Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2006, 20:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Sleazy Wheelz for Indica

Hello Wheelz Guruz!

I'm looking to get a nice set of wheels for an Indica. I had seen someone in Bombay with wheels that protruded beyond the lateral lines of the car. I thought it looked great.

Why would those wheels not be in line with the rest of the vehicle? Is it some spacer on the hub?

Would it be detrimental to the suspension in any way? I mean, since the wheels now are further away from the center of the axle, doesn't that increase the bending moment?

What brand makes such wheels? What would it be specified as?

Indicative costs? Good suppliers in Bombay?

I hope these designs aren't available in oversized diameter rims only, because, considering the state of roads here, the last thing I want to do is put low-profile tires!

Please guide!
Old 5th August 2006, 23:00   #2
Senior - BHPian

U can get low profile tyres as Autopsyche's Kroniq 15" I guess its size is 205/40-15..Arush more details pls
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/vbpicg...?do=big&p=1124

About the protruding tyres u've mentioned above its a combination of using spacers n negative offset rims....It's only advisable for a SUV....

KP
Old 7th August 2006, 19:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

I dont want low-profile tyres. I said I want regular tyres but the kind of wheels that protrude.

The wheels in the pic are good, but not the kind I describe. I've seen those SUV looking wheels in an Indica, is that doable?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks