very satisfied with their performance.
They provide a really silent ride and grip levels are pretty high.
No complaints whatsoever.
Old 22nd July 2015, 21:59   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Hi guys,

I am planning to buy Jazz CVT V soon.It comes with MRF ZVTV.Is it any good?

If not can you please suggest a good option that I can upgrade in bigger size and also in the same size if dealer makes a fuss on violating the warranty
I would suggest changing the tyres immediately after delivery as you get the best price for the OEM tyres at that time. Speak to some tyre dealer before taking delivery itself..

The MRFs are hard and noisy tyres..they last forever but the grip levels, noise and comfort (ride quality) are poor. I would suggest going for Michelin XM2 - great tyres.
You can also upsize to 195/60 as someone already mentioned. That would make the Jazz a lot cooler and improve handling without compromising much on the mileage. Check with the dealer about the warranty part as upsizing might violate warranty in which case it's better to stick to the same size. May be after a few years you can upsize when the warranty is no longer a factor. Personally for me, the 175/65 Michelin XM2 tyres provide good enough grip for even some aggressive driving - I am not a sedate driver.

Last edited by adimicra : 22nd July 2015 at 22:02.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2015, 23:00   #49
SKB
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
I would suggest changing the tyres immediately after delivery as you get the best price for the OEM tyres at that time. Speak to some tyre dealer before taking delivery itself..

The MRFs are hard and noisy tyres..they last forever but the grip levels, noise and comfort (ride quality) are poor. I would suggest going for Michelin XM2 - great tyres.
You can also upsize to 195/60 as someone already mentioned. That would make the Jazz a lot cooler and improve handling without compromising much on the mileage. Check with the dealer about the warranty part as upsizing might violate warranty in which case it's better to stick to the same size. May be after a few years you can upsize when the warranty is no longer a factor. Personally for me, the 175/65 Michelin XM2 tyres provide good enough grip for even some aggressive driving - I am not a sedate driver.
Thank you so much.This is very helpful.Do you know a good place in Hyderabad/Secunderabad for best after market goods

I live close to MLA roads
I was thinking to add black seat covers
Change my tires as you recommended(Please suggest a good store if you know)
Buy floor mats and 3m coating(probable will go to 3M Car Care, Ministers road)

BTW completed all the paper work today and applied for the loan as well.Hopefully everything will be done and have the vehicle ready in few weeks
Old 23rd July 2015, 11:58   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you so much.This is very helpful.Do you know a good place in Hyderabad/Secunderabad for best after market goods

I live close to MLA roads
I was thinking to add black seat covers
Change my tires as you recommended(Please suggest a good store if you know)
Buy floor mats and 3m coating(probable will go to 3M Car Care, Ministers road)

BTW completed all the paper work today and applied for the loan as well.Hopefully everything will be done and have the vehicle ready in few weeks
Many congratulations and wish you many happy miles with the car.
I changed tyres from a shop near hitec city but that might be far from you (service and pricing was very good)
http://www.justdial.com/Hyderabad/Sa...bGVycw==_BZDET

You can try this one, heard good things about it -
http://www.justdial.com/Hyderabad/Wh...422-W6E3_BZDET

I basically called all the Michelin dealers listed in Justdial near my location and got a quotation from everyone (including balancing and alignment which should be free if you purchase 4 tyres) ... and then took a decision.

When purchasing the tyres, do check on the date of manufacturing and make sure the tyres are not too old (not more than a year)

Last edited by adimicra : 23rd July 2015 at 11:59.
Old 4th August 2015, 14:08   #51
SKB
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi Guys,

Today I went to inspect my car for the registration.It looked a little dusty, but I expected that as it was in their stockyard.Anyhow my car comes with the
Bridgestone B250 175\65R15 84T CEE2715.Is this a good one?.Also my spare tyre is MRF ZVTV which I requested them to replace with bridgestone
Old 6th August 2015, 16:53   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Today I went to inspect my car for the registration.It looked a little dusty, but I expected that as it was in their stockyard.Anyhow my car comes with the
Bridgestone B250 175\65R15 84T CEE2715.Is this a good one?.Also my spare tyre is MRF ZVTV which I requested them to replace with bridgestone
Bridgestone are pretty decent ones.
If it would have been MRF or Goodyear or JK, I would have suggested you to change to Michelin. I think you should be okay with Bridgestone and spend the money in accessories.
Old 13th October 2015, 16:14   #53
BHPian

Hi All,

My friend has an 2010 Honda Jazz running on Michelin XM1+ (175/65/R15)done around 55K now. The tire is very noisy and he has decided to change.

Which is the correct fit:

195/60/R15 or 195/65/R15 or 185/65/R15

The requirements are:

1. Very good grip in dry/wet conditions
2. Silent (no noise)

Which make would you suggest if budget is not a constraint?

Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 16:39   #54
BHPian

Honda Jazz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Quote:
I am planning to change/upgrade tires for my Honda Jazz.
I have Michelin XM1 and I have been mostly happy with those. So, the logical upgrade would be XM2.

I have 2 questions -
1> 185/65 or 195/60. I am thinking of 185/65 for better GC and slightly softer ride though 195/60 is the best fit.
2> What options among other brands? I am looking for comfort and durability mainly...,,I expect all the major brands would provide acceptable grip levels.

Quote:

My Jazz has just completed around 23000 kms but the stock Goodyear tyres already appear to be pretty worn out and a change is imminent. I wanted tyres which would be less noisy and improve GC.
So was just curious to know what made you change your mind from 185/60 initially favoured (which I feel would be good) to 175/65 Michelin XM2. What do you think about 195/60 ?
Would be helpful to me in taking a call. Thanks.
PS : I have a 2009-10 year Jazz

Last edited by amit162 : 30th October 2015 at 16:41.
Old 8th November 2015, 09:03   #55
BHPian

I am looking to upgrade my new jazz tyres as soon as I get delivery. Confused between the brands and looking to get support of the tyre guru's here. My usage is 90%city and will not cross 30k in 4 years. For me ride quality, comfort and silence is most important. It's a CVT and so aggressive driving is ruled out by the man and machine too. My dealer suggests continental mc5 but since I have never tried michelin so far, asked him for XM2. He says it's better to try michelin ps3.
Old 13th November 2015, 12:29   #56
BHPian

Hi folks - My Jazz has run in 45 k (2010 model) and the tyres have started complaining. I just dropped in the forum and looking for opinion on which tyres to put on. For me the priority -
1. Road noise
2. Durability
3. Braking.
4. Handling.

I will be ok as long as the package <30k for tyre change.

I read some good reviews about the continental max contact MC5 but when called up the tire shop they said that they are hearing feedback about continental not holding up. I am also reading good stuff about MichelinXM2 and Yokohoma A drive. I have no idea how to shortlist these tyres. Looking for your opinion.
Old 13th November 2015, 15:49   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adabass View Post
Hi folks - My Jazz has run in 45 k (2010 model) and the tyres have started complaining. I just dropped in the forum and looking for opinion on which tyres to put on. For me the priority -
1. Road noise
2. Durability
3. Braking.
4. Handling.

I will be ok as long as the package <30k for tyre change.

I read some good reviews about the continental max contact MC5 but when called up the tire shop they said that they are hearing feedback about continental not holding up. I am also reading good stuff about MichelinXM2 and Yokohoma A drive. I have no idea how to shortlist these tyres. Looking for your opinion.
Go for MichelinXM2 195 width
Old 13th November 2015, 16:04   #58
BANNED

Quote:
I am also reading good stuff about MichelinXM2 and Yokohoma A drive. I have no idea how to shortlist these tyres. Looking for your opinion.
I am giving you my opinion fresh out of the oven.

My stick MRF ZVTV ran 54K after which it was time for new shoes so after a lot of deliberation I picked up 4 new MRF Z.L.O (195/60 R15) for a total of Rs 16,800. Within a few days I started hearing a word humming noise that was existing only between shows 40-50 kmph. So lodged a complaint at their website. Got a replacement as ZVTV and instantly gave in exchange for 4 new Michelin XM2 (195/60 R15).

I paid 5700 per tyre so for you a set of 4 you'll pay 22,800 which IMO is well before your budget limit.

After you get the XM2, you'll not buy any other tyre. I have already done 500 kms in 4 days and loving every meter of the drive.
Old 18th November 2015, 17:00   #59
BHPian

My jazz initially was pulling to the left. I gave for servicing and asked them to balance to which the honda guys told me that they did what they could and the tires need to be replaced.

So I went to the michelin dealer and asked for XM2. He had the 175/65, 185/65 but no 195/60. He then showed me the Michelin Primacy3 ST 195/60 R15 88V and told me about lesser road noise and increase mileage (?) with the tyres. After a brief research on the internet, i gave the go ahead. They costed me 6150/tyre and set me back by 24600. Changed the valves also with bridgestone branded valves for another 1k.

First impresssion - I have driven about 170 km last 4-5 days on the new tires. Now, there is no pull. The vehicle feels bit more planted on the road. I dont know if its just me, but the acceleration feels a bit lesser than before. Mileage seems to have improved! I used to avg about 14 kmpl in city. Now it is giving me about 14.7-14.8. The road noise also has reduced inside the cabin.

Still early days, but they seem to be a good replacement for the stock tires. Will keep updated.

PS - the older tires though still had some tread left, were almost rock hard.
Old 28th November 2015, 18:23   #60
BHPian

Quote:
My jazz initially was pulling to the left. I gave for servicing and asked them to balance to which the honda guys told me that they did what they could and the tires need to be replaced.

So I went to the michelin dealer and asked for XM2. He had the 175/65, 185/65 but no 195/60. He then showed me the Michelin Primacy3 ST 195/60 R15 88V and told me about lesser road noise and increase mileage (?) with the tyres. After a brief research on the internet, i gave the go ahead. They costed me 6150/tyre and set me back by 24600. Changed the valves also with bridgestone branded valves for another 1k.

First impresssion - I have driven about 170 km last 4-5 days on the new tires. Now, there is no pull. The vehicle feels bit more planted on the road. I dont know if its just me, but the acceleration feels a bit lesser than before. Mileage seems to have improved! I used to avg about 14 kmpl in city. Now it is giving me about 14.7-14.8. The road noise also has reduced inside the cabin.

Still early days, but they seem to be a good replacement for the stock tires. Will keep updated.

PS - the older tires though still had some tread left, were almost rock hard.

Hello Adabass,

Please let me know how has been your experience with Michelin Primacy 3 ST so far. I am thinking of putting the same on my Jazz.
Dealer has quoted 5850 in exchange of current ones. Price seems okay to me. Will still try to negotiate more.
Also let me know if you got any warranty on Michelin tyres.

Thanks in advance.

Most Viewed