Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 7th March 2015, 18:23   #16
BHPian

Re: Continental launches locally manufactured car tyres

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Can you please post a few more pics of the tread patterns, a few shots with the tyre out showing the width out and how your GT looks with new the new tyres. Planning to get 205/55 R15 and MC5 seems a good option, there are very few reviews online. How is the grip? Hope the sidewall is not too soft like XM1. What is the price you got them at?
Hey, I'm not in town right now, so I'll put up the pictures tomorrow.

I found the grip on the tires to be as good as the old CPC2, but since my car is brand new I have not really pushed them. As far as I understand the sidewalls have been strengthened.

I paid 6.5k each for them.
VellVector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2015, 12:26   #17
Senior - BHPian

Metro tyres/Ortem is a case of technology license transfer/brand name usage and not outright production control by licensor.

The Modinagar plant however is 100% owned by Continental and the revamp has resulted in the plant being up to mark with Conti's quality standards hence the products too are of good quality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
BTW, the Continental which my bike wears is made in collaboration with Metro Tires, or maybe Metro has build the tires and is using Continental's name.

More than anything I look for a tire which is averse to punctures. And Indian made tires are good in this regard.

To give credit where it is due, our forum has positive things to say about Continental, especially for SUV's especially the Cross Contact AT. Based on this, I am sure going to shortlist this when a tire change is due.
khoj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2015, 19:34   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Continental Tyres should probably spend a wee bit of money and make a great website for India. Right now, there's such limited information available that it's shocking. Ideally, before this launch, they'd have readied a comprehensive website with sizes, specs, tyre selector (based on your car) and a directory of dealerships.

This miss is inexplicable. It's not a brand that comes to mind when you're out shopping for tyres. One would think they'd do everything they can to keep yourself updated. Heck, they don't even have a Facebook page

Probably stuck in the nineties.
Yes probably they are not taking care of updating the website as well. I bought CC5 for my Skoda Rapid (185/60 R15) in the last week. The tread pattern is as shown in the below picture. But on their website, they have mentioned different tread pattern for CC5 which they have highlighted as one of the key features. See details in attached URL
http://www.continental-tyres.in/www/...tires/cc5.html
I am wondering why they have changed this pattern. If pattern has changed, they haven’t taken care to update it on the website. This is a sheer negligence and leads to providing wrong information. I tried contacting the phone number mentioned in the customer care, but no one picked up. Also there is no email for customer care provided where we can raise this query.
However, I have a very good experience of CC5 since I have replaced stock tyres. Have driven around 300KM. They are super silent (as compared to stock Apollo Acelere), good grip and great steering feel.
Attached Thumbnails
Continental launches locally manufactured car tyres-cc5_2.jpg  

sunilyk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2019, 08:36   #19
BHPian

Mc6 launched in 2017. Any idea if they are coming to India soon.

Most Viewed