Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2019, 16:55   #181
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
@thoma - A friend is running 195/60 R14 Pirelli P1's on his Figo & they look thick + grippy, i'd suggest you consider this size
Hi Sir! Thanks a lot on your advice the other day. I have been contemplating an upgrade to yokohama s.drive-s in near future. Will stick to the same size ie 195/60 r14. Do you thinks it will be a good choice ? Actually need something with a stiffer side wall than the current falken sinceras. TIA
Old 28th May 2019, 12:38   #182
BHPian

Hi,
What are the tyre options we have for the 15inch set.
I am running 195/55R15 size Continental mc5.
Due to some damage on the tyre and alloy during a minor incident(hit a pothole at 90/100kmhr) have decided to replace all four of the tyres.
Have seen that the inside contact points of the tyre which had taken damage during the pothole hit has chipped of a bit and is not at all confidence inspiring.

Now, my problem is in finding a good replacement. Continental MC5s of this size for some reason, in Pune/Mumbai has only Feb 2018 manufactured in stock. That's over an year old in storage and I don't want to buy those. I had already made the mistake of buying tyres which were over an year old when I purchased the first set. Coming to other options, I have got Yokohama S drives, which are not known to be exactly silent.
I also go to hear about Falken ZE914. Reviews about this tyre anyone?
Any recommendations?
Old 5th June 2019, 10:12   #183
RDS
BHPian

I have a Figo Titanium+ Diesel and plan to upgrade tyres to 185/65 r14.
Now with SC ruling, I am not sure how to go about this important upgrade that is much required for safety.

Please share your opinions.
Old 5th June 2019, 15:31   #184
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDS View Post
I have a Figo Titanium+ Diesel and plan to upgrade tyres to 185/65 r14.
Now with SC ruling, I am not sure how to go about this important upgrade that is much required for safety.

Please share your opinions.
The new Figo facelift comes with 195/55 R15 as OEM size. What Ive seen in the checking that happened in Kerala was that cops were targetting cars with very obvious wheel / tyre modifications like narrow profile tires on upsized rims or wheels that were sticking out. A 185 / 65 R14 will not even be noticed by cops even if they are checking for modifications.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2019, 21:14   #185
RDS
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The new Figo facelift comes with 195/55 R15 as OEM size. What Ive seen in the checking that happened in Kerala was that cops were targetting cars with very obvious wheel / tyre modifications like narrow profile tires on upsized rims or wheels that were sticking out. A 185 / 65 R14 will not even be noticed by cops even if they are checking for modifications.
Thanks. My car is pre-facelift model (2015-2018). I agree about cops but how about Insurance companies. My question is - can this very nominal (and required) upgrade get used against us in anyway.
Further the SC notice clearly highlights "upgraded tyres".
RDS is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 23:00   #186
BHPian

I have Aspire diesel 2015 model. I am planning to change and upgrade my tyres. Currently it is running on Michelins and I have been pretty happy with their performance. Earlier they were MRFs and we all know how they performed. It would be helpful if someone can answer the following questions -

- How is 185/70/R14. I know 185/65/R14 is the tyre of choice for most but I found 185/70/14 cheaper than 185/65/14 at most sites. I understand the higher sidewall argument but how much of a difference is it going to be after all? Is it unsafe?
- I am also thinking of using the Freestyles rim based 185/60/15. Will it be a direct fit? Do we have to get into PCD/offset for rims too or is it just for alloys?
- Although I am inclined to repeat the Michelins but they cost a bomb. What would be the next best upgrade? I am looking at something below 4k. Yokohama Earth1s are retailing around 4k and should easily come below 4k after the discounts that will be coming in upcoming online sale.
- How is Yokohama blue earth compared to the Earth1?
- Ceats are also making me greedy especially the newer x3 version. Heard they have a softer compound and at the same time retail very cheap.
- Any other suggestions will be welcome.
Old 11th September 2019, 23:12   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
How is Yokohama blue earth compared to the Earth1?
I have been using the Blu Earth on my Ameo and Michelin on Figo S. Earlier one had the Earth 1.
Blu Earth will give you a more plush ride than the Earth 1. The latter has been made for India so will take bad roads better than the Blu Earth.
My Blu Earth came from Philippines and have heard recent ones are from Japan. They are really good tyres, cheaper versions of Michelin in a way.

But as you dont mind spending some money by sticking with Michelin, I feel you should not contemplate any further. My Michelin XM2 on Figo have been the best tyres I have used till date. Add to it my enthusiast driving and pathetic roads of Navi Mumbai. No punctures in the last 6 months and 9000 Kms (touchwood)

Last edited by VWAllstar : 11th September 2019 at 23:13. Reason: Spell check
VWAllstar is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 11th September 2019, 23:48   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
My Michelin XM2 on Figo have been the best tyres I have used till date.
Thanks VWAllstar for your feedback on BluEarth. Yeah Michelins are great tyres and may be I will stick with them. By the way mine have run around 75k. Never heard them running that long. They still have got some tread left. May be I have been lucky and that is what is making me ponder so much. I don't want my next set of tyres going kaput at 40-45k.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th October 2019 at 17:36. Reason: Typo fixed.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2019, 07:00   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKTRACK View Post
Thanks VWAllstar for your feedback on BluEarth. Yeah Michelins are great tyres and may be I will stick with them. By the way mine have run around 75k. Never heard them running that long. They still have got some tread left. May be I have been lucky and that is what is making me ponder so much. I don't want my next set of tyres going kaput at 40-45k.
75k is superlative performance. BluEarth won't last more than 35-40k. They have softer compound but for those 35-40k kms you will have a plush ride. Anyways given our roads, it is a no brainier to go for Michelins.

Last edited by aah78 : 24th October 2019 at 17:36. Reason: Typo in Quote fixed.
VWAllstar is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 12:30   #190
BHPian

I see that Michelin has launched XM2s under the size 195/55 R15. Sounds very good. Now i can look for alternates to the Continental MC5s that my Figo is currently doing.
Old 23rd February 2020, 16:37   #191
BHPian

This question is for those who has either put on 16"ers on their Figo themselves or have idea about the same.

Would tyre size 195/55/16 work? If not then would 195/50/16 fit? Would I require spacers for either of these sizes? Assuming suspension is stock.
Old 6th May 2020, 13:33   #192
Senior - BHPian

17inch Ecosport alloy looks amazing on the Figo, not sure about clearance though!
giri1.8 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st May 2020, 22:13   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
17inch Ecosport alloy looks amazing on the Figo, not sure about clearance though!
Yes. Looks like the upgrade was done on stock suspension which makes it a bad decision. A 2:20 minutes, you can see the tyres bottom out due to the poor clearance and the rather soft setup of the shocks.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 18:38   #194
BHPian

Own a Figo Tdci 2016 Model.
Was previously running on Continental MC5 195/55 R15s. Had been struggling to source a fresh batch of these tyres here in Pune.
No luck in finding a batch that was to be considered recently manufactured. Was only able to get 2019 Feb manufactured MC5s of this size.

Reluctantly, upgraded to 195/60 R15 Conti MC5.
Initial impressions after the upgrade :
Its so crazy silent. My older set were about 5.5 Years and i really feel the difference on the new set.
Also the ride feels much much plusher.
Miss the low'sh profile looks of the car though.
Pretty happy with the upgrade.

Psb the pics.
Sorry, couldn't source better cleaner pics.
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-whatsapp-image-20200810-6.39.38-pm-1.jpeg

Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-whatsapp-image-20200810-6.39.38-pm-2.jpeg

The upgrade was done from Darshan Tyres, Pune - Kharadi branch. They did a very decent job. Recommended.

Also, In my desperation, had even contacted BM Lal, Chennai. He was a great sport and was willing to source latest and ship it even to Pune.
However, i was running short of time for my drive to Kerala, meant i couldn't wait further and hence had to move on with the available size.

Last edited by jayakumarkp : 10th August 2020 at 18:46. Reason: Added pics.
jayakumarkp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th August 2020, 21:08   #195

Your post has come at the right time for me.
I too own a 2016 Ford Figo 1.5 TDCI. Presently car running on a set of Michelin XM2s in stock configuration. Since the tyres are due for replacement want to upsize now. Have shortlisted a set of ford freestyle alloys. But confusion is on tyre size between 195/55/r15 ,195/60/r15 and also 195/65/r15. Please give me some valuable feedback having driven on these configurations. Looking for a planted highway ride with more grip from the upgrade(primary). Wouldn't mind a little plusher ride too.
Thank you.
@dr_figo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks