Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2015, 09:21   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread

Ford Figo is indeed the hottest sensible hatch. Saw one in deep impact blue color and my god, it looked gorgeous. As many have stated here, the wheel upgrade is must. I think ford OEM 15 inch should fit perfectly and have just 4 holes as compared 8 available aftermarket. They are also very reasonably priced, at ~22k for a set of four.

There are two options that ford offers, one is the old fiesta design that is available as an accessory for the ecosport and also mentioned in this thread on page one.
The second is this
Powder coat this to matt grey/gun mental and you have all guns blazing.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-capture.jpg  

Crazy_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 19:24   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Here are some mock-ups of how the Aspire would look with the 15" alloys available as an accessory for the Fiesta (suggested by Crazy_Bean), and the EcoSport:

Original/Stock 14" Alloys
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-front-quarter-original.jpgFord Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-side-original.jpg
Fiesta's 15" Accessory Alloys
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-front-quarter-fiesta-accessory.jpgFord Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-side-fiesta-accessory.jpg
EcoSport's 15" Accessory Alloys
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-front-quarter-ecosport-accessory.jpgFord Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-side-ecosport-accessory.jpg

Last edited by arunphilip : 18th October 2015 at 19:26. Reason: Added links
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 20:03   #33
Distinguished - BHPian

Since all the Ford alloys shown in the previous post are silver-based in colour, here are some slightly different colour options. For convenience, I've taken a few colour options from Pete's list of Borbet alloys.

Disclaimer: Although these Borbet alloys are shown here, it does not imply that these alloys will be of the appropriate diameter, width or PCD to fit the Aspire. These are purely to give people a few colour/design options to look at.

Borbet BS4
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-fq-borbet-bs4.jpgFord Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-side-borbet-bs4.jpg
Borbet LV5
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-fq-borbet-lv5.jpgFord Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-side-borbet-lv5.jpg
Borbet BL4 Silver
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-fq-borbet-bl4-silver.jpgFord Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-side-borbet-bl4-silver.jpg
Borbet XB Graphite
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-fq-borbet-xb-graphite.jpgFord Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-side-borbet-xb-graphite.jpg
arunphilip is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 20:54   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Here are some mock-ups of how the Aspire would look with the 15" alloys available as an accessory for the Fiesta (suggested by Crazy_Bean), and the EcoSport:

Original/Stock 14" Alloys
Attachment 1428791Attachment 1428792

Fiesta's 15" Accessory Alloys
Attachment 1428793Attachment 1428794

Quote:
Since all the Ford alloys shown in the previous post are silver-based in colour, here are some slightly different colour options. For convenience, I've taken a few colour options from Pete's list of Borbet alloys.

Disclaimer: Although these Borbet alloys are shown here, it does not imply that these alloys will be of the appropriate diameter, width or PCD to fit the Aspire. These are purely to give people a few colour/design options to look at.

Thanks arunphilip for doing this exercise & also thanks for opening this thread.

Also wanted to ask you wether you have booked a Figo or a Aspire, hence the much interest in these cars & so much information you have provided, like in the other thread you provided the kerb weight of the cars. Please tell us
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 22:13   #35
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks Arun. Thats some slick photoshop.

Unfortunately, the wheel I shared doesn't look that great

Not sure how the real thing would look like.

Thanks anyway. This was helpful.
Old 20th October 2015, 16:38   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

That moment when your Car Parts have already arrived before your new car is here

Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445339278.466416.jpg

MOMO Revenge;

Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445339293.823077.jpg

Last edited by karan561 : 20th October 2015 at 16:40.
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th October 2015, 16:50   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
That moment when your Car Parts have already arrived before your new car is here

Attachment 1429545

MOMO Revenge;

Attachment 1429546

Nice! The best wheel design that MOMO makes. Love them.

I hope the 8 holes dont look out of place. Are they 15s? What's the wheel of choice? How much did you pay for these?

Cant wait to see them on your car. BTW What color is your car?

So excited
Old 20th October 2015, 21:07   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Bean View Post
Nice! The best wheel design that MOMO makes. Love them.

I hope the 8 holes dont look out of place. Are they 15s? What's the wheel of choice? How much did you pay for these?

Cant wait to see them on your car. BTW What color is your car?

So excited
The car is WHITE.

Yes this indeed is one of the best designs by MOMO.

The rims are 15"ers (hence a 1" upsize) , check out some close up shots;

Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445355384.459550.jpg

Exquisite finishing

Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445355400.132035.jpg
Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1445355416.073431.jpg

Bought them for about 29k INR from TIRE RIGHT Mumbai

Last edited by karan561 : 20th October 2015 at 21:15.
karan561 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2015, 19:42   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

The car finally got fit with the MOMO's;

Wrapped on 195/55 Continental Max Contact 5;

Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446041426.146693.jpg

Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446041482.242983.jpg

Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446041496.047633.jpg

Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1446041526.120165.jpg

karan561 is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 29th October 2015, 18:43   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Wrapped on 195/55 Continental Max Contact 5;
Homework time Can you please try putting one of these tires in the spare tire storage beneath the boot and see how it fits? Maybe a photo too?

I ask because the overall diameter of the tire is about 1/2 inch more, and the 195 mm section tires will be taller also when placed plat. I assume it should fit it just fine, given the export model supports the same size of tire, but just wanted to hear from you.
Old 31st October 2015, 22:27   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Homework time Can you please try putting one of these tires in the spare tire storage beneath the boot and see how it fits? Maybe a photo too?

I ask because the overall diameter of the tire is about 1/2 inch more, and the 195 mm section tires will be taller also when placed plat. I assume it should fit it just fine, given the export model supports the same size of tire, but just wanted to hear from you.
Shall do that once i visit the tyre guy
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2015, 23:48   #42
BHPian

Quote:
The car finally got fit with the MOMO's;

Wrapped on 195/55 Continental Max Contact 5

Karan, the alloys look incredible. Congratulations!

Could you share your impressions on the Continental MC5 please, especially compared to the Michelin P3ST & the Yokohama S-Drives, in case you have experience with them.

Context is, I've been searching for a tyre that has a good balance between handling, grip & silence, a cross between the S-Drives, which have good feel and good grip, but are too noisy for me, and the P3ST, which are silent but don't feel so good through the steering - and, apparently, don't grip as well, according to people who've actually thrown them around. Essentially, something that the Pirelli P7 does, but in 15", where unfortunately, it's not available.

From what I've been reading, the MC5 strikes just this balance. So, would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks!

P.S.: I also have the option to buy the Yokohama AVS db v550, something that apparently does strike that balance, according to Yokohama, where in one of their international sites, they show the S-Drives & the v550 having the same level of grip & braking prowess. However, it's a very old tire, and the way technology is moving, in my mind, a tire launched 2-3 years ago, like the MC5 or the P3ST is likely to be better than a decade old tire.

Last edited by bosporus : 2nd November 2015 at 23:53. Reason: Added P.S.
bosporus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2015, 17:21   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Karan, congratulations on the Figo Hatch and welcome to the Figo/Aspire family

Those Momo's look absolutely gorgeous and suit like a T to that white Figo.

I see that you paid 29K assuming its for 4 15" alloys. What were the cost of the Conti tires?

Please do share a short review of changes that you feel after these upgrades?

Also assuming that its a diesel and will be sharing an ownership report soon?

Congrats again and safe drives
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 12:13   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosporus View Post
Could you share your impressions on the Continental MC5 please, especially compared to the Michelin P3ST & the Yokohama S-Drives, in case you have experience with them.

Context is, I've been searching for a tyre that has a good balance between handling, grip & silence, a cross between the S-Drives, which have good feel and good grip, but are too noisy for me, and the P3ST, which are silent but don't feel so good through the steering - and, apparently, don't grip as well, according to people who've actually thrown them around. Essentially, something that the Pirelli P7 does, but in 15", where unfortunately, it's not available.

From what I've been reading, the MC5 strikes just this balance. So, would really appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks!

P.S.: I also have the option to buy the Yokohama AVS db v550, something that apparently does strike that balance, according to Yokohama, where in one of their international sites, they show the S-Drives & the v550 having the same level of grip & braking prowess. However, it's a very old tire, and the way technology is moving, in my mind, a tire launched 2-3 years ago, like the MC5 or the P3ST is likely to be better than a decade old tire.
Thanks !

As you feel the db series of the Yokohama are old tires with the same principle you should eliminate the S-Drive options too.

About Michelin 3ST i believe they are really good tyres considering they are replacing the PLC series, but havent used them yet to give a proper feedback, though i had the PLC for about 55k on my Scala i assume they will be equally good.

Coming to the Conti Max Contact 5, well this is my 2nd set (Scala running MC5 done about 20k kms) and are really giving Michelin level comfort & grip with that extra sturdiness required for Indian conditions so in my eyes the MC5 are better than 3ST & also cheaper than Michelins.

Regarding Pirelli, if not P7 you can consider P1 too, as thats a great tyre as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Karan, congratulations on the Figo Hatch and welcome to the Figo/Aspire family

Those Momo's look absolutely gorgeous and suit like a T to that white Figo.

I see that you paid 29K assuming its for 4 15" alloys. What were the cost of the Conti tires?

Please do share a short review of changes that you feel after these upgrades?

Also assuming that its a diesel and will be sharing an ownership report soon?

Congrats again and safe drives
Thanks Mobike,

Infact your Blue Bombardier's review helped reinforce my buy decision of the Figo 1.5 D, so special thanks to you there

Yes i paid 29k + Fitting for the wheels (15" set of 4)

Yes, the ownership review will come soon.

Last edited by karan561 : 4th November 2015 at 12:14.
karan561 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 14:10   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Mobike,

Infact your Blue Bombardier's review helped reinforce my buy decision of the Figo 1.5 D, so special thanks to you there

Yes i paid 29k + Fitting for the wheels (15" set of 4)

Yes, the ownership review will come soon.
Glad to know that my review helped. Woah, so its 1.5D. Iam sure its a pocket rocket in that size proposition

Look forward to your ownership report soon

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks