Team-BHP > Modifications & Accessories > Tyre & Alloy wheel Section

Search this Thread
Old 5th November 2015, 00:37   #46
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
As you feel the db series of the Yokohama are old tires with the same principle you should eliminate the S-Drive options too.

About Michelin 3ST i believe they are really good tyres considering they are replacing the PLC series, but havent used them yet to give a proper feedback, though i had the PLC for about 55k on my Scala i assume they will be equally good.

Coming to the Conti Max Contact 5, well this is my 2nd set (Scala running MC5 done about 20k kms) and are really giving Michelin level comfort & grip with that extra sturdiness required for Indian conditions so in my eyes the MC5 are better than 3ST & also cheaper than Michelins.

Regarding Pirelli, if not P7 you can consider P1 too, as thats a great tyre as well
Thanks for your feedback Karan!

Looks like I'll have to Sherlock Holmes my way to my decision: eliminate any tyres I have issues with, and what's left, however improbable, is the answer.

- S-Drives: Love their grip levels at normal driving speeds (hear conflicting views, once they're pushed to their limits) & steering feel, but that noise gets to me. So, out.

- P3ST: Despite their comfort & high noise, that vague steering feel is a deal breaker. Just don't inspire confidence in the drive, at least for me. Even my lowly regarding Apollo Aceleres were far superior in this respect. A side-note: from my personal experience, the Apollo Aceleres/Alnacs are an under appreciated tyre, especially for the price.

- MC5: Now, this is a tyre I had high hopes from. But comparisons to the P3STs don't inspire confidence. Moreover, apart from the one headline which uses the word performance, all technical description on the Continental website only speaks about comfort & silence. So, while I'm tempted to go for them, especially at the price, it's a gamble I'm loathe to take.

- AVS db v550: Along with the S-Drives, these are the oldest tyre design in this batch, more than a decade old. What first got me excited was a chance visit to a Yokohama site (can't remember the country, but was European, I think) and it listed the grip, handling & braking capability of the tyre at par with the S-Drives, with the added advantage of better comfort & quietness - basically, exactly what I was searching for. As I read reviews on tyrereviews.co.uk, everyone spoke about the quietness & the comfort with the surprisingly good handling & high grip levels - exactly what I was looking for. And these were drivers of far superior cars - Lexus, Jaguar, et al.

I still have 2 concerns: 1.) the treadwear rating is just 220, compared to say 340 for the P3ST, so while my friendly dealer insists he's seem tyres with his customers last 45-50k, I have my doubts. Incidentally, low tire life was also mentioned on tyrereviews.co.uk. But you can't have it all, so I'll live with this.
2.) The really old design. But considering nothing among the new designs seems to come close to delivering what I need, I guess I'll ignore this too. The dealer incidentally mentioned that Yokohama has made improvements over the years, but never changed the model name. Have also heard similar things about the S-Drives.

So, looks like it is the Yokohama AVS db v550 for me.

Incidentally, a big factor in the purchase is the dealer, who is knowledgeable, comes across as a thorough gentleman & really inspires confidence - Mr. Deepak Kataria at Star Wheels, Gurgaon. I wanted to go with him, which further tilted things in the favour of the Yokos over the MC5.

So, I go tomorrow for the change, fingers crossed. If anyone knows a good reason to avoid them speak now, or forever hold your peace

P.S.: I'm also getting the MOMO Revenge along with the new tyres.

Last edited by bosporus : 5th November 2015 at 00:41.
bosporus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 12:19   #47
BHPian

I have booked the Aspire 1.2L Trend. Planning to upgrade the tires to 195/55 R15 with Alloys from after market.

I would like to know what is the exact PCD for the Alloys for Figo Aspire?

@Karan - What is the cost of the Conti tires?

Thanks.
Old 24th November 2015, 14:10   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
I have booked the Aspire 1.2L Trend. Planning to upgrade the tires to 195/55 R15 with Alloys from after market.

I would like to know what is the exact PCD for the Alloys for Figo Aspire?

@Karan - What is the cost of the Conti tires?

Thanks.

PCD is 108

I bought the Continental max contact 5 in 195/55 R15 for INR 5400/tyre
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 15:37   #49
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameer sultan View Post
Hi Sameer. I don't think the 1.2 petrol has the torque or power to effectively drive 195 tires. I'd suggest for that engine you stick to 175 or go to 185 at the most. Even in 175, changing from the stock tires to grippier ones will be beneficial.
arunphilip is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2015, 17:48   #50
BHPian

Wanted to know if the Momo Revenge are available in 'Hypersilver' in India?
I have seen the black & Matt Anthracite readily available, but no option of Silver.
Old 25th November 2015, 04:01   #51
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja View Post
Wanted to know if the Momo Revenge are available in 'Hypersilver' in India?
I have seen the black & Matt Anthracite readily available, but no option of Silver.

Raja, the Revenge does not come in any other combination for the 108 PCD that Fords run around on.
methecupid is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2015, 10:12   #52
BHPian

I am thinking of changing the MRF ZV2K tyres with same stock size set of another manufacturer, I am feeling steering has got heavy since the last puncture and car does not pick up like earlier and there is some vibration noise that has got evident on 1st and 2nd gear
Old 28th November 2015, 17:38   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Hi Sameer. I don't think the 1.2 petrol has the torque or power to effectively drive 195 tires. I'd suggest for that engine you stick to 175 or go to 185 at the most. Even in 175, changing from the stock tires to grippier ones will be beneficial.

Hi Arun Do you suggest I go for 185/60R15? I have shortlisted Michelin and Conti in this size.

I have seen these 15" Alloys Neo branded PCD 108. Ford Figo / Aspire : Tyre & Wheel Upgrade Thread-imageuploadedbyteambhp1448712415.340459.jpg
Old 29th December 2015, 14:50   #54
BHPian

Trying to revive this thread as follow up to my previous post for upgrading to stock size, I found decent reviews for Michelin Energy XM2 Tubeless - P 175/65R 14 82H, would it be a better upgrade to OEM MRF ZV2K Tyres?
Old 31st December 2015, 13:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav_j View Post
Have upgraded the wheels to Hankook and Momo Revenge
Hey Raghav, which hankook are you on? V8rs or ventus v12 Evo? How are you liking them? Have you used any other brands too? How do you compare them to yokos, if you've used them..

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 31st December 2015 at 13:51. Reason: Quoting the relevant post and moved it here.
Old 31st December 2015, 13:50   #56

Re: Need help with marriage proposal (Polo vs Figo)

Hey Ankit,

I am on Ventus v12 Evo's, I have used Yokos C Drive on my Lancer SFXi before and compared to them the Hankook are more performance oriented and give a superb grip while cornering and the also i like the way the water drains out of the Hankooks, well they are pretty silent as well. I chose the Hankooks over Yoko's S Drive.
Old 1st January 2016, 20:16   #57
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghav_j View Post
Hey Ankit,

I am on Ventus v12 Evo's, I have used Yokos C Drive on my Lancer SFXi before and compared to them the Hankook are more performance oriented and give a superb grip while cornering and the also i like the way the water drains out of the Hankooks, well they are pretty silent as well. I chose the Hankooks over Yoko's S Drive.
So I assume you have upsized to 16 inchers? As far as I'm aware, the v12 are only available in 16in. Please do correct me if I'm wrong. Also, where did you source the tyres from (if you're from Bombay).
Old 2nd January 2016, 22:31   #58

Nope it's the 15" v12. You get the15" v12 evos. Mine is a 195/55/R15. I reside in Bangalore and got them from Hercules Tyres. You get them easily with any Hankook tyre dealers.
Old 16th February 2016, 14:47   #59
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Got my Figo delivered on Friday last week. Loving every bit of it, after the Linea (in the background in 3rd pic) which has quite a bit of turbo lag this feels very spirited to drive. Tires were upgraded to Bridgestone Potenza G3 195/55R15 and wheels upgraded to Momo Revenge 15 inches.

Tyre and wheel upgrade brings very perceptible improvements in the drive.

Keeping a close eye on doors for the rattling noises as mentioned in this thread, but I also have another issue, I am not very sure of the parking sensors which were installed by the dealer, unlike the ecosport there is no graphic display on the central MID and also the audible warnings are very perplexing with the beep intensity getting high and low without any object in the background. Only when the car is just about 12-15 inches away from the obstacle does the beep turns into a constant sound. Can anyone throw some light on how their parking sensors work?

Some customary pictures, please forgive me for the poor quality my photography skills are pathetic
Congratulations for the car.Seems the Momos are the default choice ,which indeed looks good on the Figo. How much did the Bridgestones cost you?
rakesh_r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2016, 14:55   #60
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
Got my Figo delivered on Friday last week. Loving every bit of it, after the Linea (in the background in 3rd pic) which has quite a bit of turbo lag this feels very spirited to drive. Tires were upgraded to Bridgestone Potenza G3 195/55R15 and wheels upgraded to Momo Revenge 15 inches.
Can you please PM the contact details of the dealer you got the Momo Revenge in 15 inches from? I am looking for the same alloys but its not available anywhere here.

Most Viewed