Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2006, 13:30   #1
BHPian

my OHC vtec 1.5 sitting on Ducaro GA

for the last 2 months I was looking around to replace the bridgestones (175/65R14). Got few suggestions .. of which was pirelli.

Ok here goes, last week I finalized on the tyres and replaced oldies. Dropped in at the tyre store at lalbagh gate.. wholesale dealer. showed him the car and he suggested 'em tyres for change.. yes them Goodyear Ducaro GA (195/60/14) .. 2900 per piece.. with the valves free. just like my id here (four_tire) .. I just got my four tyres changed..

The result ..

its amazing.. they are lovely.. i been wasting my time on the 175 bridgestones all these days.. Hcity now does a easy 120 + and the handling around the corners are wwwooow..

I was on the verge of installing the strut braces .. but good thing that i went for the wider tyres .. it can handle all the balance...

Oh i forgot to mention the K&N filter i installed this month beginning .. so the vehicle rocks ... I enjoyed my time on the outer ring road.. last week ..

Somethings needing attention is the brakes and headlamps .. they are very inferior for the present state of the vehicle//

Cheers! to you, me and the (OHC +VTEC + K&N + DUCARO GA)
Old 28th August 2006, 14:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

Congrats man...!!!!!

Would have been even better with Potenza GIII.....

Anyways VTEC is there to compensate for that:-)
Old 28th August 2006, 15:05   #3
Senior - BHPian

so 4 tire, could you post some pix of 4 tyre. These are on alloys? And teh k&n, which one is it?
Old 28th August 2006, 15:26   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpzen
Congrats man...!!!!!

Would have been even better with Potenza GIII.....

Anyways VTEC is there to compensate for that:-)
Thanks kpzen!! I believe that OHC is compensating it. Anyway i heard G3 cost 4000+ per piece for 195/60 R14 .. and not many said great things about it. well ducaro GA is a new technology and promises noiseless sprint. and 2900 is cheaper for such size.. what i got is a tiawan make...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas
so 4 tire, could you post some pix of 4 tyre. These are on alloys? And teh k&n, which one is it?
Yes jkDas they are on OE OHC Mag wheels and the K&N Stock replacement filters. i will surely post the pictures of the same.. it looks neat for that vehicle.. I had taken pictures but in night under tubelight.. so i will take pictures in day light.. and post them...

------

One more advantage I forgot to mention is that ... the car has now got greater road clearance.. i can see it surely as the under car doesnot touch the those huge speed brakers .. and iam happy that my garage ramp does not brace the bumper now on..

I havent really checked on what the fuel consumption is ...
Old 28th August 2006, 20:34   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car crazy kid
if ur ground clearance has increased that would probably mean u have a speedo error.

edit. not much speedo error. only 1.1%
Hey thanks for letting me know ... but what is speedo error?? I would be much happy knowing it
Old 28th August 2006, 22:44   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by four_tire
Hey thanks for letting me know ... but what is speedo error?? I would be much happy knowing it
Your speedo will under read.......n will show 1.11% less speed than at which u are travelling.....
Old 28th August 2006, 22:51   #7
Senior - BHPian

Congrats dude. I know how you feel. Put 195's on my car 13k kms ago and i'm still drooling over them.

Hey don't worry about speedo error. If your speedo is correct, then you should see 70kmph@2000rpm in 5th.

Just enjoy the tyres for now.

Shan2nu
Old 29th August 2006, 08:53   #8
BHPian

Thanks Shan2nu!! I believe you..

Earlier whenever I used to do quick corners with 175 ... my wife and mother used to warn me .. and were unhappy that I may lose control.. but on sunday .. they didnot react with the new tyres.. even they could feel assured..

Wow!!! just imagine what would be the control.. with a strut brace, 205 and koni ...... it must be a dream glide
Old 1st September 2006, 23:12   #9
BHPian

with pics

Please check the pics of the rubber installed

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks