Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2022, 16:37   #61
BHPian

Re: Maruti Ciaz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread

Hi guys

Our Ciaz is due for a tyre upgrade. It is used as a beater car of sorts and the running is entirely within the city. It's driven mostly by my elder sister who is a sedate driver. I don't think we will be requiring any fancy tyres or any upgrades in terms of the size or profile. This is my first time purchasing tyres and I tried looking at various tyre threads but all of that feels like information overload. Unable to select a tyre good enough for us. What should we go for?

Also, on a side note, what tyre shop do BHPians recommend in the North Delhi? The ones that I contacted are charging way too much as compared to the prices mentioned by some of you over here. Don't want to end up spending a bomb on the tyres. Kindly help!
Old 1st November 2022, 19:35   #62
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkgrg View Post
Hi guys

Our Ciaz is due for a tyre upgrade. It is used as a beater car of sorts and the running is entirely within the city. It's driven mostly by my elder sister who is a sedate driver. I don't think we will be requiring any fancy tyres or any upgrades in terms of the size or profile. This is my first time purchasing tyres and I tried looking at various tyre threads but all of that feels like information overload. Unable to select a tyre good enough for us. What should we go for?
Hello. I suggest if you want to go for a cost effective as well as no-frills option, opt for a tyre with unconditional warranty - Ceat SecuraDrive - it’s available in both 195/55R16 and 185/65R15 (the sizes of the Ciaz depending on the variant - you have not specified which). If it is the 15 inch, JK UX Royale is also an option.

Quote:
Also, on a side note, what tyre shop do BHPians recommend in the North Delhi? The ones that I contacted are charging way too much as compared to the prices mentioned by some of you over here. Don't want to end up spending a bomb on the tyres. Kindly help!
If you’re cost sensitive, I suggest shops near Novelty theatre in North Delhi which is a place where tyres are sold akin to vegetables. You would be a brave man to take your Ciaz into those narrow lanes though. I would suggest that you order these tyres online from TyreMarket and get it fitted with alignment and balancing at extra cost at a nearby dealer. Do a cost comparison of both options depending on what the dealer has quoted you.

Also I must say that some of the prices mentioned here may be outdated, there were a few price hikes quite recently.
RubberGuru1113 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 22:24   #63
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubberGuru1113 View Post
Hello. I suggest if you want to go for a cost effective as well as no-frills option, opt for a tyre with unconditional warranty - Ceat SecuraDrive - it’s available in both 195/55R16 and 185/65R15 (the sizes of the Ciaz depending on the variant - you have not specified which). If it is the 15 inch, JK UX Royale is also an option.
Oh, my bad. Totally forgot about that. The tyre size is 195/55/R16. I will certainly take a look at your suggestions. Thank you!

Also, I had a word with a FNG regarding the tyre situation. He suggested that I should down size a little and that would probably help me save close to ~₹2,000 on a tyre. He suggested that I go for 185 instead of 195. Should I go ahead with this? Is the trade off worth it?

Quote:
If you’re cost sensitive, I suggest shops near Novelty theatre in North Delhi which is a place where tyres are sold akin to vegetables. You would be a brave man to take your Ciaz into those narrow lanes though. I would suggest that you order these tyres online from TyreMarket and get it fitted with alignment and balancing at extra cost at a nearby dealer. Do a cost comparison of both options depending on what the dealer has quoted you.

Also I must say that some of the prices mentioned here may be outdated, there were a few price hikes quite recently.
Makes sense. The cost isn't that big an issue. Just trying to get a good deal or perhaps not being taken for a ride by some unscrupulous dealer. I will cross check with some reputed dealers and TyreMarket and finalise.

Thanks for all your input!
rnkgrg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 22:32   #64
BHPian

While searching a bit about tyres online, I ended up making this list. Sharing it for any tyre newbie like me, who wants to take a quick look at (most of) the options available in the market for their Ciaz. The Tyre size here is 195/55/R16.

Maruti Ciaz : Tyre & wheel upgrade thread-ciaz-tyres.png

Disclaimer - I am in no way associated to any of the companies mentioned. This is purely an educational/reference post.
rnkgrg is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st November 2022, 23:09   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Also, I had a word with a FNG regarding the tyre situation. He suggested that I should down size a little and that would probably help me save close to ~₹2,000 on a tyre. He suggested that I go for 185 instead of 195. Should I go ahead with this? Is the trade off worth it?
Hi, the only suitable size in 185 section width is 185/60R16, I recommended this fitment for another friend on his Verna (which also comes with 195/55R16) which was also a beater car and rarely taken out on the highway if at all. For city usage, the narrower tyres will not show any perceivable difference, and in addition, 185/60 is a taller profile than 195/55 by around 4 mm which will feel more comfortable and raises your vehicle ground clearance by that much.

Only downside is - it’s an odd size and the only 2 options in the market are Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 2 and MRF ZVTV and only a few dealers will hold the stock. This size came I to the market only after the launch of the Altroz, on which this is stock fitment. The price for the Goodyears on TyreMarket is ~5.5k and like I mentioned before, my friend has no issues with this fitment on the Verna. Make some calls and ask dealers to price match if they quote more than the TyreMarket price, or go ahead and order from there only.

Quote:
While searching a bit about tyres online, I ended up making this list. Sharing it for any tyre newbie like me, who wants to take a quick look at (most of) the options available in the market for their Ciaz. The Tyre size here is 195/55/R16.

Attachment 2374161

Disclaimer - I am in no way associated to any of the companies mentioned. This is purely an educational/reference post.
Small tip - Tyresnmore is owned by Ceat, so they would have relatively fresh stock of Ceat tyres - others can be dicey depending on your luck. They also do fitment at home, but yes, I would suggest you do the balancing and alignment outside.

TyreMarket is relatively more reliable compared to the other platforms, for non-imports. There’s a whole thread here with BHPians’ experiences, suggest you check it out. It’s pretty much a mixed bag, but most of the bad experiences have been for imports or hard to source tyres.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...es-online.html (Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online)
Old 2nd November 2022, 00:18   #66
BHPian

Quote:
Hi, the only suitable size in 185 section width is 185/60R16, I recommended this fitment for another friend on his Verna (which also comes with 195/55R16) which was also a beater car and rarely taken out on the highway if at all. For city usage, the narrower tyres will not show any perceivable difference, and in addition, 185/60 is a taller profile than 195/55 by around 4 mm which will feel more comfortable and raises your vehicle ground clearance by that much.

Only downside is - it’s an odd size and the only 2 options in the market are Goodyear Assurance Triplemax 2 and MRF ZVTV and only a few dealers will hold the stock. This size came I to the market only after the launch of the Altroz, on which this is stock fitment. The price for the Goodyears on TyreMarket is ~5.5k and like I mentioned before, my friend has no issues with this fitment on the Verna. Make some calls and ask dealers to price match if they quote more than the TyreMarket price, or go ahead and order from there only.
Alright, that sounds assuring. I will look for this profile then. Thanks once again!

Quote:
Small tip - Tyresnmore is owned by Ceat, so they would have relatively fresh stock of Ceat tyres - others can be dicey depending on your luck. They also do fitment at home, but yes, I would suggest you do the balancing and alignment outside.

TyreMarket is relatively more reliable compared to the other platforms, for non-imports. There’s a whole thread here with BHPians’ experiences, suggest you check it out. It’s pretty much a mixed bag, but most of the bad experiences have been for imports or hard to source tyres.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...es-online.html (Tyremarket.com Reviews? Buying tyres online)
Yeah, the idea to search for reviews on Team-BHP clicked me after posting this

My dad honestly is a bit wary of making big ticket purchases online, so I am not sure if he'll be willing to try one of these dealers out unless any of them offer significant discounts.

I will try to negotiate with the local dealers itself, and if it does not work out, I will perhaps try TyreMarket this time.
rnkgrg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2022, 11:38   #67
BHPian

Quote:
I will try to negotiate with the local dealers itself, and if it does not work out, I will perhaps try TyreMarket this time.
One of our BHPians recently opted for home fitment with tyresnmore in Bangalore on his BMW and had a pretty good experience. Plus, he only had to pay 10% of the charges upfront and the balance on job completion. Linking post below. They also have this service in Delhi NCR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiran_aithal View Post
Update on the tire replacement of my X4.
As mentioned, went ahead with RFTs (same make and size - Bridgestone Alenza 01 RFT - 245/50 R19). After enquiring with various shops and service centre, got them replaced using online tire service from Tyresnmore (www.tyresnmore.com). They gave a very competitive price (33k per tire including replacement and balancing, compared to 36k to 38k from BMW Service centre and few known establishments, replacement and balancing extra) and replacement was at convivence of home.
At first was skeptical of the genuineness of the company, then the tire it self and, if they can replace at home. Turns out they have been in service for a few years now (in NCR region I guess) and recently opened in Bangalore. Got the photos of all the tires with DOT (39th week of 21) and country of manufacturing (South Africa).
Finally, after 10% advance payment, they sent their modified TATA mini van home which had all the required modern equipment to remove the wheel, replace the old tire with new, basic tire balancing, etc. The guys told that, in Bangalore, they have 3 such mobile units and, all together, on avg, work on 40 vehicles per day.
Once physically satisfied with the work (and, of course, TPMS working as it should) made the rest of the payment.
Old 16th November 2022, 23:31   #68

Hi,

So I have a Ciaz Alpha 1.5 Diesel. It came with Goodyear Triplemax OEM tyres. Car is now 3.5 year old with 30k on the ODO.

Around 3 months ago, one of the rear tyres got a sidewall puncture, I got it patched up at a workshop, they kept the tyre for 2 days and put some heated patch. Was charged Rs 500 for the same. The tyre didn't have any cracks and the tread was also in very good condition, that's why I decided to keep the tyre and it has worked fine for around 2k kms that I have driven so far.

Now around 1 month ago, the front right tyre suffered a sidewall cut, I was driving from Jaipur to my hometown Aligarh and it was raining heavily. In the waterlogged road the car got into a big pothole and instantly deflated with a loud noise. I have a TPMS installated and the alarm went off. Changed the tyre with spare kept in the boot. (2AM, heavy rains and family onboard).

Now I have a trip planned to Dehradun and Mussoorie and I will be travelling with my family, we didn't want a repeat of what happened last time as my mother reasoned it was because of the damaged rear tyre that the front tyre got damaged too (crazy I know!), so I decided to get new set of wheels. Initially I thought of buying and replacing 2 tyres that were damaged but I also wanted to upsize, so I went ahead and have ordered 4 tyres from a reputed tyre shop in my city.

I got the Continental UC6 205/55/R16 at 8700/tyre including fitment and alignment, they will be coming in 2 days. The dealer has however refused to buyback my old tyres not even the good ones!

Now my question is what should I do with my 195/55/R16s, the damaged two are essentially scrap but the other two tyres are in a very good condition with almost 15k KMs worth life left. I cannot use them as a spare since the spare is a 15inch steel.
Old 17th November 2022, 10:54   #69
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenextstar View Post
The dealer has however refused to buyback my old tyres not even the good ones!

Now my question is what should I do with my 195/55/R16s, the damaged two are essentially scrap but the other two tyres are in a very good condition with almost 15k KMs worth life left. I cannot use them as a spare since the spare is a 15inch steel.
Dealers are least inclined to/interested in selling used tyres, especially in sizes like yours (195/55R16) which do not come as fitment in any taxi segment vehicles, where more people are likely to buy.

You'll have better luck with puncture-wallahs - not the roadside ones but slightly bigger ones. Bargain hunters frequently go to these shops to buy used tyres with some life still in them, and so they would be more interested in buying your used tyres. You'll maybe get 400-500 rupees per tyre for yours.
Old 18th November 2022, 23:46   #70

Got the Contis installed today.

Manufacturing was mid Aug 2022. (34/22). The dealer registered the tyres using some app on his phone. I was only given an invoice and no warranty card.
I was told 5 years of total warranty with 2 years complete replacment two days ago (this is what I remember). But today, he said there is no complete replacement and the total is 5 years Pro - Rata. I cannot verify the same as there was no warranty card. Will try to call Continental customer care tomorrow and ask about it.

