Team-BHP > Technical Stuff > DIY - Do it yourself

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2016, 18:08   #46
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post

Hi a4anurag, Its quite sometime now after your installation. How has been the TPMS working, your valuable update is appreciated!
It is being performing well without any hiccups (Fingers crossed).

I have stopped visiting fuel stations as the tyre inflator at home does the top ups with the TPMS keeping a track on a weekly basis.

Happy with the purchase.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 15:08   #47
BHPian

Re: DIY Install: 'TyreSafe' Tyre Pressure Monitoring System

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
It is being performing well without any hiccups (Fingers crossed).

I have stopped visiting fuel stations as the tyre inflator at home does the top ups with the TPMS keeping a track on a weekly basis.

Happy with the purchase.
hey hi...

Firstly thank you very much for elaborate DIY detailing and I made my purchase just about that time and same vendor you had ref. link. All these days I was just mute spectator of this thread and felt nothing worth could be added from my end since you had covered each and every aspect quite diligently.

However, my Aspire's honeymoon with these set of 4 fantastic sensors ended on Saturday 16Apr. The 4 sensors got stolen apparently by mischief mongers ignorant of its utility or purpose. I was quite disheartened and somehow I reconciled saying that this thing was bound to happen sooner or later. This happened at Wonder la, Park, Hyderabad parking lot. Parked the car in the morning, had fun/adventure inside the park and on return late evening I noticed these sensors missing.

The sad part is, I some how had this conscious previous day to remove the sensors and go to such public places, but in hurry I could not concentrate much on this aspect on that day and the inevitable happened. Wish I was more attentive!! My investment of $86.89 lasted appx 3-4 months.

These exterior fitting sensors are totally no-no for Indian "conditions" not the road per-se but the public outlook, I recollect that a Bhp-ian echoed same sentiment in one the earlier posts.

Lesson learnt: Be ultra careful at public parking/places with car /accessory.

Hope this helps and my humble submission is to detach these sensors when away for long time.
(eg movie hall, public parking etc, though it is quite cumbersome to practice but, its worth effort to save from thugs until some prudence and discipline prevails in such fellows)
Old 18th April 2016, 16:01   #48
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
Wish I was more attentive!! My investment of $86.89 lasted appx 3-4 months.
So sorry regarding the loss of the sensors. Sad to go this way. It is such a wonderful equipment IMO.

Initially when the TPMS was new, I used to pull it out every time I park and refit before I resume my journey. Now a days I have stopped this exercise ad leave it on the car itself.

I have visited many malls, crowded parking lots but no such incident has happened with me. May be bad luck was on your side that day.

That said I miss the equipment myself too. I broke the USB receiver 3 days back during my car cleaning enthusiasm. Was left with the sensors where I gave it to my BIL for use with his TPMS (same make).
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2016, 17:32   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by novicefreak View Post
hey hi...

Firstly thank you very much for elaborate DIY detailing and I made my purchase......The 4 sensors got stolen apparently by mischief mongers ignorant of its utility or purpose.

These exterior fitting sensors are totally no-no for Indian "conditions" not the road per-se but the public outlook, I recollect that a Bhp-ian echoed same sentiment in one the earlier posts.

Lesson learnt: Be ultra careful at public parking/places with car /accessory.

Hope this helps and my humble submission is to detach these sensors when away for long time.

)

Last year I too ordered a TPMS after reading this thread. I ordered via aliexpress, the TYREDOG TPMS since I had a same one for my bike bought by my friend from Singapore and is still going strong since 2 years.

This product has a external sensor which is lockable with a allen key and cannot be stolen easily.

DIY Install: 'TyreSafe' Tyre Pressure Monitoring System-imageuploadedbyteambhp1460980125.324918.jpg

DIY Install: 'TyreSafe' Tyre Pressure Monitoring System-imageuploadedbyteambhp1460980213.334117.jpg

DIY Install: 'TyreSafe' Tyre Pressure Monitoring System-imageuploadedbyteambhp1460980255.497130.jpg

DIY Install: 'TyreSafe' Tyre Pressure Monitoring System-imageuploadedbyteambhp1460980296.134377.jpg

However, I feel that the internal sensors are the safest for India.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2017, 23:52   #50
BHPian

Thanks for the review a4anurag. After reading this thread, I have ordered from Aliexpress and installed it on my Fortuner. Very important for those long highway trips.

My device reading is 2 PSI more than the actual tyre pressure and the display device is having some lose connection internally. Keeps restarting on its own quite often.

I like the fact that I don't need to top-up / check my air pressure often. It gave a continuos warning beep once when the tyre got ruptured during an accident. Highly recommended.

Pictures
DIY Install: 'TyreSafe' Tyre Pressure Monitoring System-fortuner-1.jpg

DIY Install: 'TyreSafe' Tyre Pressure Monitoring System-fortuner-2.jpg

DIY Install: 'TyreSafe' Tyre Pressure Monitoring System-fortuner-3.jpg

DIY Install: 'TyreSafe' Tyre Pressure Monitoring System-fortuner-4.jpg
Old 17th February 2017, 12:05   #51
BANNED

The unit looks quite similar to the Blaupunkt TPM 2.14 TPMS. The display unit is a spitting image, and the sensors sit on the valves and there is no additional box. Even the spanner looks the same. The unit is ₹12,999 from amazon.in. I have bought it for my Brio and will install it soon. I am following this thread very closely. My son bought a Chinese unit for his City but after about six months the sensors have started packing up. This unit is dash mounter, and the sensors are inside the valves.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 13:13   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
The unit looks quite similar to the Blaupunkt TPM 2.14 TPMS. The display unit is a spitting image, and the sensors sit on the valves and there is no additional box. Even the spanner looks the same. The unit is ₹12,999 from amazon.in. I have bought it for my Brio and will install it soon. I am following this thread very closely. My son bought a Chinese unit for his City but after about six months the sensors have started packing up. This unit is dash mounter, and the sensors are inside the valves.
I have been using a product from Roger for the past 2 years. Cheaper (~8K) and so far working without problems;of course, its an external sensor.

Also pretty good after-sales/ tech support.

http://rogermotors.com/product/tyremates/

Last edited by vinjosep : 17th February 2017 at 13:14.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 23:56   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Clicked on above link today. The prices of similar model with free shipping is around $52.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Free...680296433.html

Looks like a decent price.

Hope this information would be useful for some of us.

Last edited by NaTuRe : 19th February 2017 at 00:09.
Old 25th February 2017, 13:01   #54
BHPian

I am planning to put TPMS in my Honda City. After going through the posts I have decided to go for internal type sensors as our housing society has a few anti social kids who are likely to flick/damage external sensors. I have come across an Indian manufacturer SENSAIRY http://www.sensairy.com at Bengaluru who is selling these for Rs 7500/- for a set of 5 sensors (including for the spare wheel). The pressure/temperature of all the tyres are displayed on your mobile (ios or android). I had a good convo with the entrepreneur Mr. Prabu and was impressed with his quick response to my queries. Anyone used these? Any feedback on these would be appreciated before I jump into this.
Old 25th February 2017, 13:43   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitnab View Post
I am planning to put TPMS in my Honda City. After going through the posts I have decided to go for internal type sensors as our housing society has a few anti social kids who are likely to flick/damage external sensors. I have come across an Indian manufacturer SENSAIRY http://www.sensairy.com at Bengaluru who is selling these for Rs 7500/- for a set of 5 sensors (including for the spare wheel). The pressure/temperature of all the tyres are displayed on your mobile (ios or android). I had a good convo with the entrepreneur Mr. Prabu and was impressed with his quick response to my queries. Anyone used these? Any feedback on these would be appreciated before I jump into this.
I've gone through the link you have shared regarding sensairy. Though I have not used it nor have any experience of this TPMS, but I would like to ask fellow Bhpians is that "Do all TPMS systems (either internal or external) do not have the facility to replace just the coin sized battery instead of again buying the whole new TPMS product set again?"

I am asking this because in the FAQ section of the sensairy link provided by you, it is written that "The battery lasts for 5years and after the battery is exhausted a whole new set of TPMS system has to be bought as the battery is not replaceable." Is this the case with all other TPMS systems available in the market?

Another point I would like to put forward and ask is, "My car is sometimes used by my father too. Suppose I have installed this TPMS system in my car and created the nexus to my smartphone. Now if my dad takes my car for a drive then won't this be a handicapped moment as the display of pressure in tyres is with me whereas the sensors are with the car.

Pardon me if I have made any inappropriate note on anything but these doubts seriously popped up in my mind as I am also in hunt of a reliable TPMS, but lagging behind only in view of theft.
rohiT Nonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2017, 14:27   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohiT Nonu View Post
I've gone through the link you have shared regarding sensairy. Though I have not used it nor have any experience of this TPMS, but I would like to ask fellow Bhpians is that "Do all TPMS systems (either internal or external) do not have the facility to replace just the coin sized battery instead of again buying the whole new TPMS product set again?"

I am asking this because in the FAQ section of the sensairy link provided by you, it is written that "The battery lasts for 5years and after the battery is exhausted a whole new set of TPMS system has to be bought as the battery is not replaceable." Is this the case with all other TPMS systems available in the market?

Another point I would like to put forward and ask is, "My car is sometimes used by my father too. Suppose I have installed this TPMS system in my car and created the nexus to my smartphone. Now if my dad takes my car for a drive then won't this be a handicapped moment as the display of pressure in tyres is with me whereas the sensors are with the car.

Pardon me if I have made any inappropriate note on anything but these doubts seriously popped up in my mind as I am also in hunt of a reliable TPMS, but lagging behind only in view of theft.
I had a discussion with the person at Bengluru on this. The solution is simple. The same set of sensors can be logged into using the app in another handset using same userid and password. The link is between the sensors and the userid and not with any particular handset.
As far as batteries go, the sensor is completely sealed so sensor replacement is the only way if battery fails. They say they will also be selling single sensors in future and you need not buy the full set. I found this attractive because they are supplying 5 sensors and not 4 (as most others do). Knowing the spare tyre pressure is equally important IMO.
Old 25th February 2017, 14:53   #57
BHPian

For some clarifications on Sensairy, I give below the Q&A I had with Mr. Prabu:

Installation must be done by a tire technician. Our user guide has step by step instruction on how to do this. And also you can watch the below video created by us to help technicians in installing the sensors:

2) If I buy new tires, can sensors be easily shifted to new tires?

Yes, this is because sensors are attached to rim and not the tires. In the rare case when you have move to a new rim, you can still move the sensors. The sensors itself need not be replaced, however if you remove the valve from the rim, then that should be replaced which will cost you no more than Rs. 100.

3) When tire rotation is done, can the app in ios be able to label them with their new locations.

The new locations will NOT be "automatically updated" in the app. However there's feature in it to handle tire rotations where you can just drag and drop the sensors to the location where it's currently present.

4) Looking at Indian road conditions, can the sensors be dislodged during bumpy rides?

We have done over 1 year of field testing and several lab testing up to 10G of shock and vibration. We have not observed failures and the design is made to handle rough roads.

5) Can a single sensor be purchased in case one goes bad/missing or full set has to be purchased?

Surely. Currently we don't have it listed on our site but yes it can be purchased. Even valves can be purchased. Soon they will be made available on our site.

Last edited by nitnab : 25th February 2017 at 14:57.
nitnab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th May 2017, 11:20   #58
BHPian

Hello

I was on the lookout for a tyre pressure monitoring system with the main requirement being that it should not hog the 12v socket since i already have put it to use for the dash cam and when required phone charging.

I almost finalised on the unit from steel mate which was compatible with my Blaupunkt Philadelphia 835 unit. Then realised that it probably needed additional wiring for the display to come up on screen.

Upon further searches came across this product from a Bengaluru based startup “tymtix” ; called as “sensairy”.
The product costs Rs7500 and comes with 5 sensors in the box along with the valve and nice looking valve caps.
There is an app which needs to be downloaded .Available for android and iOS .
Once the app is downloaded you can see the tutorial videos which is pretty simple and self explanatory.
The sensors need fitting done by a tyre shop technician including balancing after installation.
Once done it was ready to go.
My unit shows an error of about 2psi uniformly on all the sensors. I have kept 5th sensor as a spare.
I have been using it for about a month now and it is pretty satisfactory.

The app can be used on multiple devices connected to the same log in or registered id.
The sensor back did not sit flush on the wheel rim( original rims of VW vento) which I found a bit disconcerting; but it seems okay so far.
The customer support seems promising.
All in all this product has my
Old 28th May 2017, 11:56   #59
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post
Hello

I was on the lookout for a tyre pressure monitoring system with the main requirement being that it should not hog the 12v socket since i already have put it to use for the dash cam and when required phone charging.

===============

but it seems okay so far.
Even I purchased the same few days back, yet to install it.
Will pen down my purchasing experience in an ownership review soon.
Old 28th May 2017, 12:53   #60
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantis0965 View Post

The app can be used on multiple devices connected to the same log in or registered id.
The sensor back did not sit flush on the wheel rim( original rims of VW vento) which I found a bit disconcerting; but it seems okay so far.
How has been the battery backup of phone? Does this work even when the phone is connected to the in car entertainment system because this too works on Bluetooth and I think Bluetooth connects only to 1 device at a given time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batish View Post
Even I purchased the same few days back, yet to install it.
Will pen down my purchasing experience in an ownership review soon.
Where did you guys purchase this from? It's also available on Amazon as per their own website.

How easy was the installation and how many days did it take to reach you guys?

I have been on lookout for a TPMS but didn't want to fit any external ones. MGA has a TPMS but that's about 14K. I had even planned for a Blaupunkt but did not go for it. This looks promising. I've a spare phone which I use mainly as a car system, helps me track my car, Android Auto and Google Maps etc. It'll be used for TPMS also.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 28th May 2017 at 12:57.

Most Viewed