I also got the JK Trills TPMS sensors installed on all 5 tyres. They were at Rs 500/tyre. There was a JK Tyre exec who told me that there is 5 year no questions asked replacement warranty, but again no reciept. I was told that the sensors get registered on the app once I scan their QR and warranty starts from the same date.

Now, regarding the tyres, since I have only driven 10KMs today that too in the city traffic, I cannot write about high speed stability and it's too early to write about anything but what I can say for sure is that there is considerable less noise in the cabin, I could only hear the hum of the engine, the car also felt very planted and confidence inspiring. I was also getting a lot of feedback from the steering. The steering felt lighter to maneuver which is a bit strange because I was under the impression that a thicker profile tyre means a harder steering?

Got wheel alignment and balancing done along with a nitrogen top-up. Front tyres are at 32psi and rear are at 30psi.

I now plan to install the Rogerab Coil Spring Suspension Buffers, will post about them once they arrive.

Quote:
Dealers are least inclined to/interested in selling used tyres, especially in sizes like yours (195/55R16) which do not come as fitment in any taxi segment vehicles, where more people are likely to buy.

You'll have better luck with puncture-wallahs - not the roadside ones but slightly bigger ones. Bargain hunters frequently go to these shops to buy used tyres with some life still in them, and so they would be more interested in buying your used tyres. You'll maybe get 400-500 rupees per tyre for yours.
I took all 4 tyres back along with me and right now they are in my boot

Will try to find a reasonable price for them and repor back here. It was too heartbreaking to sell them for peanuts!
thenextstar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 07:53   #71
BHPian

Hi everyone, I just wanted to check if anyone here has experience using Michelin Pilot Sport 4 on their Ciaz. I know, it's a bit of an overkill but still curious to know if anyone has done it and what their experience is. I might be picking up a brand new Ciaz zoon and am inclined to install the Pilot Sport 4 on it.
Old 19th January 2023, 01:21   #72
BHPian

Hi Guys,

A friend has just taken delivery of a new Maruti Ciaz Alpha AT yesterday. Stock tyres are Good Year Assurance.
Size is : 195 x 55 x 16.

He is looking mainly for comfort and a slight increase in ground clearance if possible due to our wonderful roads in Bombay.
Car will be spending most of it's time on the Bombay to Poona Expressway so less road noise would be a bonus.

Can the experts here please recommend a tyre which will fulfil all the above criteria please?

Would a 205 x 60 x 16 tyre fit on the Ciaz and would it fulfil the above criteria?

Would rather avoid Michelin due to high cost but if there's nothing else, then O.K.

Awaiting your valuable inputs please.

Many Thanks,
SS
Old 19th January 2023, 17:56   #73
BHPian

Hi, Suzuki san,

Going from the stock 195/55/R16 to 205/60/R16 makes a 5% difference in the circumference and it's not recommended to go above 2% when upsizing the tyres.

The recommended tyres size for upsizing 195/55/R16 is 205/55/R16 which makes a difference of less than 2% in overall circumference & it'll raise the Ground clearance by approximately 5mm.

Also, the 205/60/R16 size is meant for SUVs like Creta/Seltos etc. I don't think the suspension components in a car like ciaz are meant to be driven on these big tyres, there might be some premature suspension failure in future.
NA-driver is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 16:16   #74
BHPian

hello ,
My CIAZ ZXIAT back 2 tyres have warn out , i am planning to upgrade my tyre from 195/55/16r to 195/60/16 r ,
My mechanic did advice me to upgrade only 2 back tyre
just wanted to know ,would it be wise to change just 2 tyre , and won't that affect my ride experince
Old 5th October 2023, 14:53   #75

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I have completed 25000 km on these 195/65 tyres, not even a single issue. Infact I enjoy the increased ground clearance now.
Also, did you notice any differences in the fuel mileage, torque output, steering effort, speedometer reading accuracy, braking distance, or highway body roll - when you upsized the tyres to 195/65?

Appreciate that I'm bumping up an old post from a few years ago, but looking forward to hearing your views, thanks!
xja1 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed